Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Yeah DM is a down to Earth and cool dude. He has some heartfelt update vids and I'm happy he's getting more popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Dm is Def the best guy to be getting your updates from if you're not trying to play the game like a part time job. Real chill, not a corpo shill, plays things he likes instead of what he thinks will get views.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hes completely intolerable

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Stux posted:

Booooo hissssss

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I found this to be a concise summary of the upcoming changes. Talks about everything, shows examples on screen, summarizes what the new gameplay loop will look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnOKD_I6vSU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Stux posted:

yeah, agreed

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

i just simply hate video content, which means the current internet loving sucks cause facebook lied to everyone for video pivot and now chat gpt is ruining text

oh well hope s4 is good before i laugh at the canadian price for the expac

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
season 4 changes look good, maybe ill actually play again

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Stux posted:

turn on your monitor

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cerepol posted:

i just simply hate video content, which means the current internet loving sucks cause facebook lied to everyone for video pivot and now chat gpt is ruining text

oh well hope s4 is good before i laugh at the canadian price for the expac

I like video content because I can watch it while halfheartedly performing my job duties.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Kaysette posted:

turn on your monitor

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

DM is hard to stomach if you are not familiar with his content. His tone of voice can be off putting, and looks like a basement dweller.
His earlier videos for D4 were also p far up the click bait scale, and he was in fact pretty transparent about that saying he needed to game the YT algorithm at all times to keep the channel growing.

Apart from all that, his present videos are all pretty grounded and concise when it comes to the delivered information. On top of that he doesn't endlessly drag out the info given like some. It's a youtuber I really did not expect to end up liking.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

DM is a cool dude who's had his life changed for the better by his d4/arpg content blowing up

quote this post when he milkshake ducks

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Stux posted:

I found this to be a concise summary of the upcoming changes. Talks about everything, shows examples on screen, summarizes what the new gameplay loop will look like.

all arpg seasons are either circle seasons or square seasons

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i suppose you could have a triangle or 'pyramid' league but no one has ever tried it

J
Jun 10, 2001

triangles and pyramids would require additional swim lanes and there's no more room in the pool

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

mcbexx posted:

Yeah, why isn't there a section in the loving game launcher?

Oh, you need all the tabs for promoting horse armor and just like stash space, you can't put more text boxes in the launcher (because they need to be loaded for everyone currently running the launcher online).

that would require folks on the team to have common sense and logic, but that is clearly lacking.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ray tracing patch just dropped. I see no difference

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The shadows will be slightly softer and more diffuse the further away they are from the object

It will literally be impossible to notice this outside of screenshots

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

MrMidnight posted:

Ray tracing patch just dropped. I see no difference

For console users, you'll have to enable it first.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I'm not sure what they expected raytracing to do in a world full of darkness

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the game is buttery smooth on series x, not willing to compromise that

(when I pick the game back up in s4)

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

glassyalabolas posted:

For console users, you'll have to enable it first.

Playing on PC, jacked up RT to max. Shadows slightly softer. Success!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The new water reflections look pretty cool but I feel like that swampy area east of Kyovashad is going to be the only place that shows them off

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Until Kurast shows up in the expansion and then every day is swamp day

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Stux posted:

I hate myself for laughing at this

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
This game definitely has some gnarly fights. Makes me glad I worked on my renown so I have a couple more potions.

EDIT: After the campaign what are you supposed to do? Roam the open world and kill world bosses?

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 27, 2024

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Follow the seasonal questline and run that content to improve your robutt. Go to the Spooky Tree and do a lap of bounties to get a Nightmare Dungeon key, run NMDs until your eyes bleed to build glyph xp. Do Content to get materials to fight the uber boss loop. Level up a bit and unlock new World Tiers, push as close to 100 or get there and defeat Uber Lilith for gamer honor. Roam the open world for bounties, world bosses and helltides for materials/loot.

There's an end game, it just depends on how you feel about it after experiencing it for awhile.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Gonna sperg out in PoE for a month, then really looking forward to D4 S4 for a few weeks, into the first real cycle of LE

what a time to be alive

chird
Sep 26, 2004

I think game is available on Xbox GamePass from today. I only played the 20-level beta, now I'm in two minds to dive in now or wait 5 weeks for all the changes.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I would just wait at this point

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Definitely wait.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I mean the game is perfectly playable right now. Good time to play through the campaign! In a month and a half or so, Season 4 starts and things will work differently/better

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I mean the game is perfectly playable right now. Good time to play through the campaign! In a month and a half or so, Season 4 starts and things will work differently/better

I agree with this :shrug:

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

you could go do all the dumb chores the game wants you to do once and then never again in those 5 weeks and not worry about whether your character is good or not, and roll that experience into the next season

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Yeah at least play through the campaign and unlock your horsey along the way.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Downloading now, apparently it released a bit early. I expect I can use the time as an extended beta, try out all the classes, build renown, etc.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

chird posted:

Downloading now, apparently it released a bit early. I expect I can use the time as an extended beta, try out all the classes, build renown, etc.

PC or Xbox? I can't get it to download on PC

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Also able to download on PC through Gamepass. Is pretty seamless compared to the nightmare of getting the EA app to work through Gamepass.
1) Search for Diablo in the Gamepass app. Click on it and it will tell you it needs to install battle.net, and this will happen even if battle.net is already open. Just let it 'install'.
2) Battle.net will want to associate to both a Gamepass account(which will be filled in if you followed step 1) and a battle.net account. Create or login to a battle.net account. Read the notice that says when you link these accounts, they are linked for the next year.
3) The accounts are linked and it will sign into battle.net. Go to Diablo 4 and start downloading.
Edit 1: (Note that I haven't finished downloading the game yet so I'm not certain D4 will start right now, will let you know in a few minutes when the download finishes)
Edit 2: Works fine. Logged in and watching cutscenes now.

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Peachfart posted:

Also able to download on PC through Gamepass. Is pretty seamless compared to the nightmare of getting the EA app to work through Gamepass.
1) Search for Diablo in the Gamepass app. Click on it and it will tell you it needs to install battle.net, and this will happen even if battle.net is already open. Just let it 'install'.
2) Battle.net will want to associate to both a Gamepass account(which will be filled in if you followed step 1) and a battle.net account. Create or login to a battle.net account. Read the notice that says when you link these accounts, they are linked for the next year.
3) The accounts are linked and it will sign into battle.net. Go to Diablo 4 and start downloading.
Edit 1: (Note that I haven't finished downloading the game yet so I'm not certain D4 will start right now, will let you know in a few minutes when the download finishes)
Edit 2: Works fine. Logged in and watching cutscenes now.

Thanks for the help. That is exactly what I did, but it was still giving me an install error in the Windows 11 Xbox App and the game page in the battle.net app was sending me to the regular purchase landing page.

Turns out that account link didn't complete for whatever reason. In case anybody else gets an install error after doing all of the above:

1) Go to battle.net in your web browser and log in
2) Click on your account in the the top-right and go to Account Settings
3) Click on the Connections link in the left side
4) Finish linking your Xbox Network account on that page

After that, the battle.net app should update and you should be able to install straight from that or by clicking install on the Xbox app.