Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 27 - He Just Keeps Falling For It

Like it's not that I'm gonna turn down the gift or anything, just I don't really know what to do with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 28 - The Garf Hole

In case you were worried this Yakuza game wasn't stupid enough (complimentary)

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
If I've got my times right then Kazuma's brother would have been recruited by Ronald Reagan's government.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Yakuza plots always seem to get convoluted as gently caress, but this is on an entirely different level. I don't know how Kiryu understands so much of this when he's...Kiryu.

I also wouldn't expect real estate deals to be the main source of conflict in at least two games of a crime drama series, but :shrug:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I'm not convinced he understands at all. He just nods and repeats certain bits to simulate comprehension.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 29 - The Barbie Bus

I cannot believe that truck wound up being important

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Never underestimate politicians' appetite for self-aggrandizement. The National Diet absolutely has a gigantic flat space out front: https://www.google.com/maps/search/japan+diet/@35.6760485,139.7451224,269m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 30 - For A Second

Oh hell yeah we're going to solve a murder that we aren't accused of for once

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 31 - Seven Penises, One Pussy

I usually upload a bunch of these at a time, so I get to an episode like this and I'm like what the gently caress were we talking about

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Honestly the ramblings and belches make for better listening material than anything else, especially as the next game has some slow rear end sections.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Grace shouting in falsetto over his shoulder from the kitchen about "yeah I love it when my pussies are flapped!"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 32 - Sweet Little Baby Hokuto

I missed the liquor descriptions, even if I'll never see the stuff in real life

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Tokyo wasn't nuked no, but it was firebombed into oblivion during a series of raids. The biggest of them in March 1945 killing an estimated 100,000 people in a single night. So by the end of the war it was indeed a scorched wasteland.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 33 - Extrajudicially

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The day we get a red panda smuggling side story is the day Dan unlocks his true powers.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Kazuma Kiryu doesn't kill. Unless it's poachers, then he absolutely will rip them to shreds. So violently that it makes the likes of Shimano look like boy scouts.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 34 - I Win Chair Fight

Do you know how hard it is for local markets to thrive these days?! Show some drat respect

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

It's definitely the desensitized one. I can't name one off the top of my head but I'm sure you've had weirder bits than Kraft Dinner Baby.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Kraft Dinner Baby was comparatively tame compared to some of the poo poo you've come up with during cabaret club. Can't desensitize someone who is already dead inside, I just laugh at it now :).

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 35 - I Hope You Hated It

Haruka, what the poo poo

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

"I'm supposed to deliver this sniper rifle to some guy named George. The address just says 'Clock Tower' though, so I gotta go figure out which one."

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Aw Haruka :( Knowing better than that and then doing it anyway is peak 12 year old though, so I get it.

I actually played one of these games (well, Ishin-- spinoffs count right?) for the first time and now I understand just how much of a crime it is to prevent you from dunking people into the river.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Aw Haruka :( Knowing better than that and then doing it anyway is peak 12 year old though, so I get it.

She does as her father figure would do, whatever it takes to help people in need even if it's not a good idea.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

You've grown a miniature Kiryu.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

She was already foolishly impulsive, as kids are wont. Kiryu met her after she'd run away to the city to find her missing mom. Not that having Kiryu for her dad seems to have moderated her any.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 36 - Harukalso

I see people complain but honestly I like the orphanage segments

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Don't you love the era before quest markers were commonplace, Y3 does

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Tapioca pudding sucks poo poo and has the repulsive texture of vomit, but boba tea is pretty good. The boba are a little chewy but have a nice mild taste that goes well with the sweet tea. It's kinda getting to be everywhere, so I'm sure they'll end up with one in Nova Scotia sooner or later.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 37 - Losing To A Guy Named George

Dude was just going to ice a guy with everyone staring and not even try to hide his identity, you could learn from 47 george

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Danaru posted:

Dude was just going to ice a guy with everyone staring and not even try to hide his identity, you could learn from 47 george

Have you played Freelancer mode? that's basically how 99% of my kills go.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 38 - The Majima Special

JESUS CHRIST

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Oh yes, the part where Y3 takes off the kid gloves, people poo poo on this game but this sequence is mean.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Rikiya really is this game's Shinji. The game really throws a loving gut punch here, just for the sake of punching you in the gut it feels, which is kind of a mean dick move.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Just Winging It posted:

Rikiya really is this game's Shinji. The game really throws a loving gut punch here, just for the sake of punching you in the gut it feels, which is kind of a mean dick move.

You gotta raise the stakes somehow, Mine up until this point has seemed fairly low-key so you might as well have him go instantly to 11 to get Kiryu really angry.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 39 - Somebody Wants To Kick My rear end

Kiryu's acting like Daigo can be anywhere else besides the roof, come on man you know the drill

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 3 Episode 40 - Kazuma Keed You

We even had a sidequest about how Kiryu doesn't speak english, he's got no idea what this dweeb is saying

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Wesker doesn't speak Japanese and Kiryu doesn't understand English, it's a good thing menacing gestures are universally understood

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Mine says he was like an orphan scrabbling in post-war Tokyo, not that he was an orphan in post-war Tokyo. But yeah, he's gone full reddit blaming everyone except himself, anime villain edition.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If you remember, I accidentally started New Game + of Kiwami 2, meaning I have to redo... everything albeit with my good stats, you may also remember one of the side quests involved mahjong. Like previously, I refuse to use a peerless tile, and check this out

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1700611669397762426?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Landing dick-first into a 13 orphans almost makes up for deleting your old save.