Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Popoto posted:

this poo poo is asking for age verification through credit card entry. is there another source?

sorry about your virus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

my parents might not care but my kids will make my life hell if i try to pull an all nighter :negative:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

happy diablo to those who celebrate

i will join next week

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Need some hero to claim Gooseflock [HONK] or something similar :pray:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

i enjoyed the brief story in the beta, especially the church cutscene

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Propaganda Hour posted:

Well, it was definitely the last item he dropped

Jesus Christ lmao

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

That’s a staff not a cue.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

decided to dive in last night and this morning, made it to 21ish in act 2. i can finally feel my bone spear / corpse explosion build coming online. was a bit rough before i had more corpse generators and pumped the essence from consumption skill but it feels good now. i forgot about reapers having a corpse generating option, that would have been really helpful. guess i'll just dump a ton of points into the bone crit% stuff but that feels super boring. i think i lucked into a build pretty similar to the one maxroll is selling for leveling.

was playing with bone mages to go with the theme but they seem annoying. will likely go back to cold.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Perestroika posted:

I've only just gotten done with Act 1, and I'm surprised to find that the story is... actually not terrible? Like it's not high art or anything, but at least so far I'm actually curious to see where it goes, and Lilith/Inarius are more interesting antagonists than the usual Diablo fare. Certainly a sight better than Diablo 3. Also good goddamn the environment designers sure put their entire rear end into the Black City. That was gross as hell in the best way :catstare:

:yeah:

Got through act 2 last night and having a good time! I did manage to get my first death against the Act 2 boss but it was because I majorly hosed up positioning in a tight space and necro has no mobility.

Looking forward to getting through Act 3 and getting my mount then exploring a bit more before taking on the next acts.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

when you open the game and you're hitting A to skip the splash screens, if you hit it one too many times the exit button is highlighted and the game immediately quits lol

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Doomykins posted:

Act 1 Spoilers: You didn't need that armor to prove your worth, friend. drat after the last 10 years of Blizzard Writing(TM) I didn't expect them to stick the landing on some pathos with actual build up, pay off and even a subtle setup. "That's cool armor but it doesn't have room for a head? Neat description. Wonder if I'll see Holy Pyramid Head guys later."

Really liked that whole thing. Saw it in the open beta and that's one of the big things that convinced me to pull the trigger.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

The world first hardcore 100 died to a DC lmao

Definitely not touching hardcore for a while.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Necro feels great with controller. Haven’t had issues with ranged aiming, but can’t speak to teleport shenanigans.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

finally got my pretty pony, gonna ride around a bit before going to heck and killing the devil again or whatever

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Do the same legendary effects stack? For example I found 2 charged bolts home in on enemies within about a minute, one is a max roll 25 percent, the other an average roll. If I equip both, are the percentages added together?

It certainly doesn't seem like the bolts last 300 percent longer stack.

No, one will be greyed out.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Just finished Act VI, had a great time. Going into hell at 42 made things hard in a fun way. This might be the best ARPG plot I've played through (low bar).

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

zoux posted:

Join us in the Controller Cult and youll never think about horse riding problems again…

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Fajita Queen posted:

just play and enjoy video games imo

:yeah:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I'm confident this will be the ARPG of the year. Zelda is overall GOTY probably, on PC it might be Starfield depending on how hosed it is at launch (I'm really looking forward to fun Bethesda bugs IN SPACE).

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Butcher spawned in my very first dungeon after switching to WT3, got him down after doing a bunch of Benny Hill style running around slinging bone spears at it while my corpse fart clouds and grim reapers chipped away. Ended up being a goofy but fun fight. Will hit 50 tomorrow and can figure out all this endgame poo poo I’ve been hearing about.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Ehud posted:

did anyone post this poo poo yet lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99QbDBHA3y4

love her

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Decided to look up the cosmetic PVP armor and it looks like poo poo? It’s also very expensive. Every single Necro legendary looks better than it.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I died a few times to the capstone boss before I unfucked my gear and started playing more carefully. If you can't beat that dungeon yet, you won't be able to do much of anything in WT3.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Astryl posted:

Skill issue.

please don’t doxx me

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

https://twitter.com/legotrillermoth/status/1670086962554830849?s=46&t=PGSJnoB5wVhiFVMWNiYl2w

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Found a pvp zone today that hit the sweet spot of actually containing a bunch of players but no groups ganking every rando. It was messy but fun! Would love to do some arena style stuff. There were actually some fun pvp modes in Diablo immortal they could steal.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

If they nerf vulnerable I can finally switch to minion necro instead of the big bone spear.

Do nightmare sigils still drop from tree caches in WT3? I turned a few whispers in today and got none. I also still haven’t found the one glyph I really want for my tree. Almost 60, guess I just gotta make the push towards WT4.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

i've seen the butcher twice at almost 60 fwiw

did my first WORLD BOSS and didn't get any dope mount skins, day ruined

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

it's only 40ish gb without the high res textures if you have the choice, not sure how all platforms work

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, now that the honeymoon period has ended, its obvious Diablo IV is actually not that good at all. The end game is pretty terrible. Hoping the season 1 release will bring a ton of improvements, but if it doesnt then its a dead on arrival season and that won't be good for the longevity of this game.

lmao you are a wild one

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

it's extremely hosed that the cool horse bone armor is in the cash shop

blizzard pls

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

can't see any spell effects through my corpse explosion farts

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Zotix posted:

I'm level 100 and have done NM dungeon at tier 90+. I've played the game through the entire current content loop and wanted to give it a fair shake. Right now I'd say the game is probably a 6. Hopefully they deliver on season 1. I do think it's ludicrous though that we're basically repeating D3 and having to go through a year + to bring the game to where it should be on release. I'm glad that most are playing through a new Diablo at their own pace and having fun, but objectively the game is pretty rough right now.

it's got some warts, sure, but reading this two weeks after release is pretty wild. the first season hasn't even started yet. you've gotta realize you're a big outlier here and this game might not be catering to what you're looking for.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

200 hours and you haven't found the cow level yet smdh

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Zotix posted:

Is it? 200h of work in 3 weeks is pretty standard for a huge chunk of Americans, but nobody bats an eye. Binging a game really hard for a week and then dropping playing down significantly over the next few weeks is deranged. Lol.

Get over yourself.

i really appreciate you committing to this and doubling down, good poo poo

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

the optimal times to get mad about it are 0 hours played or 200

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I played through A Realm Reborn in FF14 and it was fine for an MMO JRPG story but then I had to do literally 80 of the most boring quests imaginable to get to the next expansion story so I quit. I don’t care enough about catgirl dressup to slog through all that.

I played through the PoE campaign last year and could not tell you a single character name or major plot point.

e: the "campaign" of vampire survivors lmao, great game but no

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jun 21, 2023

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Rocket tag: you and enemies are constantly under the effects of a lethal shrine

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

got to the wt4 dungeon boss at 61 but he kept nuking me, will come back when less tired and mroe sober and bigger level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Wow, pleasantly surprised by all the good nuggets in there! That's going to smooth over a bunch of annoying pain points and bugs prior to S1.