Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I remember assuming that his wall punch was the completion of his character arc and he would be gone from the show after that and I was disappointed when he wasn’t.

It was the completion of his character arc. After that they just made him a good dude whose will-they-won’t-they relationship with Erin I’m going to be on absolute tenterhooks about without any of the actual work on getting him there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Two of the warehouse workers even came back, after they wasted their money trying to invent an energy drink for homosexual Asian men.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The coconut is pretty subtle.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

haljordan posted:

LOL I hope they hired him back but paid him less money.

Yeah! I sure hope that company showed that worker who’s boss.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
I'm in mid 9th season and it's absolutely dreadful. Season 8 was reasonably fun, but this... This is just piss. Michael is gone. Ryan and Kelly are gone. Andy is gone. Robert California, Gabe and Kathy Bates - also gone. Instead that horrible brit woman is there along with the two unfunny fucks Jim Jr and Dwight Jr. I'm having to skip a lot of scenes because they're too cringey. Oh and Pam doing some loving mural for ten episodes now.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I still do not understand the point of the junior salesmen, unless they thought Krasinski and Wilson were both going to leave the show and they needed to recreate the exact same formula with two younger actors. And if that's the case, how many more seasons did they think this show was gonna run?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I think Dwight was a white nationalist

That's one of those things where, like, I don't remember him even interacting with any people of color other than Kelly so I don't want to draw any conclusions, but also it wouldn't surprise me, you know?

Von Pluring posted:

I'm in mid 9th season and it's absolutely dreadful. Season 8 was reasonably fun, but this... This is just piss. Michael is gone. Ryan and Kelly are gone. Andy is gone. Robert California, Gabe and Kathy Bates - also gone. Instead that horrible brit woman is there along with the two unfunny fucks Jim Jr and Dwight Jr. I'm having to skip a lot of scenes because they're too cringey. Oh and Pam doing some loving mural for ten episodes now.

Jim Jr. and Dwight Jr. were incredibly useless, and imho they were too bland to even be annoying. Jim Jr. was just there to be a last-minute chemistry-free love interest for Erin, and the only thing I remember about Dwight Jr. is that Dwight Sr. more or less whored him out to Jan.

Catherine Tate deserved better.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

A Fancy Hat posted:

I still do not understand the point of the junior salesmen, unless they thought Krasinski and Wilson were both going to leave the show and they needed to recreate the exact same formula with two younger actors. And if that's the case, how many more seasons did they think this show was gonna run?

They were pushing a spin-off for Dwight with the farm episode, but they didn’t pick it up.

The spin off wouldn’t have had Mose at all though

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
DocEvil would take any gig he could get after a degrading showing at the notorious egg-eating event, I guess

naem
May 29, 2011

the schrute family are caricatures of rural midwesterners, Mose is vaguely amish

Dwight does make this comment https://youtu.be/OvRy3HI61-g?si=g4hthq3EIKtGzix-

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
In a season 9 episode Badger from Breaking Bad showed up as Mose's brother. He's a much better and funnier actor.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

naem posted:

the schrute family are caricatures of rural midwesterners, Mose is vaguely amish

Dwight does make this comment https://youtu.be/OvRy3HI61-g?si=g4hthq3EIKtGzix-

Wow

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Season 4 episode 2 Dwight says his grandfather moved to Argentina and Dwight couldn’t visit him because his passport was denied by I think some Jewish organization.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Piggy Smalls posted:

Season 4 episode 2 Dwight says his grandfather moved to Argentina and Dwight couldn’t visit him because his passport was denied by I think some Jewish organization.
By none other than The Shoah Foundation.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Zugzwang posted:

DocEvil would take any gig he could get after a degrading showing at the notorious egg-eating event, I guess

Lol being an early adopter of Twitter didn’t earn him the respect he was expecting. On the flip side Dr. David Thorpe Sends Pitbull to Alaska ended up being charming & heartwarming. https://www.somethingawful.com/twitter-tuesday/thorpe-meets-pitbull/1/

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Lol being an early adopter of Twitter didn’t earn him the respect he was expecting.
No, instead @fart wound up playing second fiddle to Plop.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

What season does it start to suck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Piggy Smalls posted:

What season does it start to suck?

Noticeably? Around season 5. Unforgivably? Around season 7.