Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

greazeball posted:

I teach in a college so I have school tomorrow, fml

I'm a 40 year old who went back to college, currently on summer break with both kids 10 years and older. I'm going to play d4 all night (all night being until midnight if I'm lucky because I'm an old with a bad heart who can't have caffeine.)

edit - Defective heart page snype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

The younguns just don't give a poo poo about Diablo so they get exams and I'll just exist as a coffee elemental

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

If you make a shortcut for Diablo4.exe and add the -launch option you can open the game

:orks:

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I'm 43 and this is the first diablo game I'll be playing with my son.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm 37 and my son has a PD day tomorrow but I'm getting local pizza not pizza hut, I hope that's ok

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Dysgenesis posted:

50... and same :negative:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's actually mind boggling to me to imagine what kind of different life I'd have had my dad played Diablo 2 back in the day. Go dad's go!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
my son is choosing to wait so it wont distract from work and his bf :)

ARPG is seriously his maxo relaxo genre tho, which is cool, bc I didnt play violent video games around him until he started seeking them out himself. he had none of that Millennial "be me!!!" crap growing up.

he thinks D4 will be better than POE until POE copies whatever few good ideas D4 has.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

wizard2 posted:

he thinks D4 will be better than POE until POE copies whatever few good ideas D4 has.

Twisting Blades needs to be a Melee / Projectile / Duration skill that gives more damage the longer you embed it in the enemy.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
oh yeah also hes confirmed for one "le toucan has arrived" away from a permaban in POE

I am very proud of him always ❤️

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Jesus gently caress it's perfect.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I only played the first beta weekend, any news or consensus on what the broken as gently caress and lovely as hell classes are at launch?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Cyrano4747 posted:

I only played the first beta weekend, any news or consensus on what the broken as gently caress and lovely as hell classes are at launch?

They all seem pretty fine? Summon necro took the biggest nerfs from beta so bone spear variants might be better until it’s (maybe) tweaked back up.

Barb and Druid also start on the slower side but seem fine once investing in

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

I am not 40 and have zero children and the day off tomorrow so :madmax:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Do NOT play the Burgermaster. Eldritch Buns are currently bugged and will crash your instance. His Sacred Sauce system is also really underwhelming even with the additional Horseradish points he gains with each flip.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

*cackles to self* haven't seen any content creators do a Shimmering Slider build yet...it's all mine!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'll gladly pay you next Tuesday for a Horadric Hamburger today!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The class is called the Burgermeister, not the Burgermaster, and it’s a German word for mayor

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So, as someone who hasn't followed the plot of what's going on with DIablo 4, why is Lilith evil? Wasn't her thing "I want to protect Sanctuary"?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

it's diablo day

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mordiceius posted:

So, as someone who hasn't followed the plot of what's going on with DIablo 4, why is Lilith evil? Wasn't her thing "I want to protect Sanctuary"?

demons lie

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

So like... what is her plan?

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Mordiceius posted:

I think she’s morally grey. Good and bad. Perhaps just a misunderstood demon who really really wants to help humanity but do it her less-than-wholesome way?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

I'm 43, told my mom today i couldnt come for dinner tonight cause uh...i'm busy. Tomorrow's lunch then? Sorry, still busy! :derp:
poo poo, that pic is me too :ohdear:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

I think she's just got her crosshairs on Inarius and everyone aligned with him.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Early access is 20 bucks extra?

Woof.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Deki posted:

Early access is 20 bucks extra?

Woof.

Not really, the upsell is pretty fair priced if you include the first season pass, the non-Tyrael-wings, the horse armor, and some other bundled cosmetics.

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 1, 2023

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
the game is not going to be playable today for 90%+ of people

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Blizzard game launch days are always a poo poo show. I'm a masochist so lets goooo.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

InventorOfTrees posted:

the game is not going to be playable today for 90%+ of people

People keep saying this like a mantra (I understand wanting to set your expectations low) but after the first weekend test things worked pretty much fine in OB weekend 2 and the stress test.

You might be in a queue for a while right off the bat tonight but you'll be able to play this weekend.

Like the old-head wisdom is that every WoW launch is going to be a poo poo-show but I've been able to play just fine right at launch for the last like...4 expansions.

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 1, 2023

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Like 13 years ago I used to play D2 with a coworker on our lunch breaks and we called it "Thursdiablo." Sad we fell out of touch

Thinking of them on this Thursdiablo

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I am hyped as gently caress to play my bear/wolf man.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Dysgenesis posted:

I'm 41 and my kids on summer break as of today, will claim the TV before I have a chance to fire it up

:smith:

I've come a long way since running the Pindlebot on D2 to sell the items on eBay for beer money in college.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I've moved twice in the last two months, had my wisdom teeth out last week, am supposed to have dinner with my partners family tonight, and I will still brave demons at some point. 37, feeling it, and still ready to slay.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

VanillaGorilla posted:

People keep saying this like a mantra (I understand wanting to set your expectations low) but after the first weekend test things worked pretty much fine in OB weekend 2 and the stress test.

You might be in a queue for a while right off the bat tonight but you'll be able to play this weekend.

Like the old-head wisdom is that every WoW launch is going to be a poo poo-show but I've been able to play just fine right at launch for the last like...4 expansions.

WoW expansions don't count because they update the game to expansion code literal weeks before launch and smooth things out before everything gets slammed. And usually the game is in a fucky state while that stuff gets patched up.

Overwatch 2 took about four days before it was playable. Most Blizzard launches take several days before they are playable. I have no reason to believe that this one will be any different.

I'd love to be able to play the game today, but I think a lot of people cancelling plans/etc for today are going to find themselves very frustrated.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
I initially thought the servers would be fine since not everyone would be trying to log in at the same time, but after hearing about how many people bought the ultimate edition i now think there will be some queues tonight.

Even my brother and his friend who are super duper casuals both got the ultimate edition. People at work were also talking about buying the deluxe/ultimate.

Expecting a shitshow but if it ends up going smoothly then it will be a nice surprise.

The Ol Spicy Keychain fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 1, 2023

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

InventorOfTrees posted:

WoW expansions don't count because they update the game to expansion code literal weeks before launch and smooth things out before everything gets slammed. And usually the game is in a fucky state while that stuff gets patched up.

Overwatch 2 took about four days before it was playable. Most Blizzard launches take several days before they are playable. I have no reason to believe that this one will be any different.

I'd love to be able to play the game today, but I think a lot of people cancelling plans/etc for today are going to find themselves very frustrated.

It's gonna be how it's gonna be. Betas improved consistently from one to the next. Hopefully that means something.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

If servers are bad at night then pull the ultimate old gamer move and use your old person powers to go to bed early and then wake up rear end early in the morning when the children have given up to go to sleep.

This is my superpower, I can't sleep past 5:30 a.m. anymore no matter what!

edit: and then never log out for the rest of the day

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I tried to play the videogame immediately but I had to wait 20 minutes and are you familiar with the greatest tragedies in human history because we are joining their ranks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Cyrano4747 posted:

Barb is evergreen, iirc both the first hardcore diablo kill and the first max level D3 characters were barbs and barb+druid were reportedly the strongest in the endgame beta