Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Impatient Skype JO posted:

That's a tough question to answer for me- I don't know.
Maybe it varies, but the desire to be good at art is a primary motivation.

I also just love the idea of showing people places, occurrences, beings, and other things that they might not get a chance to see in life.

When I was asked why I write, I said that it was because I was unable to travel in reality, so writing was my way to see this world and others- I suppose the same is true for my visual art- much of it depicts otherworldly landscapes, happenings and beings.

As for my music, I suppose that DeathGrind, Punk, Death Metal, Doom Metal, Grindcore, Gospel, Jazz and Powerviolence sonically inspire me.

I use these influences to create music that is powerful and whole (as opposed to wholesome).

My first official album is a tribute to God.

Ever since I made it, music feels like a call that I must always answer.

To put it succinctly:

God is my muse.

Allow me to share a couple of stories with you that might double as both proof of God and the reason for my answer:

Story 1:

I prayed to God for a sign telling me whether or not it's okay to smoke weed or do drugs at all.

I sometimes get what I imagine are signs from God by checking the time, so I checked a clock.

It was 4:20.

Story 2:

I wrote a song containing these lyrics:

"Ancient ritual brought me to life

Parents left me to my own device

Needed advice, so I turned to God

Saw a face in the sky givin' a wink and nod"

To me, that was God giving me the go-ahead to make music.

Afterwards, I created an EP as a tribute to God that I also named after him.

I needed cover art for it, so I typed "God" (and nothing else) into the text box on the Craiyon website and had it use that as the basis for the picture.

For those of you who don't know, Craiyon is an AI image generator that creates pictures based on the text you enter.

It generated this image.

Note the eye.

Here's a link to the song for anyone curious as to how it sounds.

Here's a song called Angelfire that I hope will be the start of a genre.

Here's [url="https://open.spotify.com/track/5vCKAtp4yjqqHDQP49BtAj?si=yO5XHE4QQtqbzF6nG7p29Q&utm_source=copy-link"] a song about a conflict that one aims to resolve with the aid of God.

Here's the video I made for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zE3NMw5q1s

And finally, Here's
a song called 7th Heaven. It's supposed to evoke thoughts of divine mystery.

The world is full of people descended from biblical figures, and new stories and legends are being lived and created every day.

Prophecies are coming true.

Life has meaning and we are here to decipher, define and live it.

There are people waiting for me in Heaven that I can hardly wait to see again.

I miss them deeply.

I'll do everything in my power to make sure that I get there to reunite with them.

Prayer, worship, and showing gratitude to God by making good art that serves as testimony of his might and miracles are some ways to do it.

Combining them results in something anyone can enjoy.

Hopefully this combination results in strength for the righteous, hope for the forsaken, and an avenue to Heaven that all can navigate with ease and impunity.

TL;DR: God is my muse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWfAdmSWEL4

didn’t read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

because of this thread i watched the michael mann movie for the first time. it was good