Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

disposablewords posted:

We as viewers/players also know that Tychus's suit of power armor was made to be his "prison" carried with him wherever he goes, thanks to the opening cutscene. It's pretty safe to guess that he isn't being punished by being made permanently strong and sturdy, so something must be up about the suit itself other than being welded shut.

I assume he would like out of it eventually to do things like bathe, have sex, feel the sun, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I played sc2 custom maps all day to kill time during covid and I definitely felt like I missed the crest of the wave in comparison to wc3 custom maps at their peak. It was almost entirely direct strike when I was on

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

V. Illych L. posted:

wc3 custom maps were great, there was a lot of really intense effort that went into them

They were until it became 90% dota

FoolyCharged posted:

Sc2 had an algorithm that got gamed, and the first couple of maps released dominated it for the entirety of its life. It was always almost entirely desert strike.

That makes me feel a little better at least

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I'm guessing its explained by mitochondria being the powerhouse of the cell, or something like that

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Torchlighter posted:

I would never blame anyone for previously quitting SC2 without trying the Arcade, especially early in the life cycle, from the outset it was loving rough. Blizzard released it too early and well, with Blizzard's whole 'we own everything' clause it was never going to be quite as popular as old WC3 maps. There's a teeming community now with plenty of old WC3 map equivalents and a bunch of gamemodes that show up, and with a bunch of new custom campaign stuff and SC2 being free it's arguably a diamond in the rough or throwback to a much earlier time in gaming, but you have to interact with :blizz: general chat and well... :blizz: in general.

Blizz chat was half the reason I quit again. Its kind of obtuse to find the block/mute button for an individual, and there were a lot of annoying people

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

mr_stibbons posted:

Finding decade old internet articles is a nightmare, but I recall back at launch there were statistics released that about half of the people who bought starcraft 2 on launch never played a single game of multiplayer, and the active multiplayer community was less than 10%. Now, stats are deceptive, a fair amount of pepole probably dropped the game pretty quickly, things may have changed since 2013, but it is fair to say that multiplayer is niche compared to campaign.

I didnt buy on launch (borrowed from a neighbor when he wasn't playing) but I immediately went straight to custom games to relive my WC3 days and never touched the campaign or normal multi. When I downloaded it again during covid I did the same thing. The entire campaign and story is honestly new to me.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Poil posted:

Ah, yes. That black cross on a white/gray background. Now where have I seen that before?

:thunk:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

NewMars posted:

At least the ghost thing is consistent in being utterly useless outfits. In a moment of hilarity, the spandex covers more than the SC1 suits did.

They got like a tabard.. bandolier.. thing... jeans and boots. And nothing over their arms.
1st looks like some old John blanche 40k/necromunda artwork

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Octatonic posted:

There are the same number of essences as Pokémon. 1015

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

No, it is just a convenient carapace ledge

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

gohuskies posted:

All those missions we spent in WoL turning Kerrigan into a human feel like a super productive way to have spent our time now that she's been turned right back into the Queen of Blades again!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Master tactician at work here

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

so has there been any news on Jimmy's whereabouts during all of this? he's presumably being held captive and tortured right?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

MagusofStars posted:

The worst one of these that I'm familiar with is Trantor from Asimov's fiction series. The entire 200 million square kilometer world is developed with a population of 40 billion on the world. No doubt "40 billion residents" sounded like an unbelievably huge number back in the 1940's, but then when you actually work out the math of the entire planet being developed/occupied, that works out to a population density of something like one person every 200 square kilometers.

Applied to Earth, that's the equivalent of the entirety of New York City having a grand total of four residents.
The earth is 510 million sq km, with about 148 million sq km being land. The population density of earth currently is like 58 people/sq km, and the population density of this 40 billion people world would be 200 people/sq km. I don't think his scale is off for "crowded planet".

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

So what's up with Jim again?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

it's neat they feed them well and provide a full gym

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

They used to squirt squirt and enemies would hurt hurt