Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Moon Slayer posted:

This is the second worst* ending for Komai, and I know that nobody get a truly happy ending in Guangdong but man I wish there was an option to get Stanley Ho's "legitimate" friends to make him disappear or commit suicide by shooting himself ten times in the back or something.

*worst is where his coup succeeds and then he fails to contain the riots, so he gets dragged from his panic room and shot in the loving face by Lee Chun.

Yeah, I was definitely hoping Komai found himself at the wrong end of an Arisaka rifle. That said, why is he such an absolute dick? I can understand various Nazis being assholes in this timeline, but I couldn't really find anything on him from a quick Google, other than TNO wiki stuff. 'Cos goddamn, what a slimy son of a bitch. Seriously, if this was some kind of corpo propaganda to inspire people to buy Sony shares and divest themselves of Hitachi's, it's kind of working :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Moon Slayer posted:

I assumed that he was made up for the story, since my cursory wiki and google searches didn't turn up anything, and he's portrayed as especially vile.

Yeah, that makes sense. Considering Li Ka-Shing is still alive and Stanley Ho only passed in 2020, it's entirely possible that if Komai was a real person either he or his estate would have no trouble suing the modders for defamation :v: