Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm are perfectly fine games if you ignore everything Starcraft had previously established.

Never got around the third one, even though I enjoyed Protoss gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Pieces of Peace posted:

WoL's very thin amount of menace applied to Tosh made the eventual requirement to choose between him and Nova have a very unpleasant "sinister criminal black man versus attractive 'noble' white woman" element, especially farcical when they're both former dominion assassins turned against it.

Is Nova also against the Dominion? I thought she was a working agent.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Slaan posted:

Fun fact: according to the Blizzard StarCraft world building bible, "Tel'darim" means "Orphanage for at-risk youth." :eng101:

:thunk:

Are we fighting protoss street urchins?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I like Horner and Tosh. :shrug:

SirSamVimes posted:

Each game has one character worthy of being a favourite, and none of them are the main protagonists. Tychus, Abathur, and Alarak.

Thankfully all of them are playable (and very fun) in Heroes of the Storm.

Abathur is the best character in all of SC2.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
They could set the next Starcraft 40000 years later.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I read you... Sir.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Time to do Haven building only battlecruisers.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Why is Hanson not here?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Poil posted:

But since we have collected these artifacts that can somehow save Kerrigan we should be able to use that to save everyone else who also got infested no problem. :)

One-use only.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

PurpleXVI posted:

I just want to point out that so far, the only infested anythings we've seen that feel like they look reasonably non-weird and retain most of their pre-infestation appearance are Kerrigan and Hanson, which gives a certain vibe of "infested boobs? we gotta make sure those stay intact" to Blizzard's story choices.

"Infested" Duran and Infested Stukov remained identifiable, too.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 5, 2023

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

MiddleOne posted:

HoTS must have one of the most forgettable single player campaigns ever. I played through it on brutal and yet I only remember a few of the absolute dumbest plot points.

The advisors were good. Particularly my boy Abathur :3:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Title drop.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Kerrigan should have just called the eagles.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Valerian is reading this LP.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Abathur is the greatest. :allears:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Karia posted:

Now I don't avoid the Zerg, Matt. But I do deny them my essence!

lol

I didn't remember Abathur being so obsessed with essence. I think that you probably need to see and hear him in motion to really appreciate him, though.

For instance, I think that in the "I'll make your arm better" scene he actually sloshes forward and then recoils after Kerrigan snaps back.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

This is exactly when I fell in love with Abathur. :allears:

His voice as he repeats "unacceptable!" is filled with emotion even in his robotic inflection.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

aniviron posted:

Genuinely more invested in wanting to know what this thing is than whatever is going on with the plot.

Edit: Oh, it was Dehaka. That guy sucks.

wologar fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Grammarchist posted:

It turns out the one thing I consistently remember about this campaign is Abathur withdrawing with both hands up every time Kerrigan gets mad. It also kinda looks like he just received a surprise birthday gift and he's sincerely happy about it.

It reminds him of his youth.