Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Just started playing this on Xbox thanks to gamepass, and I’m levelling up a blood necro. As a new player there’s a bunch of stuff that never really gets explained like the 10 different types of glyphs and stones and chests and whatever the gently caress, but there’s one thing I can’t find an answer to anywhere.

Why do some necro corpses have a red vertical blood trail radiating upwards? Some people were speculating it’s the corpse you have selected with the controller, but that’s more of a highlight and I can see it moving as I move the stick. So what on earth does the vertical blood trail mean? Feels like I’m missing something really obvious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

runchild posted:

I just opened the game to take a good look and the conclusion I came to is that all useable corpse have the red mini-beacon, but because there’s variance in the effect it sometimes looks like some have it and some of them don’t. And they exist for the sake of visual clarity, though to be honest they don’t make a huge difference with all the stuff that goes on on screen, especially with a full crew of skelebuddies. But hey, better than nothing.

Yeah okay fair enough. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious - like I said the console interface feels like it's missing a lot of info since there aren't really any obvious tooltips.

One more question: playing hardcore I picked up a couple of escape scrolls or something. I assume these are supposed to be emergency ripcord buttons to cheat death, but how the gently caress are you supposed to use them with a controller? If I'm about to die on hardcore, am I really supposed to open my character window, switch to the consumables tab, navigate through the elixirs, find the scroll and then use it? That seems ... less than ideal?