Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
plz do not let my request distract anyone from what is probably very rad content (the lore of Diablo, after all, is much better than the games)

e:lmao :synpa: i actually like diablo and will prob get it if it goes on sale at some point next year when im done with the other hundreds of games competing for attention

Popoto fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's up, get clicking

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Popoto posted:

plz do not let my request distract anyone from what is probably very rad content (the lore of Diablo, after all, is much better than the games)

Raise your hand if the fuckin metzen art book from Diablo 1 is still burned into your formative memories

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Popoto posted:

this poo poo is asking for age verification through credit card entry. is there another source?

The cool part is by the virtue of being embedded in that post and viewed though the Awful App, anyone can listen to uncle Lorath wax poetically about the Horadrim without having to flash your ID at him.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
PSA: Remember to walk around and stretch your legs or a blood clot will KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

External Organs posted:

Raise your hand if the fuckin metzen art book from Diablo 1 is still burned into your formative memories

d1, starcraft and warcraft 2 art yeah. those manuals were rad

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Kalli posted:

It's up, get clicking

this is pay to win content I can agree with

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Please be respectful with how you choose to deal with your chicken sandwiches.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

External Organs posted:

Absolutely. The manual art was loving rad: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/misc/Diablo.PDF

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lmao gently caress

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hell yeah im doing this right after finishing work today. Feels good

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Excuse me, I am 42 years old and am drinking a BioSteel zero calorie sports drink.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I am a degenerate Blizzard pay pig

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

I said come in! posted:

ooh poo poo that is a sexy cow.

S Tier Diablo Demon feet

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Hell motherfuckin' yeah.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Diablo IV: A perfect Summer night. You are 39 years old. The year is 2023.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

exquisite tea posted:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

*Diablo IV: A perfect Summer night. You have just ordered KFC. You are 39 years old. The year is 2023.

Jows
May 8, 2002

I feel so seen right now

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Hashy posted:

You all need a day dedicated to torturing cows to get nutrients found in leafy greens?

Cows are horrible people. just the worst. In fact this is all their hell and we're the demons tormenting them. Why do you think farmers have pitchforks, jeez.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

my parents might not care but my kids will make my life hell if i try to pull an all nighter :negative:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

mods plz

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

Kaysette posted:

my parents might not care but my kids will make my life hell if i try to pull an all nighter :negative:

Sounds like tomorrow yous problem

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

yeah it's not better than finger clickin' good, but nothing ever will be and it would be good to have a new title imo

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Jokes on you. I'm MUCH older than 39 and my parents are PISSED.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kaysette posted:

yeah cuz you didn't buy them all copies you greedy gus

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

My bucket is ready.

Herpes
Jul 17, 2001

The Ultimate Showdown
Got me a box full of empty bottles, and a new 12 pack of socks. Lets go!

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I am really struggling to understand some aspects of lucky hit. I understand that at it's core it's a proc coefficient to balance skills that have different frequency of "hits" per cast. For example, whirlwind would have a low lucky hit because the frequency of hits are very high, where as meteor has a high lucky hit because it just hits once each cast. The skills themselves have a lucky hit % and what happens when the lucky hit triggers is dependent on what skills/gear you take.

This is easy to understand if your lucky hit effects is some sort of instantaneous damage or CC. The lucky hit triggers and you get the effect. I am getting very tripped up on lucky hit effects that are not instantaneous.

For example, if I take Ball Lightning as a mastery slot on Sorc, it states, " Lucky Hit: Critical Strikes have up to a 25% chance to spawn ball lightning". How do I interpret this? Anytime I get a lucky hit with any skill, then for some duration of time, alll my critical strikes with any skill will have a 25% chance to summon a ball lightning? But how long does it last? Is it indefinite until it occurs and then the bonus goes away? Is it a set period of time and if so, why does it not tell you how long it lasts?

Furthermore, I know there are ways to modify your luck hit chance with equipment/paragon board, but can you actually modify a lucky hit effect? For example, I can increase the lucky hit rate of chain lightning from 25% to higher with gear/paragon board, but is there anyway to modify that 25% chance to summon a ball lightning on critical strikes? I would think without a way to change that 25%, some lucky hit effects are going to suck. Like Meteor as an enchantment adds, "Lucky Hit: Up to 8% chance to summon a meteor". So not only do you need to land lucky hits, but then there's only an 8% chance on each lucky hit to actually get the effect. If there is no way to increase the 8%, that ability seems rather useless.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Symphoric posted:

Jokes on you. I'm MUCH older than 39 and my parents are PISSED.

I teach in a college so I have school tomorrow, fml

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

greazeball posted:

I teach in a college so I have school tomorrow, fml

cancel that poo poo they gotta play too

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Tell us what course you're teaching and we will help improvise how to integrate Diablo 4 as a learning aid

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Megasabin posted:

I am really struggling to understand some aspects of lucky hit. I understand that at it's core it's a proc coefficient to balance skills that have different frequency of "hits" per cast. For example, whirlwind would have a low lucky hit because the frequency of hits are very high, where as meteor has a high lucky hit because it just hits once each cast. The skills themselves have a lucky hit % and what happens when the lucky hit triggers is dependent on what skills/gear you take.

This is easy to understand if your lucky hit effects is some sort of instantaneous damage or CC. The lucky hit triggers and you get the effect. I am getting very tripped up on lucky hit effects that are not instantaneous.

For example, if I take Ball Lightning as a mastery slot on Sorc, it states, " Lucky Hit: Critical Strikes have up to a 25% chance to spawn ball lightning". How do I interpret this? Anytime I get a lucky hit with any skill, then for some duration of time, alll my critical strikes with any skill will have a 25% chance to summon a ball lightning? But how long does it last? Is it indefinite until it occurs and then the bonus goes away? Is it a set period of time and if so, why does it not tell you how long it lasts?

Furthermore, I know there are ways to modify your luck hit chance with equipment/paragon board, but can you actually modify a lucky hit effect? For example, I can increase the lucky hit rate of chain lightning from 25% to higher with gear/paragon board, but is there anyway to modify that 25% chance to summon a ball lightning on critical strikes? I would think without a way to change that 25%, some lucky hit effects are going to suck. Like Meteor as an enchantment adds, "Lucky Hit: Up to 8% chance to summon a meteor". So not only do you need to land lucky hits, but then there's only an 8% chance on each lucky hit to actually get the effect. If there is no way to increase the 8%, that ability seems rather useless.

I think in your example if your Lucky Hit also crits, there's a 25% chance to get your Thing. So, 3 success rolls essentially - LH, then Crit, then Thing roll. If your LH is 10% and crit is 10% then you would get your Thing 0.1 * 0.1 * 0.25 or overall a 0.25% chance. Or a 1 in 400 chance every "hit" of the cast, which may not be bad if every cast hits about 10 times and you can cast about twice a second.

What's hard for me is that instinctually there's value in maximizing your lucky hit % per second. But while that part of the equation is listed plain in the tooltip, the number of "hits" a spell has, or can generate per second, is something you just have to feel out. If a meteor hits 3 targets and has 50% LH, and I can cast one every 1.2 seconds, is that better or worse than WW hitting those same targets for 1.2 channeled seconds? That depends on the WW pulse rate, which I guess scales off IAS, but maybe not?

yadda yadda and so on

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

smoobles posted:

Tell us what course you're teaching and we will help improvise how to integrate Diablo 4 as a learning aid

I hope it's Religion 101

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
My kid will just have to learn to enjoy tv time.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Ehud posted:

Goon discord: https://discord.gg/QUxqQUpuzh

Goon clan:
- Not making the guild public.
- Name: Goon Squad <GOON>

Initial list of people who you can whisper for invites starting on early access launch:
Solomon#1509
Robomonke#1881
stringless#11492
iii#12957
Delpino#1188
Sulal#1715
Mojo#21911
juicydump#1937
Waroduce#1699
Blaquetooth#1981
LambBear#1602

Could add put Cult of Ythrl <YTHRL> in as the second Guild for when the first inevitably fills up.

Ythrl's Devoted will welcome you to his slimy embrace.
DoctorZero#1841
(more to be added when I can actually login)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doctor Zero posted:

Could add put Cult of Ythrl <YTHRL> in as the second Guild for when the first inevitably fills up.

Ythrl's Devoted will welcome you to his slimy embrace.
DoctorZero#1841
(more to be added when I can actually login)

ty I wondered who was going to do this