Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Respecs are too expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Sweeper posted:

I can't believe I paid $20 more to play a game four days early, feels bad, guess I'll have to drown my sorrows in loot

I hear chicken helps.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Looke posted:

giv me some more world bosses ty

Yeah, it needs to be more of an MMO.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

People are afraid they'll miss out on the FOMO battlepass. This is brilliant. Congratulations, Blizzard.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Make sure to keep us all in the loop about what level you currently are, everyone. This is thrilling stuff.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

FootballFreak2 posted:

Thanks for letting everyone know what’s you think is thrilling. Great content

You're welcome! I also like to put barbecue tongs in my pee hole.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You knew you were paying a premium to beta test.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

it's a big tall skill tree with lots of choices

Let's not get too carried away.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

If you're on the fence, I'd wait a couple of weeks to see if the endgame is worth playing. Unless you only care about playing through the story.

Diablo 3's terrible state took longer than a day to become apparent.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

American McGay posted:

Yeah I’m playing it right now, and have been without issue for a week and a half.

Nice screenshot though.

I really hope Blizzard pays you for all the overtime you're putting into tirelessly defending the game in this thread, it would be kind of pathetic if you were doing it for free.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

I have no idea how they can have arrived at this, without going "oh poo poo this looks miserable, lets not do this".

I think that's probably exactly what happened. Unfortunately the "oh poo poo, this looks miserable" also had a "but we have to release in less than two months" tacked onto it.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Most appealing part of new seasons is a fresh, empty stash without having to clean out your non-season stash.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Schwawa posted:

paragon boards are cool and imo they should have gone all in on them and made them the entire leveling system. The standard rear end skill tree is boring.

My assumption has always been that the lovely, basic skill system was to lure in the casual players by being dead simple and non-intimidating and keep them busy for a while, and the more complex paragon system was to act as a carrot on a stick for the hardcores who might otherwise dislike the skills tree but are willing to invest the time to get into the "meat" of the game.

From a demographic standpoint, it was a pretty smart design choice when you're looking for strong sales at launch, but in reality it kind of pisses off both groups in the long term. The hardcores generally dislike the basic design of the skill tree and the casuals generally don't want to deal with a huge paragon system that confuses them and can be extremely overwhelming.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Reading this thread for as long as I have, you all seem like an abused spouse.

"Maybe it will be different this time"

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

What's funny to me is that the Loot Reborn announcement reads almost exactly the same as I remember the Loot 2.0 announcement 10 years ago. Like, most of the changes are the exact same changes they made to fix D3's terrible loot system.

Anyway, those changes fixed diablo 3, so I guess they might fix Diablo 4, lol. I might actually jump in if reports are positive in a couple of weeks. And if there's a decent viable necro summoner build.

Probably asking too much for both of those.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

How a company of this size can't do the loot rework AND make seasonal content at the same time is wild.

It would be a bad idea, since the seasonal gimmick would interfere with any data and feedback they're gathering with regard to the new balance and changes.

They'll still likely gently caress it up this way, but adding a seasonal gimmick into the mix would probably be a disaster for several seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Got a good laugh at them calling this the Loot Reborn patch.

They would have called it Loot 2.0 but they did that last time they made most of these same changes to fix another one of their games.