Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

W.T. Fits posted:

I disagree; wanting extra, unnecessary time would be illogical.

Incorrect. Allowing extra time for the further release of unwanted aggression is indeed perfectly logical.

HOW many simulations was he running where he offed Neelix? Like, LOTS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
ENT and VOY are both bad. Which one is worse depends on the day.

Neither are anywhere near as bad as Discovery, which is the worst Trek by far.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Fighting Trousers posted:

Chakotay is a big slab of nothing

His ability to summon a pan flute is second to none though.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Disappearing without a trace is very messiah-ish

SISKO WILL RETURN

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

dr_rat posted:

Dude, It's been twenty four years, I don't think he's coming back.

:(

Yes but what about Jesus how long has it been now?

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Powered Descent posted:

Time's Arrow completely ignored the race issue. To pick the biggest example, no one in 1893 saw anything unusual about Guinan being an upper-class socialite, rubbing elbows with the literary elite.

Because it wasn't unheard of. Look at Mary Ellen Pleasant, for example.

And it makes sense for Clemens to have been the one hanging out with Guinan since he was very anti-racism.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
I just had a brilliant idea. I don't do audiobooks. Ever. I read books with words using my eyes. But if a publisher got Jerry Hardin to read Mark Twain's books as Mark Twain I WOULD SPEND ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY TO BUY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Also how the episode ends with "Data" very heavily insinuated to actually be Lore what with the contraction and tick, and then it's totally ignored and forgotten.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Taear posted:

It doesn't do that

It most certainly DOES do that. Watch the episode again.

Taear posted:

It doesn't do that, it's EXTREMELY clear it was Data lying on the floor (Lore gave data the tick)

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the very end of the episode. Picard asks "Data" if he's all right, and Data says "Yes sir. I'm fine." with a clear attempt that the contraction be very obvious. Then his face does the tick, which Picard tells him to get rid of.

They closed the episode with the intentional suggestion that Data and Lore were still mixed up.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Angry Salami posted:

I like the theory someone had that Deanna has an accent because she's speaking Federation Standard directly. Lwaxanna's never bothered learning any foreign languages and is speaking her own native language, and the translator doesn't carry over her accent with it translates her.

This is GREAT.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Soul Dentist posted:

The UT only "fixes" incredibly thick accents. Worf's accent is incredibly thick, as is Lwaxana's. Troi's is much easier so the UT doesn't bother

Same goes for O’Brien for that matter.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

I didn't forget it. I own it!

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
He was temporarily assigned to the E as a bridge officer. His code comes along with that assignment.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Phy posted:

Good takes. Nice post.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

I don't know what kind of prank SkyNews is pulling but that's not what was played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zVhvfjuGB0&t=550s

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Der Kyhe posted:

I spent more time than I want to admit first thinking that this actually happened, and then finding evidence that it didn't.

Good journalism from SkyNews for altering their archive footage and putting it to Youtube.

I looked into it further and it looks like the link to the actual footage I found is after everyone assembled. The clip from SkyNews starts as people are still getting there.

So in reality it may actually have been played before the clip I posted starts. But it's such an odd and random choice of music.🤷🏻

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

No Dignity posted:

the most well realised and human species through the whole franchise

RACIST

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Atlas Hugged posted:

I love me some Carol Kane, but that accent they're having her do is just the worst.

She asked to do it. 100% her decision, and they said yes. Probably because they'll let her do whatever she wants because she's Carol Kane.

And I also can't stand the accent. Carol Kane is awesome but the accent is grating and ridiculous.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
DALLAS -- The first model of the USS Enterprise — used in the opening credits of the original “Star Trek” television series — has boldly gone back home, returning to creator Gene Roddenberry's son decades after it went missing.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/long-lost-uss-enterprise-model-returned-star-trek-109386944

quote:

“This is not going home to adorn my shelves," Roddenberry said. “This is going to get restored and we’re working on ways to get it out so the public can see it and my hope is that it will land in a museum somewhere.”

Good on you, Eugene.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I think what Picard was getting at was more like they probably don't have laws for 2nd degree genocide and they don't have a dozen nigh-omnipotent beings to serve as a jury. The scope of his actions and levels of power eliminate the possibility of objectivity.

There's also the matter of enforcement.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
I feel really bad for the people getting laid off, but I'm super glad I didn't take that job at PCBS a few years ago.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Gumbo > Jambalaya

yeah I said it fight me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The biggest thing I wish we could have seen in TNG and DS9 is Worfs extended family interacting with each other. I wanna see Kurn make awkward small talk with the Rozhenkos.

Holy poo poo I don't know how I've never thought about this before, but I haven't and now I can't think of anything else.

THIS DEFINITELY SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED