Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

'Mirth' doesn't sound like a happy word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Evangelion is for pretentious teenagers who think they're deep thinkers.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The mods knew

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
im gay

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Blade Runner was better than 2049 and it's not even particularly close

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Touching the poop is always living mas

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Whimsy sounds like a happy word

Prescott
May 16, 2023

I’m reading the Bible so I can teach the zombies about Heaven.
Jesus is the Word.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
javascript ruined the internet

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
gently caress hills

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

mailorder bees posted:

javascript ruined the internet

:agreed:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Jesus was a propaganda psy-op campaign invented by Imperial Roman high command with the intention to craft a religious populace of subservient dolts whom could replace and be ruled over easier than those dang uppity rebellious jews.

And it worked a little too well.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

XYZAB posted:

Jesus was a propaganda psy-op campaign invented by Imperial Roman high command with the intention to craft a religious populace of subservient dolts whom could replace and be ruled over easier than those dang uppity rebellious jews.

The bible was literally the original fake news.

Prescott
May 16, 2023

I’m reading the Bible so I can teach the zombies about Heaven.

XYZAB posted:

Oh, you’ve removed all those beams from your eyes, to ask me to remove this beam from mine?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
All indoor malls that haven't been demolished should be subsidized, renovated and prioritize giving new leases to weird poo poo that can't be replaced by an online storefront. Mini-golf, small theaters, etc.

Outdoor "malls" should be banned.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
cars rule bikes drool

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
There's a rather nice hill just outside of my family's farm where one could rest in peace

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Punctuation should go inside quotation marks when it's part of the quoted phrase. Style guides can get hosed.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Nickelback is fine for what they try to do. I think most people who criticise them are intimidated and insecure by the fact the singer is named Chad.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GetDunked posted:

Blade Runner was better than 2049 and it's not even particularly close

There's no way that anyone prefers 2049 more right? Those people don't actually exist.

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
"The Hill you're willing to die on" is a stupid phrase, coined by do-nothing online gobshites who want to portray every inane twitter slapfight as a life or death struggle, so they can feel better about the 11 hours a day they spend doomscrolling.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The music of LMFAO are masterpieces

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Even if the rise of the internet pushed them into the shadows in the early 00s, I think the re-emergence of old-school video arcades (ones that aren't like 90% ticket machines) would bring in a poo poo-ton of business

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Skulker posted:

"The Hill you're willing to die on" is a stupid phrase, coined by do-nothing online gobshites who want to portray every inane twitter slapfight as a life or death struggle, so they can feel better about the 11 hours a day they spend doomscrolling.

No one is stupid enough to think this expression originated with Twitter surely

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

A lot of dog owners are bad at it and should've gotten a lower maintenance pet like a cat instead.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Boobs,
Butts,
Pussy,
And cock.
These are the hills I'll die on.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Anime is for pedophiles, all modern video games are bad, the truth really is usually somewhere in the middle

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Saalkin posted:

The music of LMFAO are masterpieces

I haven’t been angry on the internet in quite a long time but this has my popping a forehead vein. You can’t seriously hold this opinion right???

My hill is that smoking cigarettes is cool. It might not be sensible or healthy, but cool doesn’t make sense, it just is. Suck it healthy lung nerds

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Tattoos are loving ugly

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Covid somehow makes people meaner and/or dumber (not just the isolation)

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Spinz posted:

Covid somehow makes people meaner and/or dumber (not just the isolation)

this is a verboten topic in GBS, Spinz :ohdear:

when it comes to honest discussion of it, anyway

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Charles Frederick Rogers killed JFK.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

“Mount Everest!”

e: he’s just sleeping don’t pee your pants

Henry Lee Mucus fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 28, 2023

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

maybe don't show untagged dead people :eyepop:

it's not a hill I'm willing to die on or anything, just a suggestion

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

sigher posted:

There's no way that anyone prefers 2049 more right? Those people don't actually exist.

I wish :sigh:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Pansexuality is bi erasure

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

All of the dorky examples of why you should use the Oxford comma are being willfully ignorant of the fact that you could just reorder your list to make more sense- just like you would if you were speaking out loud.

It genuinely pisses me off that they try to be quirky about it like "oh tehehe, 'we invited the strippers, jfk and stalin'! Isn't that a hilarious example of why you should use the Oxford comma!"

Hey dumbass: "we invited JFK, Stalin and the strippers". Any potential confusion or ambiguity is the fault of poor sentence construction, not because you didn't use enough commas like a crutch.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

bossy lady posted:

A lot of dog owners are bad at it and should've gotten a lower maintenance pet like a cat instead.

It drove me nuts when I was going to college and I would see my peers get huskies or Australian shepherds to live with them and their roommates in little 600 square foot apartments. They're sentient beings, not a stuffed animal that can just spend all day on your bed for you to squeeze when you get home

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
Stephen Hawking just made poo poo up as he went along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Zelda is just the same game of bonking cartoon monsters and solving children's puzzles to save the princess over and over