Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

Thanks for doing the LP! WoL was when I stepped off the Blizzard ride; I didn't remember the ending and don't know anything aside from the very start of the next segment and the very end of the series, very excited to learn what I missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

I got no idea what's coming up, and I'm excited to find out. Kerrigan seems psychotic already.

+1 for the strangeness if the anime punching fight against Zeratul showing up and doing nothing. And lolling at the Dino Zerg (no longer a parasite) instantly evolving. It looks like a wow dragon to my untrained eye, which, Fair, I guess, but nothing about that look really screams Zerg.

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

And the real clincher is that he’s saying that right before the mission where you get… late-stage infested terrans.

Wait, what???

And here I was trying to suss out why she makes a point of 'no human experimentation' in the first place. Like, it's not any more deplorable than anything else she did in the last, I dunno, ten minutes.

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

vyelkin posted:

This is a pretty funny exchange if you remember Kerrigan getting all offended at that Protoss prisoner with her "sure I may massacre refugees but how many Zerg have you killed, hmm?" line

It's funny, but at some level isn't it also just wrong, too? Sure, Zerg drones have no individuality and you'd never spend as long training then up like a terran marine, but surely even the Zerg doesn't have magically infinite resources. The planet might be mostly broken at this stage, but it's still expending biomass that she might want to conserve for the showdown with Mengsk.

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

aniviron posted:

Biomass doesn't really get expended unless it's chemically altered. In the land of reality it slowly gets eaten by microorganisms or plants which use it and get eaten in turn. Even burning doesn't really stop this, ash can be excellent fertilizer. It's not really clear how the zerg do it, but presumably it's a similar but much faster sort of process where old molecules are broken down and glued back together even if it's not necessarily accomplished by things eating things eating things over generations.

I'd say 'getting exploded' would count as being chemically altered (point being that in any sort of 'real' recycling, you lose energy in the process), but fine, I know I'm nitpicking. It's space magic, I'm just wondering what the stakes are if there's no downsides at all to just generating infinite zerglings to throw at the fortress.

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

Wait, did Kerrigan see Amon? Or is this just something that they say she gleaned during the fight?

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

Warmachine posted:

Unrelated to anything, but I used a modification of the birthday problem to do a card trick at a bar and get some free drinks once. Turns out knowing a bit of math is impressive and when applied correctly can even entertain people!

How did you go about it, if you don't mind me asking?

I tried for a while to see if I could concoct a trick using the Monty Hall problem or Bertrand's Box, but didn't quite work out anything satisfactory.

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

M.c.P posted:

I mean yeah if all you have is a liberator or even an auto cannon then the belly is your only option but surely someone brought an EAT or a Quasar and that 2 shots of you line it up on the head right.

Wait hang on these guys don’t have capes.
Thanks, that was my first thought as well :v:

Still learning to hit the head reliably.

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

aniviron posted:

Thanks Bisby, really glad you played this game so I won't ever have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

It's not particularly insightful, but seeing this cinematic I'm just struck by how... Unnecessary it is. Okay sure, she tears through the palace to get her vengeance. But what story beat is served by her becoming incapacitated and needing rescue? Is it the reward for rescuing her true love? But there's never any self-sacrifice to earn it (though I guess they have been trying to sell her zergifying again being that, albeit clumsily. It's not like she doesn't revel in being Queen of the Zerg again).

That is putting aside how idiotic it is for the entire Swarm to forget about the artefact after what happened. Guess that a level 12 psychic isn't enough to suss that out as she personally marches up to Mensk, huh.