Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Wives! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Chrs posted:

It got cancelled because Joss Whedon was going around threatening to do poo poo like this:

https://www.slashfilm.com/1012337/joss-whedons-grim-first-firefly-pitch-was-probably-better-left-unfilmed/

:vince:

Joss to the execs 'So you see, Inara's special power is loving, right? And she's never had to deploy her special power, she's always kept it in reserve. But here, at the End, when poo poo is getting real bad, she fucks them all to death'
licks lips
smiles

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Let's analyze the serenity movie poster for a quick second

Just awful lol it looks like a bad source mod with the Ragdolls posed inhumanely. The explosion in the background could be a sprite for all I know

Like can you just see John Ward dick or whatever his name is going look like you're shooting walking okay shooting now walking

And the dude on the middle just looks confused as no one told him what to do other than stand like you need to take a poo poo with a mad maxed MP-7

The main loving rear end in a top hat on the right just looks disgusted like there's a goatse two degrees right and 6 degrees left that he just can't ubsee

The production value of this thing was loving trash

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 10, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Why didn't you post the poster

Haha it does suck rear end

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
I liked Alan Tudyk's bit with the toy dinosaurs in the first episode. I know it's a deader than dead meme atp but it still makes me smile when I remember it.

Still no desire to watch the series ever again. Should probably sell the DVDs.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
IIRC Star Trek TOS was pitched to NBC as "A Wagon Train To The Stars".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
1) I hate its fans

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

people liked this poo poo lmao?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Why does she have an axe AND a sword?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
They are in spaceships and stuff everyone else has guns why does she have the axe and sword is this another star war

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
its new trendy axe&sword yoga

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
A sword and an axe that seems like a cool rear end thing a barbarian guy in Diablo 2 would be doing but in space?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

there's nothing in the rulebook that says you can't dual wield different weapon types nooner

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The part where Jane shoots his space M4 in space and it makes no noise was cool as poo poo though.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Why dual wield weapons that are for ladies why not dual wield claymores or broadswords like a real man

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

wow, lunk alarm much?

ever heard of a dex build?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Nooner posted:

A sword and an axe that seems like a cool rear end thing a barbarian guy in Diablo 2 would be doing but in space?

bad idea to waste points on two different masteries

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah, slashing weapons AND two weapon fighting!?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
How many spinoffs would Firefly have gotten if it had been successful? That's the real measure of this.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

bad idea to waste points on two different masteries

she was part of a top secret research program that messed up her mind, but did grant her a ton of extra feat and perk points to spend

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

JediTalentAgent posted:

How many spinoffs would Firefly have gotten if it had been successful? That's the real measure of this.

Depends, would Disney have eventually acquired the ip?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nooner posted:

Lol yeah

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Bad Purchase posted:

she was part of a top secret research program that messed up her mind, but did grant her a ton of extra feat feet and perk points to spend

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

get out of my brain

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Milo and POTUS posted:

people liked this poo poo lmao?

I have bad news for you about wiccans in knit hoodies with wireframe glasses, grown out purple hair and cat themed tote bags and their New Balance trainers and Avengers t-shirt wearing, balding primary nesting partners.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Firefly was meh. Hardly worth a single viewing, intolerable on repeat viewing.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

my mom went through a Buffy- and Angel-enjoying phase, but iirc she tried Firefly once and bounced right off of it. she hasn't, as far as I'm aware, sought out any further Jossery.

nowadays she's still a fan of several of the cast members of Buffy and Angel, but I think this series pushed her off the Whedon train for good

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

His name is David BOREanaz because this dude has negative charisma

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
This is a hard thread for reddit returners to swallow I’m sure

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
How DARE all of you besmirch the Serenity and it ragtag crew.

The one thing I did like about the show is that they used to sit together for meals. Not sure why that’s the thing I remember most, but it was a nice touch.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

tango alpha delta posted:

How DARE all of you besmirch the Serenity and it ragtag crew.

The one thing I did like about the show is that they used to sit together for meals. Not sure why that’s the thing I remember most, but it was a nice touch.

Joss is capable of some really good characterization and world building when he steps out of his own rear end in a top hat.

Although who knows how much of the cool stuff like that was actually him or someone else.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

My favourite member of the crew is the hacker, Radical Edward

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I think I like Goemon best, but it's a tight race among these characters. like, Fujiko usually also gets to do some rad poo poo, and if you're tired of Jigen and Lupin, imo, you're tired of life

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Nooner posted:

Lol whats funny is Disney own it now anyway and still refuse to make any more Firefly poo poo.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
They should relaunch it using Chinese based languages and actors

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

China and Disney aren’t exactly on the best of terms

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

oldpainless posted:

China and Disney aren’t exactly on the best of terms

Yeah because the Mulan remake SUUUUUCKED

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Randallteal posted:

Whedon would be gone and forgotten by now if his haters weren't keeping his name alive. People act like he invented putting jokes in action movies. It's ridiculous. He didn't even define the vibe of the MCU. The entire package was already present in Iron Man.

This.

I remember when the live action Cowboy Bebop movie came out. It was obviously very, very bad, but people kept going on and on about how it's bad because of Joss Whedon and his insidious and all-pervasive influence. Oh, this is what JOSS WHEDON has done to CINEMA. Wasn't just random assholes online and on this forum. There were whole-rear end reviews ranting about that.

And no, he had nothing to do with the production, and no, nobody involved changed the concept to make it more like Firefly. It was just trying to capture the original anime's tone of "stylish, and gritty, and quirky, and often glib but also earnest" and failing to get anywhere close. Why? Because it was a live action anime adaptation. Wow, one of those just wasn't good? Better figure out the root cause here, movie scientists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Firefly sucks