Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the game bad?
This poll is closed.
Yes 52 23.32%
No 16 7.17%
facuk u op!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 39 17.49%
Goku 116 52.02%
Total: 161 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I checked out the official Steam page and noticed that a Live youtuber is streaming right now. I opened it and after 10 seconds he got stuck and started dying whenever he jumped. Then proceeded to quickly die two more times in about 30 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Vakal posted:

Imagine getting into game development, your life long dream, the endless possibilities to push the boundaries of gaming lay ahead of you.

Then you get stuck making an ugly as gently caress Lord of the Rings spin-off everyday for like 4 years of your life and in the end it turns out that people hate and mock it to the point you have to apologize for even creating it.

I mean this is an indie studio production isn't it? It's not a AAA punching the clock thing. That this may have been a passion project is probably what makes it somewhat interesting. I dunno.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Being an official Steam streamer sounds like a unique kind of hell. No one knows who you are or pays any attention to you because you're just another trailer to sell the game which means you probably can't take breaks because your active presence is selling a product, and you'd have to try to only show parts of the game that are appealing because if your existence on the store page isn't driving sales then they'd have no reason to renew your streaming contract. Then you wake up one day and get an email telling you that you're going to be streaming Lord of the Ring: Gollum today.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Randarkman posted:

I mean this is an indie studio production isn't it? It's not a AAA punching the clock thing. That this may have been a passion project is probably what makes it somewhat interesting. I dunno.

It was made by Daedelic which is a ~125 person studio owned by Nacon, a french conglomerate of video game studios renowned for extremely lovely working conditions and being sued by their own studios for hacking into their servers to steal and release unfinished versions of games and then not paying the developers. They mostly make the Deponia series which certainly looks like a low-rent indie adventure game series but they've made a whole lot of them and sell an entire line of horny t-shirts featuring half naked versions of the women from the game on their website. Lord of the Ring: Gollum is their 23rd completed game as a studio and they've been doing this for 15 years, but it might be the first game they've made that's not some kind of horny anime thing which explains a lot.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 27, 2023

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Randarkman posted:

They're charging $70. That is a AAA price point.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

How does "young hot Gollum" work in this case because wasn't he a hobbit who sat in a cave until he became a freak

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

deep dish peat moss posted:

Being an official Steam streamer sounds like a unique kind of hell. No one knows who you are or pays any attention to you because you're just another trailer to sell the game which means you probably can't take breaks because your active presence is selling a product, and you'd have to try to only show parts of the game that are appealing because if your existence on the store page isn't driving sales then they'd have no reason to renew your streaming contract. Then you wake up one day and get an email telling you that you're going to be streaming Lord of the Ring: Gollum today.

streaming isn't a real job so who cares

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This is a real screenshot from Lord of the Ring: Gollum

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I wonder what his disgusting little wiener looks like, hehehe

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

What a loving turd

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Icochet posted:

What a loving turd

That's no way to refer to a beautiful american congresswoman

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oh sorry I thought I was in the MTG thread

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

did Lum work on this game as well

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Seth Edit: Nooner being Nooner!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 27, 2023

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Smugworth posted:

Oh sorry I thought I was in the MTG thread

Can she?

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

bilboner baggins

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I'm going to address the elephant in the room.

Someone wearing a helmet does not determine whether or not they can be strangled.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jelly posted:

Someone wearing a helmet does not determine whether or not they can be strangled.

Maybe it's just me but I want to see their face

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm not surprised this thread is full of noobs who didn't have the skill to hack it so they poo poo talk the game

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I thought it meant Gollum couldn't wear a helmet

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I thought it meant Gollum couldn't wear a helmet

Huh, that's how I read it at first. Maybe they should reword that sentence.

I'm sure they'll get right on it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

People trash a fine game like Lord of the Ring: Gollum but they can't wait to gush about the latest edition of "Link bonks cartoon monsters and solves children's puzzles to save the princess"

What is wrong with gaming journalism these days

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There are no ethics in gaming journalism... I hear.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

If you download the Christkiller DLC Gollum gets a grenade launcher and a silly pair of boots

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jillian poo poo posted:

If you download the Christkiller DLC Gollum gets a grenade launcher and a silly pair of boots

What color the boots?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
WHAT COLOR THE loving BOOTS!?!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Jelly posted:

I was more thinkng budget really and I had seen someone say that. The other reply described pretty well who made this and lol.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Jelly posted:

checkmate westron

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I really should retract my comment because there are a ton of helmets that would prevent a strangling, but if I recall watching the review for this game (and I'm not going to do it again, so if I'm wrong, so be it!) these helmets would not.

Gollum would be helpless against Gondorian Infantry.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ok look, I think I may have been wrong about this whole thing. I had to satiate my curiosity and I couldn't find any close-up shots but I took this still.

The helmet itself does appear to leave the neck unguarded but it looks like there might be some kind of chainmail neck protection hanging down? It looks like it would be pretty cumbersome to deal with.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Smugworth posted:

People trash a fine game like Lord of the Ring: Gollum but they can't wait to gush about the latest edition of "Link bonks cartoon monsters and solves children's puzzles to save the princess"

What is wrong with gaming journalism these days

Lord of the Triangle: Tingle

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jelly posted:

Ok look, I think I may have been wrong about this whole thing. I had to satiate my curiosity and I couldn't find any close-up shots but I took this still.

The helmet itself does appear to leave the neck unguarded but it looks like there might be some kind of chainmail neck protection hanging down? It looks like it would be pretty cumbersome to deal with.

Conehead lookin rear end

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
'strangle it despite the helmet' is what I'd say now, sexily, if i got any action

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
goll um deez nuts :owned:

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Jelly posted:

lol charging the same for this game as for tears of the kingdom

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Huh, that's how I read it at first. Maybe they should reword that sentence.

I'm sure they'll get right on it.

If you think that's bad wait until you see snippets of the lore they paywalled in the 70 USD special edition

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The game is 100% trying to gas light everyone, Gollum can totally strangle orks in helmets.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

deep dish peat moss posted:

Lord of the Ring: Gollum is their 23rd completed game as a studio and they've been doing this for 15 years, but it might be the first game they've made that's not some kind of horny anime thing which explains a lot.

So you’re saying we should wait for the horny Gollum anime DLC and then it’ll be good?

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
the devs must love being humiliated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Lemon fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 27, 2023