Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
How are you gonna include no horse and small map in your marketing materials, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

It's true, you need a vanguard game to show people how bad horse and big map are, then you can put it in the feature list for the next game

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Need horse to sell horse armor.

Edit: vvv Get rekt slow poster. Should have used a horse.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 29, 2024

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

can't sell horse armor without horses

checkmate horse haters

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bring back wings, and pets.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
trying to do the mmo mtx thing without pets is dumb

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Instead of a horse each class should have a traversal skill that lets them run super fast.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kaysette posted:

trying to do the mmo mtx thing without pets is dumb

Pets are such a monetization gimme even I can’t refuse

I have the little goblin jazz band in PoE and even though I constantly mistake them for enemies I still keep them around

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm still beyond baffled they haven't added skill effects mtx

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's taken them a year to fix their own built-in skill effect changes. Either they're running with a skeleton crew or their stuff is busted.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Why don't we just start shooting tar heroin instead?
I never use the horse. Also my evade button makes me run faster than a mount.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

victrix posted:

:mensch:

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

victrix posted:

can't sell horse armor without horses

checkmate horse haters

victrix posted:

sell skill effect that turns necromancer summons into horses so you can sell horse armor for them

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The horse is awesome.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

There should be evil horse enemies, and horse elites that can generate scary zones on the ground.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Add some trains to rob. Bada boom.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Jimbot posted:

I really liked Titan Quest's world design. It really did fell like an odyssey across ancient Greece, Egypt, and the Orient. It could have used more secrets and off the beaten path stuff but I really enjoyed how they did things in that game. Grim Dawn does something similar but I didn't get far into that game despite like it too - the world is just way too off-putting.

A big draw of WoW for me was just running around exploring and finding all the little random cool secret stuff in the game. If you're gonna have a map the size of d4's you should throw more of that type of stuff in it.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tiny Timbs posted:

It's taken them a year to fix their own built-in skill effect changes. Either they're running with a skeleton crew or their stuff is busted.

They're not even in yet are they. Unless they're on the PTR. Even then I'm skeptical until i see it myself season 4.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
pretty low rung on the ladder for what i want in this game, but i'd like to be able to choose my dismounting spell/skill to make it thematic to my build.

not going to pay for it but im sure that will be on the menu when skill mtx does comes into play

e: regarding built in effect upgrades; someone earlier in the thread claimed they are supposed to activate when you have like +7 to a skill instead of the standard 5. honestly hadn't noticed it though. i think its still broken

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 30, 2024

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i was doing my weekly gauntlet, as i'm sure you all do too, and saw i had enough mats for one last duriel run

got the kill, helmet dropped.......min roll godslsyer with one stat being 33% instead of 30% because it couldn't even be interesting in a worst possible way either

they should have run some kind of throw away event after they extended the season, even like double goblins or something. this season was already really long in the tooth before the announcement

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

S4 theme is the loot update

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/24077223/galvanize-your-legend-in-season-4-loot-reborn

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

thats ehhh... kinda shallow?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

god dang that’s pretty pathetic

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That’s a lot of good updates but I guess I didn’t expect them to actually cancel having a seasonal mechanic

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

:chloe:

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Guess we can finally say with certainty that the game will come out of beta with Vessel of Hatred

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
lol, lmao

Those changes all sound great but this might mar the sterling reputation of Even Season Swimlane.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

again, I lol

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

victrix posted:

Those are probably coming, but the whole shared world aspect probably makes it more difficult. They are locked in to selling really lame skills effects or giving players the option to turn off other player's MTX on their screen. Going by PoE mtx, the stuff that sells is flashy, silly, or flashy and silly, and you generally reduce overall clarity. That is not a problem when everyone plays on their own, but can quickly be very annoying in a shared world.

Given the development speed of D4, I'm guessing turn off other players MTX is going to be an expansion feature, and the expansion will launch with a bunch of skill effects.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Seems fun, and I will play it. Gonna miss my spider bot buddy though.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

1 step forward, 2 steps back

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You're still going to play it

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

TyrantWD posted:

Those are probably coming, but the whole shared world aspect probably makes it more difficult. They are locked in to selling really lame skills effects or giving players the option to turn off other player's MTX on their screen. Going by PoE mtx, the stuff that sells is flashy, silly, or flashy and silly, and you generally reduce overall clarity. That is not a problem when everyone plays on their own, but can quickly be very annoying in a shared world.

Given the development speed of D4, I'm guessing turn off other players MTX is going to be an expansion feature, and the expansion will launch with a bunch of skill effects.

I don't think D4 has enough readability needs for other players MTX to matter. As long as it doesn't do Necro fart cloud levels of covering the ground you're not going to notice or care that the other guy is a Werehippo doing a rhino charge or the Wizard is shooting rainbows. Can you see the boss do wind ups and spawn aoe circles on the ground? Good enough. They certainly don't care if corpse baliistas shoot you from off screen and poo poo, lol.

Let's be honest, the game barely supports partying as is. If you're with your friends you'll be coordinated on voice if you think it matters, if you're in the field nothing other players does matters since launch.

Like all things D4 they kinda goofed and will tactfully pretend otherwise until they debut an obvious in hindsight feature.

On that note S4 looks fun enough to play if you cheated like me and didn't deep dive the end game loops very much. The rest of you get.. Iron Wolf events? In Helltides?

"No season" wasn't on my bingo card but lol, lmao.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Not thrilled that the lil robot I just unlocked isn't very interesting and is just for this character
I'm bored to tears with this druid, I need a class that has better mechanics in boss fights. I don't enjoy all my CC is converted to just damage due to bosses being immune to my core combat skills

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
A season of fixes is not the worst thing - the game clearly needs it, but I do question if the D4 team are really equipped to handle 4 seasons a year, even with multiple teams. Maybe they need to drop down to 2-3 seasons a year and do a mid-season balance patch/event to get people to come back.

Even PoE has essentially dropped down to 3 seasons a year because every expansion in the last 2 years has been pushed back by a month.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

should've just called it season of the patch and made the free mtx a set of patched rags

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
It also includes the new Helltide, a seasonal questline with the Iron Wolves, the bounty board, The Pit of Artificers, new bosses, and the itemization/codex changes.

All of that is just going to be available on eternal too, except for the questline and bounty board.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It also includes the new Helltide, a seasonal questline with the Iron Wolves, the bounty board, The Pit of Artificers, new bosses, and the itemization/codex changes.

All of that is just going to be available on eternal too, except for the questline and bounty board.

what do you mean also

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

hawowanlawow posted:

what do you mean also

That is what is also in the season 4 patch besides the itemization changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ah yeah, all that stuff was covered months ago as part of the patch. we're talking about some kind of seasonal theme or new skills