Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

they should bring back ask jeeves, but make him a chatgpt. and you have to say please and thank you to him and ask for things in proper sentences or he refuses.

no manners, no jeeves. be rude and get nothing, be kind and learn how to build a pipebomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

AARD VARKMAN posted:

finding obscure poo poo has definitely felt harder in recent years. also one that I really hate is how google puts shopping and news and random related tags before the "images" button now on mobile. that poo poo loving sucks

now? theyve been doing this bizarre poo poo for what has to be a decade. i never bothered searching up to find out why the hell even, but i'm sure the explanation would only disappoint

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

quote:

The situation is arguably even worse in my language, where "Images" and "Maps" are almost the same word ("Kuvat" and "Kartat"). I have to read the links carefully to avoid misclicking. –
ntoskrnl
Nov 7, 2014
this poor loving bastard

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

AARD VARKMAN posted:

it was at least usually early in the list if not first but the other day it was several scrolls over and that has me particularly enraged

ok so apparently it's based on what you search for and not just random. meaning whatever you searched, google thought there was nooo possible way you wanted to see images of it

if theres a known google goon i want them summoned to a tribunal, this nonsense has gone on long enough and someone needs to answer for it all