Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Charles did not take Jims bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Charles was kind of a dick to Jim for no reason at the picnic with the hardly working poo poo but Charles is still probably better than everyone in that Office anyway so he kind of gets a pass on that one

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Charles was a kiss rear end but he was right about everything in the Scranton branch.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

He does put Kevin as receptionist and make Stanley the productivity guy, while immediately getting on Jim before he did any real bad Jim things, so I think they were trying to make him seem like a bad judge of character guy.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

All of management at Dunder Mifflin is terrible, either completely clueless or totally unfit for the job they're placed into. David Wallace was probably the most competent leader they showed, and even he hired Ryan as a replacement for Jan.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Yeah you can bag on Jim or Andy or Gabe but I'll be damned if I'll sit here and watch you try to rehab Charles

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
Charles was a straight man. He lived in the real world and played by its rules instead of the Office cinematic universe. That was originally David Wallace’s role but even he got sucked in

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

A Fancy Hat posted:

All of management at Dunder Mifflin is terrible, either completely clueless or totally unfit for the job they're placed into. David Wallace was probably the most competent leader they showed, and even he hired Ryan as a replacement for Jan.
Ryan had an MBA!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like how years into the job Ryan seemed to never make a single sale

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

eSports Chaebol posted:

Charles was a straight man. He lived in the real world and played by its rules instead of the Office cinematic universe. That was originally David Wallace’s role but even he got sucked in

Yup, Charles is definitely a kiss-rear end but so is nearly every single manager.

If you walked into an office and a dude was wearing a tuxedo you'd instantly know something was up with him. If your next major interaction was asking him to perform a task, him assuring you he could do it, and then him not doing it? You'd rightfully consider him a pain in the rear end to work with.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

bobjr posted:

I like how years into the job Ryan seemed to never make a single sale

Ryan adding nothing to the office/BJ Novak adding nothing by being in front of the camera is the good, unintentional sort of metacomedy

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

eSports Chaebol posted:

SUCK IT
SUCK IT
SUCK IT

I love Wallace's weird burnout

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah suck it was great

https://vimeo.com/352619424

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Von Pluring posted:

Gabe was just the worst. While he was dating that Kimmy Schmidt receptionist, who thought she was obliged to date her boss, they were playing Wordfeud or something like that, and since he always won he got to choose what movie they were gonna watch together. And he always picked horror movies, which she hated. What a jerk.

But Zach Woods is hilarious and should have been given the boss role after Steve Carrel left. He probably left the show to go do Silicon Valley though so it all worked out.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

How is his kid a ginger. Neither he nor his wife have red hair.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Vegetable posted:

Jim swapped a bunch of kids at the hospital in order to convince Dwight that Mose was a changeling. David Wallace was an unintended victim of this "prank", too.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Adoption?

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

eSports Chaebol posted:

I feel like many characters in the Office started as “the straight man” before they got sucked in and devolved into zany caricatures of themselves: Jim, Ryan, Pam, Oscar, Jan, David, Charles.

naem
May 29, 2011

A Fancy Hat posted:

Jim swapped a bunch of kids at the hospital in order to convince Dwight that Mose was a changeling. David Wallace was an unintended victim of this "prank", too.

Jim doesn’t realize that Mose is an actual changing whose pact with the Deep Ones is what has kept the beet farm so healthy and productive
buy there is a price young Schrute, a price- of PAIN

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
The office was a good show and made me laugh

I too have a boss who is ed helms and he's a real dick

Im not speaking in metaphors he makes me call him easy eddie and tried to molest me for a sack of coffee

The Loin King fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 6, 2023

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Halisnacks posted:

I feel like many characters in the Office started as “the straight man” before they got sucked in and devolved into zany caricatures of themselves: Jim, Ryan, Pam, Oscar, Jan, David, Charles.

How easily we forget william schneider

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
The worst parts of The Office for me is every time Andy is singing. He was a pretty fun character back when he had anger issues, and then they found out that Ed Helms can sort of sing, so they had to constantly write that into the show.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Von Pluring posted:

The worst parts of The Office for me is every time Andy is singing. He was a pretty fun character back when he had anger issues, and then they found out that Ed Helms can sort of sing, so they had to constantly write that into the show.

you're wrong but only because of the one brilliant andy music scene: where he and dwight are trying to out do each other with country roads but then it just turns into them jamming lol.

naem
May 29, 2011

Andy on the episode(s) with Jim and Karen at the other office location was painfully good

his character being so annoying that it drove a Jim and Karen together was done well, we’ve all known someone like that

Andy back in Scranton started strong but as the show broadened into a caricature of itself he got lost in the shuffle a bit

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

The Loin King posted:

How easily we forget william schneider
That guy had a ton of debt

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

you're wrong but only because of the one brilliant andy music scene: where he and dwight are trying to out do each other with country roads but then it just turns into them jamming lol.

Heh, yeah maybe. It would have been okay if he was just singing once in a while, but every other episode? Count me out.

I'm on the Robert California episodes right now during my rewatch, and he's actually a lot of fun. I'm actually enjoying season 8 episodes, wtf

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

The simple brilliance of a con man assuming the name Robert California should not be overlooked.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Von Pluring posted:

Andy singing in pig latin to Pam is one of the best office bits thou

https://youtu.be/KVpIEJVht-8?si=xlEy5UDemLemKVA_&t=2m29s

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I think Dwight was a white nationalist

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I didn't remember this scene, looked it up and drat that's actually funny

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Andy would have been a much better character if his last scene in the show was when he raged at Jim’s cell phone prank and punched a hole through the wall.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Maybe with an appearance near the end of the show in a Legion of Doom situation against Jim, teamed up with Dwight, Roy, Charles Miner, Karen, and that guy Jim bullied in school.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I remember assuming that his wall punch was the completion of his character arc and he would be gone from the show after that and I was disappointed when he wasn’t.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I remember assuming that his wall punch was the completion of his character arc and he would be gone from the show after that and I was disappointed when he wasn’t.

Me too! I thought hey that's a wrap on Ed Helms and then he was in like 12 baker's dozen more episodes

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Then he got rich selling it to the US military. That has some horrifying implications.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

When the warehouse workers hit the lotto, they all won something like $150k a piece (before taxes, I'm pretty sure). Yet they all act as if they'll never have to work another day in their lives.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

haljordan posted:

When the warehouse workers hit the lotto, they all won something like $150k a piece (before taxes, I'm pretty sure). Yet they all act as if they'll never have to work another day in their lives.

To be fair I experienced a similar thing in real life. A guy won $200,000 and told his boss he quit, then a month later he was back because he spent almost all of the money.

I think the initial thrill of "oh my god, that's like 5 years of my salary all at once!" can really mess with you.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

A Fancy Hat posted:

To be fair I experienced a similar thing in real life. A guy won $200,000 and told his boss he quit, then a month later he was back because he spent almost all of the money.

I think the initial thrill of "oh my god, that's like 5 years of my salary all at once!" can really mess with you.

LOL I hope they hired him back but paid him less money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I think Dwight was a white nationalist

Dwight nationalist