Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

The music during this boss fight is naturally loving hilarious. Not so sure about the guys comment about it never missing though.

e: It's so EVA apparently Megumi Hayashibara does the voice of the mysterious waif creature thing talking to Eggman.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

sonic frontiers pwns

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Really digging the interview studio design!

So nice to see an in-person event again.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
dev couch for Bugsnax

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

The fire damage animation :laffo:

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Bugsnax owns hell yeah

I like a lot of the redesigned UI but I miss the old pronoun badges, I admittedly have weak eyes but I can't remotely read any of them :(

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

hopefully nothing weird happens

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Time keeps accelerating, I swear AGDQ just happened. Hello speedfriends

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
I'm low-key impressed that Mega Man Maker is deemed legal enough to be showcased here.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

FishMcCool posted:

I'm low-key impressed that Mega Man Maker is deemed legal enough to be showcased here.

sega and capcom seem significantly less psychotic than nintendo when it comes to IP protection

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lol this is pretty cute, kinda surprised capcom never went for anything like this with the resurgence of classic mega man

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I kinda wish they explained Mega Man maker a bit, unless they did it during the interview and I missed it.

So far the game seems to include going to the right and shooting

e: okay now they are going left

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

what the gently caress is this

I love it

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Kirby's Adventure is one of my favorite games so this just makes me really happy

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this is just the right kinda energy for an opening day run, dude's killing it

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
That Bubble Bobble stage is awesome.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Okay this is getting kinda crazy now, I'm into it

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

What a cute mod.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

TeaJay posted:

Okay this is getting kinda crazy now, I'm into it

I wasn't really feeling it until the Castlevania level.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

I wasn't really feeling it until the Castlevania level.

Yeah it had a very slow start but the later themed levels are pretty crazy.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
This Metroid level owns

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Ridley looked a lot like Dracula there

e: lol at the escape sequence

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Wait, did they miss the Kaizo incentive? Wow.

Edit: Or did I miss it in the minute that I got up? :argh:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Mega Man Maker was loving awesome. Hell yeah. LET’S GO SGDQ!

e: Sad they missed the incentive, it would’ve been super cool to see. Also missing an incentive this early is going to make the “will they” / “won’t they” discourse at the end of the week even worse than usual!

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 28, 2023

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Cernunnos posted:

This Metroid level owns

The block of Castlevania->Battletoads->Metroid was great and worth the watch.

Also whoops, he got hooked from the stage.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kestral posted:

They missed it by $2000 or so. I think they also missed the incentive in the Sonic Frontiers run. Probably just a bit too ambitious to put two big incentives right at the start? We're at 36k$ total right now, after all.

The Sonic incentive was 6k out of 15k so it was not even close to be met.

e: "Do you want to say something?" *cut*

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm happier missing incentives than just stalling and begging forever. Really sucks for the runners though.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It sucks if they bring a runner there just for the incentive. So I guess don’t do that, but sitting here and trying to be coy about stalling for donations was growing old.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I'm sure it's hard to get the balance between stretch and achievable right on donation incentives, but missing two incentives in the opening hours is not a great way to build hype for your event :doh:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Maybe making your incentives high numbers to begin with isn't a very good idea.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
Based on the tracker (I'm on mobile and it's hard to drill down precisely, so be kind if I'm wrong) it doesn't look like they have ever hit 15k that early. That makes the goal seem almost intentionally unreasonable.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I played a lot of Ring Fit Adventure and I'm really interested to see how someone would speedrun that, and I'm also in for seeing a grown adult play a pilates ring like an accordion

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Pixeltendo posted:

Maybe making your incentives high numbers to begin with isn't a very good idea.

Hungry Squirrel posted:

Based on the tracker (I'm on mobile and it's hard to drill down precisely, so be kind if I'm wrong) it doesn't look like they have ever hit 15k that early. That makes the goal seem almost intentionally unreasonable.

Agreed on both counts, and man, Ring Fit is a bit of a stretch too at $45k. Fingers crossed, I really want to see that one.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Kestral posted:

Haven't been watching (because I'm traveling to it), but I think this being a month early is probably having a noticable impact on the early numbers. There's a lot of "GDQ IS ALREADY HAPPENING??" chatter I'm seeing. This should even out over the week tho

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
F-Zero runner: "This course is mostly about clean driving."

*rams nose of car into the wall, grinds against it for several kilometers at a thousand km/h*

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
Also Memorial Day, and the Indy 500. It's not a weekend where folks are free to watch TV all day.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

yeah, it feels like there is a whole list of things that will make this a rough open for GDQ. I hope the bonus runs get met.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
If your car doesn't explode instantly after passing the finish line in F-Zero, then you clearly were not pushing hard enough. :colbert:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Kestral posted:

Agreed on both counts, and man, Ring Fit is a bit of a stretch too at $45k. Fingers crossed, I really want to see that one.

I really hope they don't beef the very first bonus game. I've got a date I scheduled around the start time for Ring Fit (already a risky proposition, I know, trying to schedule for GDQ runs) and it would be a real bummer if my date's first exposure to GDQ was an incentive not being met.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I forgot how much I loved f-zero x

Also yeah I hope we meet all the bonus game incentives but especially ring fit/rhythm games/blindfolded botw