Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Isn't that a character in the zerg campaign's origins? Isha is said medic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
It's been a while, but I recall my friend watching me play say she didn't like Jim because he's 'patronizing' to Kerrigan. She didn't know how blizzard treated both characters so far, so I didn't have the heart to tell her just how deep the bad writing rabbit hole went.

Though she does think the zerg are 'adorable' and got a zergling plushie for Christmas, so...

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Karia posted:

One of the Carbot zerglings, or the official Blizzard ones that can flip inside out to morph into a baneling?

carbot one. I hadn't seen the official ones, but I'm hesitant to actually give blizzard money.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Shame Naktul is only relevant here. The line read of her BROOOOOODS had me unexpectedly laughing the first time.

Shame that the story is still on the crappy 'twoo wuv' note. My friend made me realize what weirds me out about it is that it's blizzard's patronizing idea of a relationship. Jim's condescending attitude towards the most powerful human in the setting did feel off, even if it wasn't directly disrespectful.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Throwing bodies? Well that's why I play a certain infested commander. King of 'throwing bodies at the problem while napping.'

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Supposedly Izsha is supposed to be some terran woman from one of the starcraft books, but I don't know the details of that. (If it was written before or after heart of the swarm even) It is supposedly Kerrigan's doing nonetheless, so of course she doesn't have the good taste to make her look like Abathur or something.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Plus it gives zerglings little flappy wings. They can't really fly with them, but its adorable.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

FoolyCharged posted:

Dude just fails so hard at comprehending she abhors what he did to her.

I mean, he did the job. Did it so well she kicked every enemy of the swarm's rear end up and down the sector. Very efficient. To him he literally did everything right. And now pain.

Kind of like my blunt mouth as an autistic kid. I'd say something honest and when hands or things are getting thrown at me and I'd just be "BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID WROOONG?!?" :saddumb:

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

WHAT. :stare:

This changes… everything.

This technique is something rather famously used in GiantGrantGames' deathless run of the terran campaign, as he has to cast the ghost's Snipe ability some ridiculous number of times in 6 seconds before the final boss can cast an ability that'll murder him.

It's a good video series in general too if you haven't watched.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Yaoi Gagarin posted:

I really like this line

Me too. He's basically like 'well gently caress I can't beat that. Can't beat them, join them?'

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

disposablewords posted:

Also, hey Stukov, you may be in a terribly stupid game now but you're alright.

I think that's why I end up liking him. His story isn't overwrought by blizzard's attempts at 'lore' and 'corruption'. It's just, "hey, they guy you're fighting hosed me up bad. Please Kill he rear end. I'll help."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Aw, kind of hoped you'd show what happens when you don't immediately attack at the start of this mission. As usual, the rank and file have the most charm out of the entire cast.

Speaking of said cast, woof. This is clearly one of those 'the writers wanted a dramatic moment, and didn't give a single thought to the implications or logic required to get there.'