Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The game also never stops spawning books, and they're heavy, at 1 unit per weight each. If you're like me and just carry everything with you every time I just offload them every time I get the chance and I don't think this has ever backfired on me; it's not like it's hard to reach level 40+ in the end anyway.

If you wanted to get that quest item, you could always equip a love injector in your main hand and forcibly inject it into that NPC. If they're in love with you, everything they have costs 0, and it doesn't count as water ritual oath-breaking or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Snake Maze posted:

Dual Wield applies to your natural offhand and any extra hands or hand-like limbs you grow from being a chimera. It does not apply to the hands you grow from the "Multiple Arms" mutation - their attack chance is determined by the level of the mutation.

So for us, only one of our 4 hands benefits from the dual wield tree.

There's no skills that require 4 hands, but you can find two handed weapons (stronger than the one-handed versions but require two open hands), and you can find gear with the random mod "gigantic", which for melee weapons makes them stronger but require twice as many hands to wield, and they stack. So you could, conceivably, have a four-armed character using all four arms to hold a single massive halberd or something.

edit: Oh, I should probably explain what it actually does too. By default, when you attack an enemy you'll always attack with your primary hand, and have a 15% chance of making an additional attack with your offhand. The dual wield skill tree has three skills, which each raise your chance of attacking with your offhand. Getting the first level takes us up to a 35% chance of attacking, maxing it out will bring it all the way up to 75%. The jab skill in the shortblade tree doubles your chance of making offhand attacks with a shortblade - this stacks with dual wield and can take your attack chance over 100%, in which case you'll always attack and have a chance to attack twice.

Mind, there is something of a way to get around this - you can dual-wield two-handed weapons. So long as they're being wielded in a main off-arm (upper) and a multiple arms mutation arm (lower) on the same side, it treats it as being combined together as a weapon used in a main arm, so you can benefit from multiple arms and dual wield perfectly so long as they're two two-handed weapons.

This is a trick you can do with the Helping Hands artifact as well. I've done dual halberd builds like this and it's great.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Curing Glotrot by itself doesn't grow your tongue back, but I'm assuming you've got some ubernostrum regardless.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
If you're not going to use the plants' pronouns you should at least use they/them. :colbert:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Pound-for-pound I think Rimewyks might be the single most dangerous enemy in the game. They still do high damage at even like 60% cold resist. Like obviously there's nastier enemies out there, I just mean for their presence in the intended game progression.
You get used to Ice Frogs being pretty harmless and then this frosty lizard just walks up to you and dumpsters your run.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
You can avoid getting frozen, but Blaze Injectors also give you -50 cold resistance anyway which means that Rimewyk is going to be doing 50% more damage, which is in and of itself pretty nasty if there's multiple.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Snake Maze posted:

A geomagnetic disk! This is probably the best thrown item in the game. As long as it's powered it has infinite range, perfect accuracy, and bounces between multiple targets before returning to the user.

Fair warning on this one: when the game gets its next stable update, this won't be true anymore. It has a maximum initial range now (increased by airfoil.)
Even with this nerf it's probably the best thrown weapon in the game. Geomagnetic disks were just straight busted before.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
If the alchemist is alive, I can never resist popping them with a love injector and just taking every phial they have. Instant free access to one dram of every liquid in the game.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Snapjaws and Baboons can generated with like a dozen legendaries, too. It's less common with snapjaws, though.
In my experience, Baboons is actually the most common, and they're frequently found in hills biomes.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
While the Wardens aren't cops and this is a very unfair comparison, still gently caress cops. Betray the wardens.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Invoke Chaos (non-specific spoilers) makes everyone involved unhappy with you with one exception, and that exception doesn't pay off unless you manage to discover and exploit an incredibly obscure post-game secret. Making use of this secret also requires at least one dram of neutron flux and two or more for best results, which is one of the reasons I always scrutinize the Bey Lah outcomes for that potential reward.

You don't use neutron flux to do the water ritual with that NPC anymore. You use it to get into the area, but you use Warm Static for the ritual now.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Portable walls are your friends for this quest. While it wouldn't have helped in the top-right corner in this instance - they don't always start with resonance grenades - you can delay the templars for quite a while with them. In my most recent playthrough, I (on roleplay mode) save-scummed this quest a couple times and with the proper setup (mostly with the walls keeping them from making their way to the rest of the complext) managed to get a completely harmless attack. No one died, no damage done.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Wow, a Hand-E-Nuke one a 27 ego character? That's probably going for like 12000 water right now.

And for what it's worth, you can turn the green full screen effect on night vision off. It's part of the "turn off full screen filters" option in the options somewhere.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Over 40000 damage and "about half the screen in size".
Hand-e-Nukes basically instantly kill everything.

No really, their damage calculation is 40000+2d6. That's just what they do.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
There's exactly one guaranteed merchant in the game who's at least as high tier of a merchant as Tilly and I think is actually one tier up at 8, but that's part of the game's current endgame and is also explicitly not nearly as easily accessible as Tilly even with reprogrammable recoilers.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
One of the funnier things about Motherfucker's meltdowns is that Precognition was improved not too long after that by adding Drops of Nectar and Brain Brine to the Eater's Nectar Injector roulette and they just dropped the game and never came back because one small change convinced them that the game was going to go the way of DCSS.

Truly a stupid motherfucker.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

silentsnack posted:

I don't think there's a unique saadclone, they spawn rarely in underground ruins so you can theoretically find multiple clones in a run

There's actually a very interesting distinction between Saad Amus and his Clones, which are otherwise completely identical minus the Flume-Flier:
Saad Amus himself counts a True Kin, so you can put cybernetics in him if you dominate him.
Saad Amus Clones are Mutated Humans, so they can get mutations.

I did a full playthrough after dominating Saad Amus permanently back before the True Kin change happened, and it's pretty difficult to get a reasonable amount of mutation points on him since he's level 35, so the True Kin version is more effective since credits wedges are easier to get at that point than injectors (or, well, leveling up.) But it is neat that both options are available.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I adore the Tomb. The tomb is a ton of fun to play in and the first time I did was probably one of my favorite roguelike experiences ever. It's a blast.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
There are times when the Shemesh Face is the better pick than the Kesil Face, although most of the time the latter is the better option. There's extremely few reasons to grab the later faces unless they have a mutation boost on them you really, really want.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I've only managed to get the full rewards off Landing Pads once, and it was on a run with a lot of bookbinders and a number of legendary baboon lairs.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Interesting weird note:
You can wear the Still Crystal Chime as armor. It's 7 AV and -4 DV and provides some small bonuses, so it's like a sidegrade to Flawless Crysteel Shardmail.
Of course, the downside to this is that it can get damaged and even get destroyed in the right circumstances, so I recommend against wearing Tau as your clothes. She probably deserves better than that.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I believe you can reroll negative mutations just like positive mutations with Warm Static, although I don't know if that works on True Kin, since I think they're locked to only rerolling their skills.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Yeah everything the lore says about the Seekers is pretty loving bleak. Love to get ego-deathed into a murderous Quisling and eat the minds of my fellow espers. The Sightless Way: not even once

On the other hand, if they like you: free mental mutations, so who's to say if they're good or bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Boat Stuck posted:

Have the developers given a timeline for releasing the Top of the Spindle? Will Louis ever make it to the top?

Game's projected release is next year.

No matter what, I've never been powerful enough to handle more than one chrome pyramid at a time. I'd be amazed to see someone be able to handle more than one.

mdct fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Aug 20, 2023