Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
RIP that one, messed with space-time vortexes and died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Re roll!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ok well mutant didnt work lets roll a True Kin

Its go time.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

immediately we take stock of our current inventory and its good. I accidentally use the love injector on myself

we talk to the Zealot and agree that a pilgrimage is in our future

We gather the quests in town and even share water with Mehmet though he doesnt join us the nerd. We reach the graveyard to pay respects before our long trek across the salt desert

We make a note to for sure get this

the first of many

We watch a centipede stare us down while a crocodile loses a fight to a glowpad

we find books. Books! We father them and read a few.

We open the tome that is the 4000000 Particles

ok

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 1, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

We just eat whatever i guess idk. That leaf deffo came from that croc fight though
The ruins have nothing more than the two bookshelves so we move on towards The Sixth Day Stilt

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

that was exactly the kind of Space-Time Vortex death I was expecting!

now we just have to watch out for the traditional brawler death: punching something you have no business punching

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

we begin a long journey to The Sixth Day Stilt

'par·​a·​sang ˈper-ə-ˌsaŋ ˈpa-rə- : any of various Persian units of distance. especially : an ancient unit of about four miles (six kilometers)"

we have our first major trek. This is like the Zealot said; a pilgrimage

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Salt.

Salt.

Salt everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTbUTavJDdc (listen)

Its in my hands. My nails. My being.

The Sun The Sun The Sun. Bright? Illumination? These words do not describe the way the salt shines.

I want to die out here but I cant. The Salt makes you walk. I was told there were jungles.

If that is true why am I here?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The Lost mechanic. it sucks but Qud is huge so oh well.

Combat begins.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
These ... people have guns. I have no levels so i dont have charge which really sucks

this dude is also just chillin here

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i keep trying to smash a jeff vandameer book into my comp for some dlc but it dosnt work :c

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jun 1, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

fuuuck youuuu

ludicrous damage lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

things are not going well.

If We can snag one of the rifles though..

I hate The Salt. I hate them.

uh he's not fuckin around

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

i crave credits,.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

We come across a group of pariahs and possibly a bug?

we talkk to bigman

we trade some knowledge of areas and gain a skill

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
After talking to Bigman Blowgunner we pop over to a hatch near them and drop down a Z level. Caves! we entered a cave! like in the title of the game!

We come across a pretty little underground garden and a Statue of Resheph

we boogie out though cuz something is shooting at the fish which means it'll soon be shooting at us. We continue our trek to the Stilt and come across some more ruins.
The walls are made of brinestalk giving the feel that these are theoretically recent abandonment. There are arc sconces still lit so we tread lightly but there is nothing more than a few spiders residing here.

While moving north we become complacent and it IMMEDIATELY bites us in the rear end

We're covered in fungal spores our skin is itchy and we have two cultists and two dawngliders far too near us

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

the fight goes bad fast! we're reduced to 40% HP and have to run. Apparently though one of the glow crows was a legendary and is NOT taking being jumped by the dawngliders well.
I probably should have put a few points into agility...

More glow wights join the chase of a hobbled man across the desert

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
voted 5, Seymour gave us the authentic qud experience

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
We run a few more yards and stop.

We throw our poison grenade that i forgot was in the inventory.

Targeting the closest cultist we let it loose!

well poo poo

The grenade misses and its not my fault.
We continue to run. We run until we've recovered some HP and even managed to split the two cultists following us up by a dozen yards. We make an effort to kill one.

really should have put points into agility

In our first real combat we almost get pasted immediately, had to run several screens from enemies while being chased by said enemies and almost lost a fight against a stunned person.
Not too bad tbh

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

we take that rear end in a top hat's mask cuz its cool and I need the DV

Resting until healed we then return to the overmap and continue this goddawful walk to the Stilt.

I completely forget about my fungal infection and now i have crunchy glowy fungus on my hand which i need to punch things to dust >:c

But we get a source of good mushrooms! These will regrow periodically so we munch down on our finger fungus.

this kinda helps us not being able to equip a loving torch now which is not cool but i have a few ideas.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

we did it!

one screen of the loving idk 6-7 more? this place is pretty big

we head over and talk to this man he's pretty cool. We trade some history about Resheph and we get a fat chunk of XP for it! Dunno what kind of poet was loved by both snapjaws and Cthulhu poo poo but whatever!

afterwards we look for the Warden so we can get the scoop on the place and the second we wake her from her slumber (i'm loving busy wake up) she teleports to her post which was pretty cool

we comment on the amount of people. More than we've seen since leaving the Arcology

while salt kraken are a one tile monster like everything else they are loving massive. easily the largest creature in the game i think? there is a lot of poo poo i haven't seen though so! but yeah its a dang ol giant squid on sand or something im not really sure

We eat my favorite named food in the game

when im mad stoned and make chicken fingers i say "time for some hot n spiny"

Meal effects! Eating cooked food or cooking your own in this game can give MASSIVE bonuses. Anything from some extra HP to literally changing who you are. Eat some food and become a mole man or not idk im not ur dad. yet.

:patriot:

We're searching for the Gutsmonger aka the cyber bro who might have some stuff we'd like to implant.

Walking one screen to the right we check the first sign and

Ay!

lets see what they have

I dont want to know what the knife was and is for
also corrected vision! they have glasses. ya know what Seymour needed TO NOT ONLY SEE SIX FEET IN FRONT OF ME

REALLY DUDE

loving whatever we move back and go inside the cathedral

Upon entering the Cathedral the first entity we meet is
The Librarian

The Librarian is awesome and where you can turn books in for XP!

That was 4 books. When you have like 70 its very gratifying to turn them in

I kinda forgot i had leveled up this much so we do the dang thing. We pick up some absolutely necessary skills that if i picked up last night i wouldnt have been almost murdered in the loving desert

we also use our one attribute point to put Strength at 29 since i gained an auto point in agility :> thus making me probably like 66% chance to miss an attack but thats why i always have Bludgeon

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

We find some ruins which has a statue of a Sultan
There is also a large amount of trash! We rifle through all of it but nothing is found :c

we make our way back through the salt flats and pass one of mt favorite joints.

We'll be back here very soon

We reach... a small detour.

I want to know ho is here and what they don't want me to take

the idiot who cant punch a turtle vs the turtle who keeps hiding their shell

We throttle through it and annihilate the opposition.

a quick munch and we drop a Z level into the site

The first cult member we see is a snapjaw... This might not be too bad.

ah

I like to imagine I'm like as tall as Andre The Giant and I'm just barbarian swinging my hands around

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
A massive murder occurs basically me just bumping snapjaws but! i found a shotgun so thats cool.

We also grab my fav skill ever (not really but i need this)

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

caves of qud

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
my pronouns are fist/fist

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

We go down to floor two and immediately find a blue chest! inside is a light source that goes into the 'floating nearby' slot. It also auto destroys when you unequip it. cuz of the symbiosis and all i suppose.

Rooting around some other items we also find a painted pair of boots which inform of us of the Quarter of Tarvappur. An entry is made into the journal to find it.

you can find a bunch of painted items that will give rep for the various sultan factions. throw them on and you can just stroll in and take everything and leave. I have never done this cuz i like crackin' skulls

While smashing my way through the fence to look at the pretty statue a turret is reveled. It blasts a snapjaw and then catches me. I back up heal and just annihilate a snapjaw warlord and then crush the turret.

i love slam so much. i sent this dude through a fence and he splatted on the statue. when i get stronger ill be sending people through multiple stone walls and also their buddies

turning another corner on the floor i am standing face to face with a slugsnout

these lil dudes can gently caress you up early game

I punch it a few times and it goes down with little issue. We wander around uprooting random seed spitting vines and thirst thistles. We also have great time discovering every loving young ivory. Young Ivory are hidden until you step on them, when they impale you and normally inflict bleed. We also find some trash clues!!

pasting another turret we reach level 8 and grab charging strike

if I can get this goddamn glowcrust off me im thinking of perhaps grabbing and axe and getting dual wield as well. stuns AND limbs and heads getting lopped off

Going down to the third floor a group of snapjaws attempt to jump us

I think the various colored (xX) is the amount of times the attack penetrated? Its not a multihit i know that :x

It doesn't go well for them.

we also find an engraved dagger

And then again i go very stupid and forget there is sound and turn a corner after bashing several snapjaws to bits and run into the legendary that is here

Now her being rated as "average" I believe that means her level is closer to mine or even is mine. A regular snapjaw i think is now rated for my level as "trivial" or "easy"

We duck back into the room we entered into from the second level catching an arrow in the process. But we split the archer into a different room anbd the regular snapjaw is stuck behind the legendary and cant use the swarmer bonus provided.

After an absolute slug fest we come out on top. During the fight Scarugobama backed up swapping spots with the other two snapjaws but they got their necks snapped in one hit each so not the best plan.

We rummage through the several corpses blocking the door being closed and find some decent swag

new pistol description?

We equip the pistol since we have a couple dozen slugs from dismantling turrets and having any ranged attack in this game is an absolutely huge deal. There is A LOT of things you do NOT want near you. Like immediate run ending poo poo.
We also strap the beehive to out back but i loving forget it doesnt ask if you want to kill your firefly and well thats gone now and i feel bad

genuinly glad it doesnt say 'mote of life' :(

Whatever we're a cybernetic enhanced dude with all this cool poo poo

pictured: nothing special in any way also im mad i forgot the throw the chair at Scarugobama

A couple of statues fill a room

One of my favorite things in Qud is when someone is assassinated over either the concept of a type of thought or this guy being pissed off you cant roll dice anymore

Wandering on a snapkjaw shotgunner peppers us with several rounds of shot but it does little and they're far to distant to actually affect us. We stand all cool style in our chainmail (i found some better armor) and wait for them to rush us in melee and well they got punched to death.
Afterwards we see a glass wall jutting from a path in a wall. I follow the glass smashing all of it and then come across a semi hidden Becoming Nook. We know these very well. We can use them to install or remove cybernetic implants. should even be a few credits laying about.

Very grateful that the shifting rocks annd merely filled the empty area and pushed the equipment rack around. Also that snapjaws dont know what these machines are or are for. Yet at least.

also the sprites for the Nook and Rack are reversed? i have no mods or anything so im a little confused but hey its CoQ who cares

We dont find any credits and we havent quite identified the implant we found on the rack. I risk breaking it cuz im curious and also have no patience.

I'm not opposed to this. If i can get some good cash sources I can start hoarding stims. Now more often than not i teleport into an even worse situation with even less avenues of escape but thems the breaks.

I'm VERY into the Inflatable Axons. Thats a decent burst of speed related to actions not so much movement. I think. Is MS the only movement modifier? We'll find out.

Trying to finish this goddamn floor we come across some dudes stuck behind a fence. Imo these guys could be hanging out with other snapjaws a little earlier. I've never been sacred by these dudes but hey watch me die because of course.

I smash a couple more fences.

lol when i hit i HIT. This is really a pretty decent slow run so far. I'm really hoping i can find some new hands sooner than usual.
A dinky lil snapjaw archer and a snapjaw are all thats left and we go down to the final floor

the current time here doesnt matter i just wanted to post the sun clock its very cool

There isn't a whole lot going on a few random snapjaws and then a slime but a snapjaw that throws nets catches ,me!

u hosed up bro. this was thrown btw

We take the nets because some thrown items can be absurdly clutch. I also take my chair back

We auto explore popping a few dorks here and there (mostly here) because well a snapjaw sultan site isnt always particularly dangerous.

I only got this shot when i realized what i was punching wasnt dying right away. Now i didnt want to kill the main guy but purple chest and artifact sooo

50% of the time something dies instantly ah ha haha haHA AHAHAHAHA . im pretty sure.

We sprint upstairs a bevy of ideas in our head it's coming to fruition. We just need these goddamn fungus off us

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i need to get the glowcrust off so i can use my spiked gauntlets which makes anything that can bleed or leak (robutts) die faster. Also I can't hold my Sword Of Mars once owned by Attila The Hun.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The fresh salted air is a welcome change from that stagnate hyena hole.

We approach the Rusted Archways and nothing here will affect us. We know of this place and we have a mission.

not really ever worried about them

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
after murdering dozens of scorpions and other trash poo poo we gently caress up bad

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

I die to turrets a lot because I am dumb.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
never said i died

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
20000 years later in bethesda susa a tap on a cryogenic chamber makes you glance over to see carved in the rime with an unsteady finger from within "i lived bitches"

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

verbal enema posted:

nothing here will affect us

This is a spell that causes turrets to appear and affect you.

btw quickness does affect movespeed, unless I've missed a really radical change to the game's core mechanics. Quickness is just how fast your turns are. Like (probable oversimplification incoming) at 120 quickness you take 1.2 times as many turns as every regular-quickness person in the world, basically getting a free bonus turn every five turns. This applies multiplicatively with movespeed because you can move at 1.whatever times the speed of every normal human on all of your turns including the bonus turns you get for having high quickness. Quickness bonuses are loving insanely good

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Unormal posted:

20000 years later in bethesda susa a tap on a cryogenic chamber makes you glance over to see carved in the rime with an unsteady finger from within "i lived bitches"

"sehctib devil I"

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
You know, one bit of speculation I heard was that the seven-day-stilt was actually an oil rig. It'd make some sense if so, but still raise a bunch of questions.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

NewMars posted:

You know, one bit of speculation I heard was that the seven-day-stilt was actually an oil rig. It'd make some sense if so, but still raise a bunch of questions.

i could possibly see that

just worked 9-9 so im not sure if i'll get an update in tonight. gonna see how i feel after a drink and some pot

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
so last update ending with me riddled full of bullets. it happened the second i turned a corner so I popped back around that and ran a few tiles and healed up.

Now I was pretty drunk last night so the fact I escaped at all is astounding. I don't think I've ever died while playing this game sober. I don't know if I ever have tbh. Anywhoo

I dont remember if the door next to me is the one I ran away from or if it is a different area of the 3rd floor

I open it and blindly walk in

I really should have seen that coming

We repeat the process we did last night and try something new. I open the door and hurl a torch in followed quickly by a freeze grenade mk1. It works! I charged the frozen illuminated chaingun turret and smash the thing beneath my fists. Nothing of any real note is found in the chests. I do find a couple hundred lead slugs on the ground so I'm not hurting for pistol ammo anymore. While organizing the inventory a bit tossing out trash weapons i picked up somehow. I notice an unidentified artifact and it turns out to be a comnpass bracelet. Hell yeah 10% reduction to getting lost

Level Four starts off looking promising. I'm purple because i'm on the stairs that go back up and i always keep them highlighted. We wander cautiously.

this is why we're careful. Something, maybe me, just alerted a sentry

We do not enter the gate. We walk away quickly.

one day imma beat this game and then i can read ALL the lore

We find a force bracelet which is a bvery good find. We have a few energy cells and even an "emergency" fidget cell on my wrist. This will greatly improve surviving in some places coming up.

And thats it. I mixed up the bottom the the Rust Archway with a different place in the game so this was a little pointless for XP but not bad at all for loot

The relations between entities can be complicated. Also that would be a REALLY good map to find

So the journey to Kyakukya begins since I need to buy a very expensive but extremely necessary book

We immediately lose our way and have to proceed through some canyons during this

animals loving LOVE killing dogs. guess dogs cant be trusted?

horse.I'm pretty sure if you fight one of these you fight all of them and it never goes well so don't do it

While hanging with the horses this wretched creature appears. Something else might be here too...

gently caress off!

I assume there might be a small gang of Templar around here. I ready myself

Wuss get a forcefield bracelet

blasting away with my lil snubnose we take the bitch down

Ok its time to figure out what is going on here

ah

oh

This is extremely bad. I saw some mind blast happening during my first horse meeting when we smashed some turtles but this. This is gonna do like 15 damage then like a 95 top off at end of cool. I HAVE TO RUN AND RUN loving NOW

We do run away and it was actually a lil close most of the horses burned to death cuz the arconaut mind slave had grenades lmao. i ran but trust me i looked VERY cool

no no i would not rn i need to get to Kyakukya i need to rest

We run out of water like 5-6 parasangs away from Kyakykya. This is not good. im now also lost and i really dont want to fight hordes of goatmen. I should have gone back to Joppa. I hope this isnt the last entry. But I hvae to move forwards. I'm so close

I do a panic search of all the items i have. nothing in my possesion will help with my dehydration. i dont have time to laugh but the only contents of my waterskins are

I HAVE TO MOVE

we die alone after attempting a small river crossing. we were so lost we ended up going back to the complete opposite of the mouth of the estuary(??) our arms were eaten and then we died to a frenzy of madpoles.

I didnt want to lose this char i comepletely COMPLETELY forgot about water (live and drink) and well i got so distracted with trying to sang some cyber boosts i never got my recoiler. :X oops

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 4, 2023

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
*Open door*
*See 20 turrets*
*Close door*
is my favorite bit of the Grit Gate level generation. Makes me smile every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im open to any type of character I did my two faves so idk post whatever lets get weird with it