Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

gene would’ve been great on podcasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I just want to know if Riker was a bad cook or if it really was just the eggs.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

that may be the most convincing argument against drugs I’ve ever seen

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I don’t think it’s a good episode but at least it’s not boring

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

disaster pastor posted:

I'm not usually here to defend Voyager, but if you couldn't make it five minutes in but you're watching Enterprise, which is worthless and irredeemable start-to-finish, I actually don't think you gave Voyager a fair shot.

This is pretty harsh to Enterprise, its biggest sin is really recycling old episode concepts which feels exhausting coming at the end of such a long string of shows. I find it way more watchable than Voyager.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Tom Paris is fine the real problem is how they try to frame him as a hot shot cool guy so much early on when he’s just kind of a dweeb

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

show her the one where janeway deletes the wife

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Railing Kill posted:

Fair Haven/Spirit Folk has got to be the worst related pair of eps in VOY, if not the whole franchise.

Needless to say, they are essential viewing.

honestly everything related to them trying to get the voyager crew to have a thing in the holodeck is horrible

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Knormal posted:

My vote for worst Voyager episode goes to the one where Janeway's ancestor hangs out in the midwest on New Year's Eve 1999. Just absolutely a bunch of nothing.

wow I really buried that one in my memory

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Gaz-L posted:

More seriously, I thought she stopped appearing after the one where the Flyer gets stuck under ice or something? There's a subplot where she's injured and apparently one draft had her die, and they... just forgot they changed that in the shooting script?

On our first watch through my girlfriend and I were 100% convinced she was dead and that was why Naomi was always buzzing around and annoying the crew but neither of us could remember it happening.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

if they did that now star trek would be banned from florida

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Frakes gets a lot of coin for his appearance as Chef

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

FuturePastNow posted:

THE BORG IS EVERYWHERE

I don’t want to live in a timeline where the bolian barber didn’t make it

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

As a bald I had honestly never thought about it

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Yeah the original stuff is obviously extremely dated but I find it charming compared to the syfy original level CGI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I’m usually extremely demanding of wanting to see the original effects, warts and all, but they did such a great job with TNG that I can’t really imagine anything else. I have a handful of laserdiscs of TNG, which look fantastic on period appropriate equipment, but the HD version is the one.