Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."

boredsatellite posted:

How did this feel to play with a controller btw. Might bring out my Xbox controller lying around

It plays excellently and the game feels like it was designed around controller. I played beta on my PC using a controller and never felt like I missed traditional kb+m.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

I'm going Rogue for my main. I'll be doing Druid and Barb as my alts for playing with specific friends infrequently so we keep around the same level.

I tried sorc and it was fun but felt a bit too familiar. Figure I'll do caster classes at some point. God I'm so hyped for this game to have an actual story I'm interested in. The cutscenes in the beta were so well done.

Just a few more hours until I have to put my kids to bed while ignoring all of their requests, slipping them melatonin, hoping desperately to get online by 8pm.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

euphronius posted:

DM me for invites to "Goon Squad"

You monster

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

Finally got on. Haven't seen any clan invites though. Is something screwy on blizzards side?

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

Did guild invites fail server side or did goon squad instantly fill?

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

LambBear#1602 is my b.net

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

Man the Rogue just feels so good. I'm only lvl 16 and I'm dashing in and out of combat, dropping caltrops and poison traps and inflicting Vulnerable for high single target damage and everything just combos so well together. They really nailed how it should feel to be a backstabbing ninja class with the controller input. I didn't get to Barb and Necro during the beta but nothing else has come close to hitting this level of "this is a top down action game living inside an aRPG world". Good job, Blizzard.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

The whole tree of whispers sequence is loving fantastic

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

I like my twisting blades death trap rogue for the speed and fast pace, but it does kinda feel button mashy and bad. I'm starting to itch for a build that's a bit more technical.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

Can anyone on PS5 tell me whether the game stutters there too? I get horrendous stuttering in towns, but great performance in dungeons so I've just about ruled out a hardware issue on my end but figured I'd ask. Probably a server side issue at Blizzard

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

Got the Rogue unique that gives Rain of Arrows all imbuements. I think this would pair well with the Aspects that trigger on striking with an imbued skill against poisoned, chilled. So that could be a pretty stacked nuke, just need to figure out a good way to bring the cooldown on Rain to something reasonable. Preparation, a ton of spenders and resource generation? Anyone using this amulet?

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

That D4 shipped with no ability to teleport to your fellow party members is it’s most egregious sin.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

See it’s way easier to get your question answered when you post with aggressive ignorance instead of quiet curiosity thanks y’all

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

Figured out my issue with town portals in groups. I'm playing crossplay with a buddy, he's on PS5 and I'm PC. Something with his privacy settings is making it so he appears offline. He can send me invites and we can group, but I can't see him in the social tab to do the same. When we group together, he doesn't generate a town portal at all and we have to use way points and walk the rest of the way to group up. Very weird. That was the first group I'd ever done, so I assumed the game just had no TP-to-party functionality. Every other group since has worked fine.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

My werebear druid build is finally started to come online around lvl 30. Trample => Pulverize is so satisfying! It's also unfortunately the first time I've felt like using a gamepad is a distinctly worse experience than M+KB. Instead of trampling through a group of enemies, I trample up to the nearest enemy in the group and then stop. With a mouse I just choose a spot on the ground to trample to which is behind my enemies to ensure I crash all the way through them. It really makes me wish there was a control scheme that had you hold the skill button down to bring up something of an aiming overlay. Releasing the skill's button fires the skill. I think I've seen that sort of control scheme in Diablo Immortal.

Anyone know if the devs have mentioned this issue at all?

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

Really trying to figure out how to make a Necro freeze build work. I got Bloodless, Frostburn, and Penitent Greaves uniques over the last two nights with pretty good rolls.

Seems like combining them with the legendary that gets Skeletal Mages to cast blizzard every 8sec makes sense. But what else? 'Bone Storm is a Darkness spell now' affinity and bone spear?

I wish it weren't such a burden to sketch out a build without having to reroll everything. Like make the training dummy a special zone where you can refund skill tree and paragon, but if you don't like it you can leave the room and everything goes back to what you had.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

Emulate the switch version?

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

It seems a bit shallow compared to S2 but there's a chance we haven't seen everything on offer yet.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

Bisse posted:

Man idk about traps, but Uber Lilith and her hitbox mazes, I sure wish I was on a controller

Doesn't this go away quite a bit now that WASD controls are in?

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

So I think my seasonal progression is bugged. Anyone else just stuck on 1/5 Kulle's Journals? I have no other quests, and some googling tells me the journals will naturally occur in Vaults as you progress through the seasonal questline. I haven't been able to find any discussion on forums with other people having a similar problem. Anyone?

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They have a crazy low drop rate and mostly drop from the bonus chests that require the blessing. I ran a bunch of NM vaults with 3 bonus chests at the end over and over and it still took forever to get them.

Thanks for the insight. Did your questline just stall at that stage while you ground out the journals or what? I'm level 45, and I think I got the journal quest around lvl 30 and still haven't seen the second one. Just feels very weird considering the pace of quest objectives in previous seasons. Basically as soon as I unlocked the 4 vaults in The Gatehall, things seems like they just stopped progressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

I think the problem I'm having is that there's no other quest alongside the journals, but it sounds like everyone else has a steady stream of tasks to do while the journals are the long term goal. That's how it was when I first started the season. It's a bummer!