Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Monroe and Madison seem out of order, but excellent effort. I enjoy seeing these people dead.

So would you consider the first evangelical van Buren of the Dutch Reformed, or Lincoln as a Baptist?

Also jesus christ McKinley maybe put a little effort into your tomb next time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

Monroe and Madison seem out of order, but excellent effort. I enjoy seeing these people dead.

So would you consider the first evangelical van Buren of the Dutch Reformed, or Lincoln as a Baptist?

Also jesus christ McKinley maybe put a little effort into your tomb next time

oh and is that Monroe's ironworks grave gazebo you can see behind Taylor's spire?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Prescott posted:

I am far too new to theological study that I feel timid talking much about it. Quite the guided thought, of course.

Of course the Congregationalists are Puritans by another name, so perhaps they would count. Mind, I'm not sure the evangelical drive would be quite the same back then as now so its probably not a fair way to contextualize this. Mind, I grew up in Christian Reformed central so I mentally equate Calvinists with evangelicals, but that is a modern perception.

quote:

It is!

Cool, a brace of dead presidents!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Jabberlock posted:

the same cemetary also houses Jefferson Davis

So Richmond?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

whoa, so Grant really is buried in Grant's tomb

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Grevling posted:

Did Ulysses S. Grant never say anything cool?

"Want a snort of this hooch?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

thread's good OP