Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I enjoy "Star Trek."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Cross-Section posted:

It's what Gene would have wanted

https://twitter.com/Farts_Johnson/status/1145654870080401409?s=20

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

Man I'm jealous you get to see it all for the first time. It only gets better. DS9's first season is good for Trek first seasons but it's also still the worst season of DS9.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The best parts of ds9 season seven are better than season one but man. Some of those s7 episodes are dogs. I don’t think there’s a single ds9 season one episode worse than the one with ezris family. Or the one with the magic sniper rifle.

yeah, season 7 is better than season 1 and maybe tied with season 2, but god drat, it's terrible compared to seasons 3-6.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Atlas Hugged posted:

Surely Morn snoring while drunk counts as a spoken line of dialog.

oh poo poo, when did that happen? is Morn a "Honk Shooooo, Honk Shooooo," or a "Honk Mimimimimimimi, Honk Mimimimimimimi"

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Tom Paris is to hot-shot cool guys what Worf is to a Klingon.

yeah this adds up

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Kate Mulgrew owns. I mean, she's Mrs. Columbo.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

No Dignity posted:

Symbiosis, one of the worst prime directive episodes or the worst prime directive episode?

just a terrible episode in general

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Neelix is honestly mostly OK by me once they write Kes out, but those first three seasons made him the most unlikeable main cast member from any "Trek."

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I wonder how many people still subscribe to the idea that only "Star Trek" that was produced in Roddenberry's lifetime counts.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Picard season 2 was so bad it broke me from buying every "Star Trek" season on physical media. It was so loving bad. I liked a lot of it, in the moment, but it went nowhere, did nothing, and wasted everyone's time. I doubt I'll buy anymore Star Trek outside of "Prodigy" since Paramount won't stream it anywhere.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Timby posted:

Meyer wrote Saavik as half-Romulan and didn't like Curtis's portrayal. He tried to get Alley back, but she was a superstar from Cheers and movies like Look Who's Talking Now, and her salary would have been higher than Shatner's normal $6 million (and he had already taken a pay cut for TUC; both he and Nimoy took pay reductions to help get De Kelley over the $1 million line, as he was already in declining health).

Saavik's a weird character. Huge presence in two of the movies, 3 lines in the most famous one, then never heard from again.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

disaster pastor posted:

My favorite part of the "Saavik in TUC" stuff is how Roddenberry tried to insist that Saavik would never do that and Meyer had to be like "you senile jackass, I'm the one who made her up."

Then Roddenberry had his lawyers call a meeting despite his utter lack of real authority because he didn't think anyone would be racist to Klingons, and Meyer lit him up so hard and so badly in that meeting that he still feels like he went too far.

honestly wish someone had filmed that meeting

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

The Satan Episode is my favorite TAS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Squizzle posted:

star wars got the mandalorian,we got the delorean man