Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh the plot is going to get so much dumber, I regret watching those cutscenes.
SC1 didn't have that much of a plot but it was good for the time, now you're all going to suffer through WOW in space but less original somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Most pro wrestling matches seem like goddamn Shakespeare in comparison.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm dead serious, they should have fired the writing team and hired Vince McMahon.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

presumably it means that Tychus is always tracked and maybe can be terminated at the press of a button, smells like a shithouse.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Could have also added an alternate fire mode specifically to damage heavy armour: wide arc for biological scrubs and a focused torch for tanks and buildings.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Was it Fallout that started this thing?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:byodood: Hay doctor you may want to work on a cure
:byodame: Well OK
*seconds later*
:byodame: I'm working on a cure now doncha know, I hope it's not needed.

Did she even had the time to start a worksheet or a research proposal or a scrawled napkin?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Considering you're playing a rebellious army in this campaign there was a real missed opportunity to have many more mercs and allied forces or auxiliaries, could have been really cool to have more unique squads join in on a per mission basis.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Like I was lacking in reasons to hate Activision Blizzard.

:mad:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Not good enough.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It is not a subtle plotline.
completely stinks of being written and rewritten until any spark of originality was dulled.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh god, this makes so much sense and also shows the dev team had strange priorities/ bad relationship with the writing team.
Quick compromise idea: Raynor starts with making some small mistakes which get noticed in plot but don't effect the gameplay> Jim finally fucks up majorly in plot leading to a hasty mission to salvage the war effort> Jim confronts his demons> redemption arc.

All that would take is a single mop-up mission, maybe a couple more in a redemptive feel.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

As I said earlier it was entirely possible to have Raynor poo poo the bed somewhere in the mid campaign and have the successive plot be full of "he's making an effort and we've no choice but to stick with but could we ever trust him again?"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Is there no way to extract the text?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

A'int nothing wrong with that: most of us can only dream of being even that important.