Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

smoobles posted:

Tell us what course you're teaching and we will help improvise how to integrate Diablo 4 as a learning aid

I hope it's Religion 101

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Enjoying a (early, leveling) storm druid build, with blood howl to keep health+spirit up and wolves to keep bosses distracted and give some extra help with getting big hp sponges down with the active skill. The 5th node unlocks a big bunch of storm-spell-bonuses and I just clear out screens quite fast now that I spent a few points there, plus hurricane seems to be pretty darn good and I can't wait for Cataclysm (still level 21 or so). I'd just love to have a bit more spirit in order to cast more before having to wail on people with my basic skill, but maybe gear will eventually help with that.

I do miss Diablo 3's infinite free respec, but I can see how this will be more satisfying to figure out a good build...

Do people tend to use their 4 non-mouse skill slots on 4 different abilities, as the game seems to want you to, or double down on stuff? Early on when mobs and elites were less dangerous I'd have both Rend and Lightning Storm as core skills (but using targetable attack skills from hotkeys sucks rear end :( ) for high hp and trash swarms respectively, but now I kinda need that slot for a defense skill, and I'm not giving up the better spells I'm unlocking later on to keep using 2 "early game" let's say skills from the same tier...

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Sab669 posted:

There are approximately zero cool Aspects to be found in Dungeons for non-Shapeshifting druids, but Shapeshift felt awful in the beta so I didn't want to try it again live.

Speaking of, is there any good gear/aspects for a storm druid? I went all in with lightning because zapping things is cool but I am level 37 and have found only a few legendaries, and they were all intended for shape shifting or earth skills. The dungeon aspects seem to have nothing related to storm or lightning for druids. Feels like I just have to put more points into passives at this stage and that makes for some kinda weak sense of progression...

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

cataclysm ultimate might not be great, but it is fun to fill the screen with tornadoes and lightning, on top of all the lightning I am shooting out of my rear end weapon.

Storm druid seems to be good against packs, but lacking in 1vs1 and in killing big damage sponge bosses.

I looked at guides and willfully ignored them in favor of shooting more lightning, which is working out for me so far!

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Silly question but I'm still not at that point, being about halfway through act 4: if you skip the campaign on a new character after completing it once, do you just get plonked into the world at lvl1 with whatever realm-wide renown rewards you got, the horse, and just get dungeons/activities/sidequests?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

coelomate posted:

exactly. 10 skill points, 100+ in all stats and a horse at level 1 is pretty funny.

Note that some world areas have minimum levels, if you head west from MainTown it’ll still be 5-7 monsters for example.

:getin: that's great, the early game slog and redoing the campaign after having just finished it is my bane usually, this way I'll feel a lot better about whipping up a few alternate characters to settle into which class I'll want to play for the first season :)

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

i found something like 9 legendaries (lvl 43, act 4 currently) and they were all useless and kinda terrible. still wearing some of those because they're still better than yellows, but this sucks.

where do I go to get more legendaries? getting one per act boss or something like that is grating, at this rate it's going to be hours to actually find something good

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

euphronius posted:

You can go dungeons and get aspects for your book and imprint them on rares and make your own legendaries

People say this, but they don't say that you first have to salvage a bunch of legendaries because otherwise you won't have the mats to imprint.

I finished 2 dungeons just to get the aspects and figured out I can't imprint them because I'm still using most of my legendaries (and the first 3 that I salvaged gave only normal resources :argh: ), thus my question about where do I get more of those! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

SettingSun posted:

The only solution to that is to play more of the game. The item quality drop rate seems to be tied very closely to level. I can't get rid of legendaries fast enough now.

Got it, so it's not just from bosses or (very) rarely elite packs after a certain point? I mean of course the game is all about killing bosses, but they seem to be kinda spaced out between them and til now they've been the only "reliable" source of legendaries. Level 43 so well on the way to end the campaign now, and to be honest they do seem to drop more frequently - but when the aspects dropped are useless it's very frustrating having to wait another boss for another "roll" let's say.