Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

finally landing the big gbs promotion after the quarterly review

with these kind of metrics the board expects great things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

NoiseAnnoys posted:

sex freak would be a promotion

It worked for Prince

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

leave a sign ... something witchy

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

imminent beating to a pulp

Bad Purchase posted:

op, it is said all artists have a muse

who or what is yours?

That's a tough question to answer for me- I don't know.
Maybe it varies, but the desire to be good at art is a primary motivation.

I also just love the idea of showing people places, occurrences, beings, and other things that they might not get a chance to see in life.

When I was asked why I write, I said that it was because I was unable to travel in reality, so writing was my way to see this world and others- I suppose the same is true for my visual art- much of it depicts otherworldly landscapes, happenings and beings.

As for my music, I suppose that DeathGrind, Punk, Death Metal, Doom Metal, Grindcore, Gospel, Jazz and Powerviolence sonically inspire me.

I use these influences to create music that is powerful and whole (as opposed to wholesome).

My first official album is a tribute to God.

Ever since I made it, music feels like a call that I must always answer.

To put it succinctly:

God is my muse.

Allow me to share a couple of stories with you that might double as both proof of God and the reason for my answer:

Story 1:

I prayed to God for a sign telling me whether or not it's okay to smoke weed or do drugs at all.

I sometimes get what I imagine are signs from God by checking the time, so I checked a clock.

It was 4:20.

Story 2:

I wrote a song containing these lyrics:

"Ancient ritual brought me to life

Parents left me to my own device

Needed advice, so I turned to God

Saw a face in the sky givin' a wink and nod"

To me, that was God giving me the go-ahead to make music.

Afterwards, I created an EP as a tribute to God that I also named after him.

I needed cover art for it, so I typed "God" (and nothing else) into the text box on the Craiyon website and had it use that as the basis for the picture.

For those of you who don't know, Craiyon is an AI image generator that creates pictures based on the text you enter.

It generated this image.

Note the eye.

Here's a link to the song for anyone curious as to how it sounds.

Here's a song called Angelfire that I hope will be the start of a genre.

Here's [url="https://open.spotify.com/track/5vCKAtp4yjqqHDQP49BtAj?si=yO5XHE4QQtqbzF6nG7p29Q&utm_source=copy-link"] a song about a conflict that one aims to resolve with the aid of God.

Here's the video I made for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zE3NMw5q1s

And finally, Here's
a song called 7th Heaven. It's supposed to evoke thoughts of divine mystery.

The world is full of people descended from biblical figures, and new stories and legends are being lived and created every day.

Prophecies are coming true.

Life has meaning and we are here to decipher, define and live it.

There are people waiting for me in Heaven that I can hardly wait to see again.

I miss them deeply.

I'll do everything in my power to make sure that I get there to reunite with them.

Prayer, worship, and showing gratitude to God by making good art that serves as testimony of his might and miracles are some ways to do it.

Combining them results in something anyone can enjoy.

Hopefully this combination results in strength for the righteous, hope for the forsaken, and an avenue to Heaven that all can navigate with ease and impunity.

TL;DR: God is my muse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWfAdmSWEL4

Impatient Skype JO fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 3, 2023

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

your muse sucks

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

NoiseAnnoys posted:

your muse sucks
gently caress you.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I enjoyed Jada Pinkett Smith in the film

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u69DywBfLjA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka--_6iV7nI

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
didn't click but liked when you called it your thread

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Impatient Skype JO posted:

I also just love the idea of showing people places, occurrences, beings, and other things that they might not get a chance to see in life.

When I was asked why I write, I said that it was because I was unable to travel in reality, so writing was my way to see this world and others- I suppose the same is true for my visual art- much of it depicts otherworldly landscapes, happenings and beings.

As for my music, I suppose that DeathGrind, Punk, Death Metal, Doom Metal, Grindcore, Gospel, Jazz and Powerviolence sonically inspire me.

I use these influences to create music that is powerful and whole (as opposed to wholesome).

To put it succinctly:

God is my muse.

Allow me to share a couple of stories with you that might double as both proof of God and the reason for my answer:

Story 1:

I prayed to God for a sign telling me whether or not it's okay to smoke weed or do drugs at all.

I sometimes get what I imagine are signs from God by checking the time, so I checked a clock.

Story 2:

I needed cover art for it, so I typed "God" (and nothing else) into the text box on the Craiyon website and had it use that as the basis for the picture.

For those of you who don't know, Craiyon is an AI image generator that creates pictures based on the text you enter.

It generated this image.

Note the eye.

Here's [url="https://open.spotify.com/track/5vCKAtp4yjqqHDQP49BtAj?si=yO5XHE4QQtqbzF6nG7p29Q&utm_source=copy-link"] a song about a conflict that one aims to resolve with the aid of God.

And finally, Here's

The world is full of people descended from biblical figures, and new stories and legends are being lived and created every day.

I miss them deeply.

I'll do everything in my power to make sure that I get there to reunite with them.

Prayer, worship, and showing gratitude to God by making good art that serves as testimony of his might and miracles are some ways to do it.

Hopefully this combination results in strength for the righteous, hope for the forsaken, and an avenue to Heaven that all can navigate with ease and impunity.

didn’t read

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

same

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

that's a lot of text to give the most trite answer possible to 'what's your muse'

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

because of this thread i watched the michael mann movie for the first time. it was good

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

gently caress you.

god don't like you talkin' like that op, you're pretty bad at reading Da Bible.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Collateral is a good movie but it’s no Gremlins

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
drat, movie is cool as hell. Need to schedule a rewatch

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
If it was called Damage it would be a dumber but also more correct, or fitting, title.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Wee posted:

If it was called Damage it would be a dumber but also more correct, or fitting, title.

Damage was going to be the title of the sequel to Collateral but it sadly was never made.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

To put it succinctly:

God is my muse.

Story 1:

Story 2:

It generated this image.

Note the eye.

And finally, Here's

I miss them deeply.

Hmm, interesting 🤔

:gas:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Damage was going to be the title of the sequel to Collateral but it sadly was never made.

The script leaked years ago and it sounded pretty cool, Max extorts Felix into going with him to try and get Detective Fanning resurrected by threatening God. God was supposed to just be a huge explosion and John Goodman's voice.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
In FPS parlance a collateral (or collat) is a kill or series of kills you get when a weapon overpenetrates and kills another player behind the intended target

I've never gotten one of these because I'm bad

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

a huge explosion and John Goodman's voice.

the sequel to the fart that sounded like James earl Jones exclaiming "BLACK"

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

GundamHealer posted:

Too bad this isn’t a thread about the great movie Collateral with Jamie Foxx and Tom Cruise.

Actually let’s talk about Collateral with Jamie Foxx and Tom Cruise.

Doesn’t that movie just whip rear end?

Yeah it rules. Tom cruise may be a big stinky dumb baby but he’s been in some real banger movies. Collateral is probably my favorite of his but edge of tomorrow, eyes wide shut, vanilla sky, basically all the mission impossibles, a few good men, so on and so forth

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I forgot minority report, that movie also rules

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
"Watch out, collateral!"

Ugghhh...(barrel roll away from Collateral)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

git apologist posted:

because of this thread i watched the michael mann movie for the first time. it was good

I haven't watched it yet, but now I know it's a Michael Mann film I will make a point to. I think he is a generally underrated director - he's done some amazing work over the years.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Collateral is dope as hell and I love the washed out color palette of the night scenes. Miami Vice also used camcorder-style footage if I remember correctly.

I always thought it was weird in the dvd extras making-of clips that Mann had Tom Cruise dress like a ups delivery driver and make a delivery to a Starbucks in order to get in character as a professional hit man.

https://youtu.be/Bd4XkV5ojT8

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I haven't watched it yet, but now I know it's a Michael Mann film I will make a point to. I think he is a generally underrated director - he's done some amazing work over the years.

It’s really good. Michael Mann owns

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

To put it succinctly:

God is my muse.

Story 1:

Story 2:

It generated this image.

Note the eye.

And finally, Here's

I miss them deeply.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Know you.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If you could convince Tom Cruise to do dumb poo poo, wouldn't you?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Literally the basis of an entire religion

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
HI i'd like to take out a small loan. How much would you lean on me against my car?

I got a fair credit score

Oh...really? That much huh...

Yeah well your movie sucked anyway.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Yo, homey, is that my briefcase?

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!
I love when in the club scene, character-actor Bruce McGill is shot and he's got a look like "I'm more disappointed than shot."

Or when Javier Bardem coughs in the middle of his monologue.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

NoiseAnnoys posted:

your muse sucks

gently caress you.

This is a good thread.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I didn’t realize the comic was more than one page. If you don’t scroll down it’s a funny 6-panel comic

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

didn't click but liked when you called it your thread

Nigga, shuddup. I made it, it's mine.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Where did God say that he forbids swearing?

Go ahead, I'll wait.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

that's a lot of text to give the most trite answer possible to 'what's your muse'

So fuckin' what?

I don't care if I'm original or not, as long as I'm myself and telling the truth.

BigBadSteve posted:

This is a good thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3d1S5IfCZQ

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

this mfer really just out here keyblading