Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

The welcome hello and chat thread has taken over all of byob and now every thread is chatty and not about jokes any more it’s all about hugging and that’s okay I reckon but yeah I miss the jokes and I am glad people are still posting dumb joke threads and I wish my brain had more ideas for dumb joke threads these days but idk I’ve never really been all that funny and what little funny juices I have can only manage like maybe a thread a month these days and also it hurts my feelings but I just don’t have as much time for yobbin these days!!

I mean that's not really what I mean. I love the jokes and the hugging, but we've had a recent onslaught of posters that are neither huggable, nor funny, and it sucks poo poo to be honest.

When I joined here, the first thread was like "I saw a bird today" and i clicked it and there were pics and live video of the bird drinking. the posters were like "hey op u should feed the bird", and then the op followed up on it. And after that I fell in love with BYOB.

Even the racy jokes here were funny, like the "the cia is woke now" thread.

These days not only are the racy jokes unfunny, but the normal jokes are kind of unfunny too. so i dont visit much or post anymore, because i dont want to add to it and because even gbs puts out funnier content than byob these days.

Too much is always not enough!

(Thanks to tvsveryown for the spring sig!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alexandriao posted:

I mean that's not really what I mean. I love the jokes and the hugging, but we've had a recent onslaught of posters that are neither huggable, nor funny, and it sucks poo poo to be honest.

When I joined here, the first thread was like "I saw a bird today" and i clicked it and there were pics and live video of the bird drinking. the posters were like "hey op u should feed the bird", and then the op followed up on it. And after that I fell in love with BYOB.

Even the racy jokes here were funny, like the "the cia is woke now" thread.

These days not only are the racy jokes unfunny, but the normal jokes are kind of unfunny too. so i dont visit much or post anymore, because i dont want to add to it and because even gbs puts out funnier content than byob these days.

it is different and i miss the byob i knew, but when i left, like so many others before and after me for whatever reasons, it was because the culture was changing to something new and different and i no longer felt welcome. it's been a fun little reunion thread but i understand it's not going to change back to the version i felt welcome in. some of my favorite people still post here and i'm happy for them that this is still their byob. i'd love to be able to go back to the island but for me i guess you just had to be there to experience it live and that unique feeling will never really be a reality again. but that in itself is the story of life and our collective experiences of it.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Too many yobbers got carried away by ants

Squirrels2Nuts

comedere nuces omni tempore

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Too many yobbers got carried away by ants

thanks, ants
thants

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
and we see why even gbs is more welcoming at this point...

:yikes:

teemolover42069

by Fluffdaddy

Luvcow posted:

and we see why even gbs is more welcoming at this point...

:yikes:

oh no!!! luvcow is being carried away by ants!!!!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Squirrels2Nuts

comedere nuces omni tempore
heyoh!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
sorry about your thread op

:gas:

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:(

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

I'm sorry for what's happened to this place, you deserve better

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Luvcow posted:

We all do! Let's work hard and make it happen!

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

deep dish peat moss

I think Something Awful in general has just lot a whole lot of posters ever since the Lowtax thing. As a night owl it's a little sad how slow the forums are at night now. And forums like Creative Convention are so dead that the front page has threads that haven't been posted in since last year.

And the internet overall (particularly US Nighttime internet, anyway, when I am mostly active) has shrank a lot ever since 2020, between THE PLAGUE killing people off, businesses no longer being open 24/7 etc :( It's just a smaller world these days

deep dish peat moss

Anyway here's a carrot because I can draw again on my new meds

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

deep dish peat moss posted:

Anyway here's a carrot because I can draw again on my new meds

Yay, I was legit missing your art

teemolover42069

by Fluffdaddy

Luvcow posted:

what I like about byob is that there aren't a bunch of people going around post-policing and droning on about how it used to be better, being elitist, etc. the vibes are chill and good, and negativity is kept to a minimum.

there are still people vibing and having a good time here. sorry you're not one of them. that's entirely your choice. if you want to vibe and have a good time then this is still a good place for that. if you want to be negative and elitist about posting, there sure are lots of other places you can do that and that's great too. you should check them out :)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

treasure bear

teemolover42069 posted:

what I like about byob is that there aren't a bunch of people going around post-policing and droning on about how it used to be better, being elitist, etc. the vibes are chill and good, and negativity is kept to a minimum.

there are still people vibing and having a good time here. sorry you're not one of them. that's entirely your choice. if you want to vibe and have a good time then this is still a good place for that. if you want to be negative and elitist about posting, there sure are lots of other places you can do that and that's great too. you should check them out :)

like it or not, the forum is getting deleted on thursday, so time to make your peace with that

nut

i'm here actively making it suck dragging this mfer down and lying to everyone saying i'm big vibes

deep dish peat moss

ugh, they're nutting all over the place

Dr. Chainsaws PhD

they're paying me $5 to break apart and dismantle BYOB with a big hammer soon, so get your posts in

Ass-penny

sorry to be the one always bringing byob down. y'all can tell me to :fuckoff: if'n you need

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
I like everyone in byob and some contrary opinions can also be good vibes

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Machai

If you miss the old stuff, you can go back and necro some of the old good threads and breathe new life I to them.

Escape From Noise

How Wonderful! posted:

I think bingo bango should post instead of mowing the lawn and playing zelda

Big same.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ass-penny

deep dish peat moss posted:

One of the byob posts I think about most often was in some thread about e-cigarettes bo pepper posted something like "mmmm all those 1s and 0s", I think about it every time I see someone vaping

I think of a different post from the same thread. I can't remember who authored it but the previous post was something about their daughter catching the op vaping and crying and the op cries with her.
The post I actually think about all of the time was like "my dog catches me vaping all of the time but I'm the boss of her, so I keep blowing chunky clouds like a big, big man"
I think about that post every day

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

The post I actually think about all of the time was like "my dog catches me vaping all of the time but I'm the boss of him, so I keep blowing chunky clouds like a big, big man"

that was me and it's still true :tipshat:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Escape From Noise

Also I'm sorry that I ruined BYOB with my posting.

Escape From Noise

Escape From Noise posted:

...NOT! :twisted:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I think we can all agree that we like to post, on the forums, with our pals both old and new

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Escape From Noise

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I think we can all agree that we like to post, on the forums, with our pals both old and new

Not me. I love 2 lurk.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

treasure bear posted:

like it or not, the forum is getting deleted on thursday, so time to make your peace with that

Thank heavens for this

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Sometimes I worry about the future of byob or somethingawful dot com but then I remember that it is all being deleted next Tuesday so really it’s not worth worrying about too much so I just make posts of varying quality, confident that all evidence of their existence will be deleted next Tuesday

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

:clint: post ‘em if you got ‘em pals :clint:

Areola Grande

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

:clint: post ‘em if you got ‘em pals :clint:

p...p-posting... :shudder:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

alexandriao

:wrong:

Wasn't talking about you friend :)

Too much is always not enough!

(Thanks to tvsveryown for the spring sig!)

Escape From Noise

alexandriao posted:

:wrong:

Wasn't talking about you friend :)

I'm still gonna do it.

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

delete u next tuesday

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

watho

also i have to say i really don’t think the self deprecating “oh i’m so bad at posting” schtick is very funny or endearing and it kinda makes me roll my eyes. always has. you’re all good posters in my eyes

Escape From Noise

watho posted:

also i have to say i really don’t think the self deprecating “oh i’m so bad at posting” schtick is very funny or endearing and it kinda makes me roll my eyes. always has. you’re all good posters in my eyes

And yet, I'll never stop!

watho

And yet, I'll never stop!

yuore posting is good and it breaks my heart to see you like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
rolling a golden apple into byob that says "to the worst poster"

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!