Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Hwurmp posted:

in the third act they start teleporting Aspiring Champions in right on top of you, on little catwalks with no room to maneuver
These enemies are pretty much bullshit. I also feel like the visuals overall need to be clearer, especially when you're in a "purge everything" arena – that red overlay/filter is just obnoxious and makes it even more difficult to get a clean read on your surroundings and adversaries.

Space Marines possess transhuman senses and are garbed in the finest of wargear, it is pretty much heretical to suggest they perceive the world around them as this kind of muddled mess. :colbert:

Edit: just finished the game. Hard/Emperor's Mercy difficulty, 12.9 hours played according to Steam. It was OK, I guess? There were acceptable amounts of dakka, with the heavy bolter probably feeling the most satisfying all in all. The (unblessed) shotgun seemed less powerful than you'd expect in this kind of game. Past the first few levels I rarely used the chainsword or charge. The absence of a map feature did not bother me too much, although I did spend a little more time trying to find my way on certain levels than was entirely edifying. As I mentioned earlier the visuals were fuzzy/unclear more frequently than I'd have liked despite the retro/pixelation stuff being all but disabled, which in turn made the combat feel artificially difficult.

Overall not a bad game, particularly at this price point. Can't see myself revisiting it again, though.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU