Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

BrianBoitano posted:

My 4 month old woke me up at 10, 11, 11:30, 11:45, 12:15, 5, 5:15, 5:45 last night. My hardcore druid will probably die from my sleep deprived rear end or from panic trying to TP when munchkin wakes up tonight. Wish me luck!!

Two tips I gots for ya: first, don't sleep on IAS on your gloves and legendaries. I'm pretty sure it's one of the top affixes for DPS, and I hope some of the turbo nerds look into it soon. It's been ignored.

Second, grouping is OP. You can divide and conquer and get dungeon credit when not present, and you can power level your friends. If anything should cause a HC race uproar, it's this.
https://youtu.be/BIYrC5e9eg4

Aaahh the early years with small children and trying to game, I remember them well! Hang in there, eventually you might get two 3-hour sleeps per night, if you're lucky, in a couple of years ;)

One thing about IAS is that some skills have an innate bonus to attack speed which you should consider when picking skills! For example Chain Lightning does not have any innate bonuses whereas Ice Shards get a 1.25 multiplier just like that! Also some skills are instant and some have a cast timer - lots of testing needed to know the impact of IAS on specific builds and skill rotations!

Very pumped for tonight, it'll be 1 AM here when it launches and I probably won't get to play due to server issues before I pass out but I'll still be there :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

coelomate posted:

how is everyone feeling about the state of the necromancer at launch? sounds fun, but chain lightning sorc with teleport sounds fast, and I cannot decide.

I think a lot of people were super down on necro in the server slam because of the nerf to skeletons but there looks to be some pretty crazy synergies for minion builds with the right legendary aspects and glyphs tbh, Kripparrian has a necro build guide that looks very strong on paper

if you want fastest possible character then that's rogue for you, probably, but fun is more important than fast to me at least

I said come in! posted:

Reviews seem to suggest that Necromancer is much better compared to the previous open beta. But they are a more advance class to play because some of their best builds require very specific gear.

while this is true to some extent it's not as gear dependent as druid and barb apparently, druid can go from barely scraping by and being miserable to annihilating everything with a single legendary aspect that - importantly - is drop only afaik

Martout fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 1, 2023

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Caster Druid has basically no targeting and AoE.

Necromancer with blood nova/corpse explosion/bone spirit is another good one.

a note to add to this is that bone spear is insanely strong and reliably applies vulnerable which is crucial

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
so far it just, works? I'm baffled!