Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
I did as many things on World Tier 1 in the Fractured Peaks as I could before leaving and I'm still missing like 8 side quests that I just don't see anywhere on the map and a bunch of named mobs unkilled and wound up leaving well into level 36.

I'm really enjoying Scosglen... I think I'm 43 now and fresh outta side quests so I'll be working on the story quests tomorrow 😊

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Does anyone know if the paragon system only unlocks after the end of the story quests or capstone dungeon, or immediately after turning 50?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
quote is not edit

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Getting to see and hang out with Lyndon again was nice.

Also, is this interaction a Brick Top (from Snatch) reference or is the accent just really that close?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aexo
May 16, 2007

dyzzy posted:

But it's all crit strike damage so both emerald and sapphire bonuses are already in that bucket? Is there something OP and I aren't getting here?

e: for bosses you probably want emeralds, tbf

It's assumed you're hitting a vulnerable target more often than you're critting it. If you don't have vulnerable then yeah it makes no sense. But not having something that applies vulnerable makes even less sense.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Oh yeah my bad.

It's the same bonus too... But yeah unstoppable affixes would render that ineffective.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
They already said there are XP boosts on the free (and therefore premium) battle pass. You need to reach a certain level on your character *and* applicable level on the BP to unlock it, so you can't pay for BP level skips at character level 1 and get all the XP boosts on day one of the season.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I run from event to event in helltides, only stopping for legitimate elite packs (none of those silly buff their allies groups), and when it rains. Oftentimes a mini boss will spawn when it rains. It's good XP since they're your level +2

Easily getting enough cinders for all the mystery chests, even the helltides with three zones.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
The guy I was running NM dungeons with tonight told me there's a rumor about a goblin = The Butcher but we had the separate NM dungeons tonight with goblins and no Butcher.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Decided to see if Reddit had any tips for getting the side quest Fury Against Fate from bugging out and as ridiculous as it sounds...

Turn your background FPS to 1 and talk to the NPC in the cave and alt+tab out until you hear the NPCs yelling charge to attack. It worked!

Aexo
May 16, 2007

harrygomm posted:

the thing that actually matters is whether the barrier in the cave spawns with a health bar or spawns invincible

go into the cave where the NPC starts talking, look at the barrier and see if it has s health bar. if it does, use “leave dungeon” and then “leave game” and wait the 10 seconds so you spawn back at the same place instead of in town. repeat until the barrier spawns as immortal.

all other tricks are just various long winded ways to achieve the dungeon resetting

I tried what you said for about 45min yesterday, and probably another hour across a few different times previously. None of that worked for me. Maybe it'll work for other people.

What worked for me was setting the background FPS to 1, starting the conversation, alt+tabbing till they yell (something they never did before), and running after the barricade with them. This doesn't reset the dungeon at all. But since it worked for me and several other people on Reddit, I decided to share it here to maybe help someone else.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Loving this description of the "On The Warpath" emote:

"Show everyone you’re ready for battle when you slam your banner down, signaling to enemies that you’re ready for a fight"

Aexo
May 16, 2007

harrygomm posted:

not an option for consoles and anecdotally didn’t work for my partner on PC. glad it seemed to have worked but i’ve seen handfuls of people agree with each kind of voodoo around getting the quest to work whether or not it does anything. hopefully these patch notes i haven’t read yet have mentioned that it’s fixed

Yeah it sucks it's not an option for console players, but could be a solution for PC players so still worth sharing, if still not addressed in this patch.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Hatred's Chosen

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I'm surprised goons haven't used the Wily prefix and haven't mentally renamed it to Willy

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Your seasonal character becomes eternal at the end of the season. So your additional altars and further exploration from seasonal play will become your new eternal standing.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Had about 26k PVP cinders waiting for extract when I got randomly dropped and now it says my account is otherwise busy :(

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Anybody got a good build to get the Sorc achievement "Elemental Artist — Kill 20 enemies with each Element in 30 seconds."?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Definitely would be nice if we could have some training dummies to test on, eh?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Is there a helltide chest for gloves? I've looked for the past two days and haven't been able to find one.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Get on my level.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I've been playing this game almost exclusively lately so I don't have recent experience outside the game to reference but a month or two before the game came out I got a Corsair wireless mouse and occasionally it feels like the in game cursor just stops moving for a micro-second, almost as if my mousepad is dirty or something, but it isn't dirty, and what limited time I spend on that computer outside of the game I don't feel like it ever happens.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I wish they'd do the aspect system like Division 2 does. You can improve the base values by what you find.

I'd like to kill Uber Lilith for the seasonal journey thing but I don't think I'll be able to. I can never even get to phase two.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
What's a class/build I can use to kill Uber Lilith with the easiest? My pre-season death trap rogue definitely couldn't. And I'm barely scratching the surface of her health with my seasonal shred druid, albeit farther than the rogue ever did get.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Ugh I'm grinding this bone spear necro out but I'm so bored of it.

Does getting carried through a Lilith kill count for the seasonal journey? How much are they and where do I sign up for one?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
would pay 50m to a goon to carry me through a softcore seasonal uber lilith run just so I can finish this seasonal journey and get a dumb title I'm sick of grinding for

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I'm 95, I just hate this last push the most. And it's my second toon to 100 this season so I'm really over the game right now. I just really want that title.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
3 @ 100
And a few in their teens

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I'm probably coming back after quitting mid-season 2, and skipping season 3 entirely. Is there a post detailing all the new stuff? I know about I'm imbuments being permanently available at the max stat you've extracted at. I think I heard there's a rift-like thing now? And maybe a way to target farm uber uniques? Anything else?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I hated Act 2 the most in D3. Loved the game overall. I liked how arcadey it felt. Once loot 2.0 came out it was an amazing game and I still come back for some seasons.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Can't you port to dungeons now? And deal with another loading screen when you leave, of course.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
What's the deal with the Malphas mobs? I haven't played this season.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Previous names included my stream name (the rogue), Yogi, and ManSir. I'm sure you can figure out which classes the last two are.

Aexo
May 16, 2007

emdash posted:

are there particular PC settings that make d4 less prone to stuttering? i've already turned off frame generation due to the ongoing issue, but the game still feels less smooth than it should with a 5800x3d and nvidia 4070

Sorry if this has been answered, but the launcher says there might be an issue with frame generation that they're looking into, and to turn it off if it gives better performance.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
925 has the highest top end for the variables rolled on that gear.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Anybody happen to have a build for the Sorc Elemental Artist title?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
It should always roll better if it's gonna reroll the same affix, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Is it true that if you salvage a MW item you get back all the MW mats except the last upgrade you performed? My buddy seems to think so. I've been waiting for this patch to drive into masterworking so haven't had an opportunity to try.