Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Chuck was the most evil character in either show and he should have had a death worse than Howards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Or he should have lived and married Skyler and produced the literal anti-christ.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Chuck was right about everything.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mobby_6kl posted:

He wasn't right about being crazy.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Saul was fine but the best parts of the show were Chuck, Kim, & Lalo and they weren’t in Wichita so the decision to have tedious capers when things should have been wrapping up wasn’t great for pacing. Did still enjoy the final ep, but can’t see a rewatch anytime soon.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Chuck was almost right about everything with Jimmy. He believed that Jimmy was never going to change. This was the crux of the whole show. Jimmy thought pulling himself up and becoming a lawyer proved Chuck wrong, but it didn't, since Jimmy still continued to be a scumbag grifter, now just in a different way.

The finale was him finally choosing to make a genuine change and proving his brother wrong.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Jimmy actively tried to better himself and change multiple times in the beginning of the series and was usually hampered by Chuck.

Chuck’s distrust furthered the cycle of Jimmy’s scumbag behavior.

It’s like poetry, it rhymes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lister posted:

The finale was him finally choosing to make a genuine change and proving his brother wrong.

The change was he took stupid pills and behaved like a different character. No one chooses life in prison to help someone save some money.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Once you've finished BB and BCS the entire Metástasis is free on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@williamcoyoy3296/videos No subtitles though.

Even if you don't speak Spanish/Castilian you can still relive all the pivotal moments of BB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFWQzHiTjo&t=1312s

mobby_6kl posted:

:vince:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
what is sad is that even when jimmy realizes it isn't howard but chuck who has been loving with him, he never apologizes to howard.

howard deserved better.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Uriah Heep posted:

Goons tripping over their Velcro straps to explain why a popular thing is bad using some pedantic rear end criticisms. :jerkbag:

Word

I've seen hundreds of TV shows and when it comes to the GOAT I keep coming back to Three's Company (1977-1984).

No violence, no curse words, wholesome family content with platonic relationships. :rip: John Ritter and Don Knotts.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think it is because he felt humiliated. I mean, if your family is actively trying to sabotage you and everyone knows but you and have been seeing you go completely out of your way to support them in their made up illness. I dunno. He should have fed Chuck to Tuco.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zogo posted:

I've seen hundreds of TV shows and when it comes to the GOAT I keep coming back to Three's Company (1977-1984).

No violence, no curse words, wholesome family content with platonic relationships. :rip: John Ritter and Don Knotts.

It was about a gay dude. Or the US version was about a massive horndog and his horndog friend who were constantly trying to get laid.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

This show sucks.

I do enjoy seeing the people who were in BB a decade ago try and play younger versions of themselves.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Cowslips Warren posted:

what is sad is that even when jimmy realizes it isn't howard but chuck who has been loving with him, he never apologizes to howard.

howard deserved better.

Jimmy went after Howard because Howard hosed with Kim. That was it, he was an enemy from then on.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Waltzing Along posted:

Chuck was the most evil character in either show and he should have had a death worse than Howards.

You really think Chuck was worse than Lalo? Not even "equal in a different way"?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yeah but lalo had that carefully cultivated villain streak in his hair though. that counts for a lot

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Agent Escalus posted:

You really think Chuck was worse than Lalo? Not even "equal in a different way"?

Chuck was the Skyler of Better Call Saul. The only difference is he got ded.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

one thing you can't deny about walter white, he made fat stacks

:hmmyes:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Much like reading the Dark Tower. You're supposed to stop at the obvious end and not watch the rest. Once the show goes black & white and it's past the Breaking Bad timeline. Just stop, let your imagination imagine the rest.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I was not a fan of the way Nacho went out :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Nocheez posted:

Jimmy went after Howard because Howard hosed with Kim. That was it, he was an enemy from then on.

the thing was that Howard never was malicious to Kim. oh boo he sent her to the cornfield for some poo poo, but jimmy also hosed her over several times. i think jimmy just mentally put howard and chuck together after a while and decided to get howard since he could not get chuck after a point.

also kim was a dumbass for thinking she could do the mesa verde poo poo alone.

Nacho went out on his own terms, at least. His last words were loving spot on. I PUT YOU IN THAT CHAIR.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mst4k posted:

he died the way he lived. Being a badass

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mst4k posted:

Yeah, they done him dirty.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
there’s a 2004 or 2005 pontiac grand prix that shows up a season 3 episode of BCS that ostensibly takes place in sept 2002 and it isn’t even in the IMDB bloopers page for that episode. (the rear view mirror changed for the 2006 model year so it’s either an 04 or 05.)

it ruined my immersion so much that i stopped the episode right there and i haven’t gotten back into the show since. this was months ago.

how the gently caress did the writers think they would pass this one over on viewers like me?? i’m livid. i hate anachronisms.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Waltzing Along posted:

He literally burned himself to death :nallears:

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Nah, it was said outright that it was smoke inhalation and the firefighters found his body.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

the thing was that Howard never was malicious to Kim. oh boo he sent her to the cornfield for some poo poo, but jimmy also hosed her over several times. i think jimmy just mentally put howard and chuck together after a while and decided to get howard since he could not get chuck after a point.

At the memorial, he tells howard's wife that he was jealous of him because he got the respect from chuck that he never gave jimmy. Now there's a lot of lying going on in the whole scene so it's up to interpretation if it's bullshit, but to me it seems like that was the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty much everyone I've talked to that liked the show thought the ending was fine, but underwhelming. To me it really feels like they technically "stuck the landing" but were so afraid of tarnishing the show's legacy with backlash that they chose the safest, most to-the-point and on-the-nose finale possible. I suppose in the end that IS better than an ending that tarnishes the show.

It also didn't help that the the main narrative of the show actually ended with s6e09 "Fun and Games". The final four black and white episodes are just an epilogue that I'm not sure they would have even committed to if they hadn't opened every other season with a "Gene at the Cinnabon" cold open. I think the pacing of the final scene would have benefitted greatly if the black and white Gene episodes were spliced throughout the the final season rather than being the entirety of the final four episodes.