Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I think we have enough people who will be around at launch to have a good list of options to cover everyone who wants an invite to the Goon Guild.

Info for Guild invite:

- Not making the guild public.

- Name: Goon Squad <GOON>

Initial List of people who you can whisper for invites starting on early access launch:

Solomon#1509
Robomonke#1881
stringless#11492
iii#12957
Delpino#1188
Sulal#1715
Mojo#21911
juicydump#1937
Waroduce#1699
Blaquetooth#1981
LambBear#1602

That should ensure that there is basically always someone on to ask for an invite, even if you are in a gross foreign time zone or play during standard work hours because you are not a productive member of society.

See all you Goons in about 10 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Astryl posted:

I swear to god if this is a joke

It is.

They said there is no cow level.

Diablo is absolutely dead and not in the game either.

They pinky swore. You think someone would just go out there and pinky swear there wasn't a cow level and lie about it?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Mordiceius posted:

So, as someone who hasn't followed the plot of what's going on with DIablo 4, why is Lilith evil? Wasn't her thing "I want to protect Sanctuary"?

Lilith mad that Inarius betrayed her and banished her.

Lilith mad that Hell and Heaven want to kill/neuter her babies (it's us, we're Mommy's special babies)

Lilith wants to let humanity/Nephilim go wild and engage in all their horny/violent fantasies and become unchained by the worldstone.

Lilith wants to use her new mega-strong horny army to do ~*something*~ that is currently unknown. Possibly nuking Heaven and Hell and turning Sanctuary into a blood orgy dance party that looks like a crossover event between the opening scene of Blade and the rave in Matrix Reloaded.

Inarius wants to force his way back into Heaven now that all the peeps who banished him are gone and get revenge on the peeps in Hell that tortured him. Sanctuary is a bummer and just reminds him of his ex and he really resents his kids.

He also wants to take Lilith down for betraying their original vision of being King and Queen Mommy and Daddy of weak angel/demon hybrids and because she wants to let them get fully corrupted by their demonic side, evolve into Nephilim, and become more powerful than Angels or Demons.

Humanity is stuck between one side doesn't really care about them and just wants to make sure they aren't a threat and another that wants to let all their freak flags fly and turn them into murdering conscripts. Both of those sides want to destroy the other and start another war on Sanctuary that extends to Heaven/Hell/Both for revenge with humanity as pawns.

The last 80-year old Horadrim who looks remarkably good for his age and the player character want to stop them from killing/corrupting everyone who is left after Malthael killed everyone. They just finally got a nice new civilization set up and someone wants to wreck it already. It is very rude.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 1, 2023

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Caidin posted:

What happened to the unstoppable murdered the Prime Evil and the incarnation of Death Itself PC from the last game?

They both dead.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Astryl posted:

They are in the abyss, and not truly dead as they are immortal spirits and cannot be truly killed.

Angels basically get turned into paste and used to remake new angels.

Demons eventually reform in Hell.

It's not clear what happens to Diablo/everyone who all had their souls merged together into the Prime Evil and died (but, let's be real, there's no way they are dead for good and Diablo at least is making his way back).

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

coelomate posted:

how is everyone feeling about the state of the necromancer at launch? sounds fun, but chain lightning sorc with teleport sounds fast, and I cannot decide.

I'll tell you what I tell my wife: Finishing as fast as possible is much more important than having fun.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

quote:

I just ordered my two chicken sandwiches and drove to pick them up. When it was my turn to drive up to the window I said "Two orders for [name]" to which the employee raised her eyebrow but went and got my orders. She said "we had to make one of them again because we weren't sure if it was a mistake ordering two under the same name". I chuckled at her confusion and explained in great length that diablo fans will be all ordering multiple sandwiches separately because that is how we will claim our sweet sweet game rewards. She kept looking at the line behind me and fidgeting around like it wasn't important. She didn't seem to know what diablo even is.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Books On Tape posted:

No one answered in the last thread when I asked this. Are there any builds/classes I should lean towards where you can just click anywhere and AOE just kills everything without having to actually click on an enemy? Better yet, the damage is basically just auto and you dont really have to click much at all. PoE had a few builds like this.

Caster Druid has basically no targeting and AoE.

Necromancer with blood nova/corpse explosion/bone spirit is another good one.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Zeor queue, but someone already made a Goon Squad. I assume it was someone here?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Some rando got Goon Squad seconds after it launched. I guess we are doing LLJK now. Same whisper list.

Clan full name is "SA Goon Squad"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

"SA Goon Squad" search in clan menu can bring it up and you can request invite without a whisper.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Swilo posted:

What's the player cap in a clan anyway? Wish they'd kept communities like D3 has that support hundreds of people.

Really baffling why it is so small.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Horizon Burning posted:

i spend a lot of time in the PVP zone because i like collecting blood shards and the enemy density is nice and i have only been killed once (because i accidentally clicked on another player.) the threat of invincible ganking mobs is goon delirium.

It exists, but the instancing system means that you have to be actively partied and organized beforehand and you won't run into them that often because the zone instances have player caps.

The PvP zones were mostly dead when I did them, but I ran into a few groups of people that just ran from shrine to shrine as soon as someone triggered the alert on the world map.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Did you enchant for any of it because I’m think I’ve seen CDR in like 2 pieces of gear total so far

Cooldown reduction is a semi-common affix on sorc offhand items. You can get it rolled on other pieces too, but it is a little harder because there are so many different affixes.

The best ways are to either just enchant a good legendary, find a rare with good stats and put a legendary affix on it, or go for the few quest items/rare spawn drops that have guaranteed affixes (these are generally not great for anything outside of leveling, though).

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Bardeh posted:

the renown grind for the paragon points is a slog. are we going to need to do this every season?

They haven't confirmed that yet, but seems likely.

So far, the only 100% confirmed thing is that alters of Lilith will always carry over to seasons.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Shredder posted:

Running a shadow corpse explosion/minion build. Which board should I unlock next?

- Consuming 5 corpses increases damage by 40% for 6 seconds

or

- With 2 corpses nearby you gain 15% damage reduction, with no corpses nearby you get 15% damage

I'm thinking the first one, I always have corpses around unless poo poo hits the fan, but I'm guessing that second one won't save me in that scenario.

I don't know about this build in particular, but also make sure to check out the rare nodes on each board. They all have different rare nodes and sometimes collecting the rares is just as significant, or more significant, than whatever the legendary power is.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

ninjahedgehog posted:

Please give us the option to hide weapons we're not using -- Conan never wore a dumb golf bag of weapons everywhere and neither should I.

How dumb is it to just refuse to equip my two-handed bludgeon? Waist weapons are unobtrusive enough, I'll keep those

There used to be a transmog option in the beta to hide your weapons. But, I think it was mysteriously removed for the server slam and release build.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

SettingSun posted:

How many paragon points are available in total? 225? (200+1 from level, 4 shrine, 20 renown)

Yeah, 225 is the cap.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

zoux posted:

Can you not respec paragon pts

You can.

You can reset everything, including which board you choose, in the paragon system.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

DLC Inc posted:

I'm assuming the little passive things you get from clearing a dungeon apply to any and all characters you make on your account? I beat two dungeons yesterday with a Necromancer and was rewarded with Druid passive unlocks so I assume that's how it works.

Yes, the codex carries over to all your other characters.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

rally posted:

Are the levels just random? That’s giving me 1s also. RIP

It's tied to your level and what world tier you finished the whispers on.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Donnerberg posted:

How does loot scaling work in nightmare sigil dungeons? The sigil crafting explained nothing so I made the biggest number I could. I'm fighting against level 72 mobs as a level 52. It's slow going for obvious reasons, but the loot I've seen so far is the same item level I've been getting from level 55 mobs.

Item levels and stats kind of stop scaling after item level 725 and level 55 or so.

The max rolls for items with ilvl 725 and ilvl 825 are the same.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

This may be true for item affixes but not true for weapon damage and armor values, so you still want to shoot for higher item power, especially on your weapon(s).

Yes, this is true. I was just talking about item affixes. Ilvl 725 is where they cap out.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

SettingSun posted:

Have they mentioned anything in the usual channels? Stealth changes are troubling.

They posted it in the patch notes on the website.

quote:

Fixed an issue where elite monster packs in some dungeons were spawning in higher frequency than expected.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/hotfix-8-june-11-2023-102/44793

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Astryl posted:

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THERES MOO MOOS

Someone datamined triggers for a secret quest that references "the Oxen gods," a portal, and a way to gain their blessing with an offering that may be related to it.

quote:

ACTOR_TWN_STEP_KEDBARDU_FOUNTAINPUZZLE_HINT worth English Spanish Yam Old Tablet old tablet NoticeSignText The crumbling stone has a few discernible words: "...spill their blood to be deemed worthy..." || The stone remains still preserve some legible words: "... to shed their blood so that they are considered worthy...".

ACTOR_TWN_STEP_KEDBARDU_FOUNTAINPUZZLE_OXSTATUE_01 worth English Spanish Yam Oxen God of the North ox god of the north

ACTOR_TWN_STEP_KEDBARDU_FOUNTAINPUZZLE_OXSTATUE_02 worth English Spanish Yam Oxen God of the West ox god of the west

ACTOR_TWN_STEP_KEDBARDU_FOUNTAINPUZZLE_OXSTATUE_03

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

That Italian Guy posted:

Speaking of weird overworld stuff, what's with the statues with a small circle in front? If you stay in the circle, you get a debuff that says something like "you are being watched". Emote stuff or something more interesting?

If you read the tiles on the statues, they will give you a hint to use an emote.

They do various things. So far, the ones I have seen are:

- Spawns a ghost wolf that follows you around.
- Spawns a dozen health potions.
- Gives you stealth and a 20% damage bonus on your next attack.
- Spawns a bunch of (very low) gold drops.
- Grants you a barrier.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

obi_ant posted:

I’m working on doing 100% on my renown. These will transfer to all my new characters that I create without the need to redo the maps/waypoints right?

Yes, but we don't know for sure what/if any of it will transfer to new seasons.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

That Italian Guy posted:

I dropped an horse armor on a level 4 alt and the name was the same colour as uniques. What's super easy to miss for me are audio logs, since they are blue (exact same colour as the basically useless magic items).

There's different rarities of horse armor. I've found unique and white/normal barding.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Did I gently caress myself out of Nightmare dungeons? So I rolled over to WT3, got my first sigil, went and did that dungeon and got a second sigil. Used it to spawn another Nightmare dungeon but didn't go there since I had other poo poo I wanted to do. Forgot about it entirely yesterday. It's just gone? There's a limited amount of time to go do it?

Also I then find out that after beating your first dungeon you're supposed to talk to the enchanter in Kyovashad to get the ability to craft sigils. I didn't, and talking to him now does absolutely nothing. The option is greyed out, can't make a sigil. What do?

Do the tree and get a box. It will always have at least 1 if you don't have any.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Propaganda Hour posted:

Huh, I noticed the Lair of the Witch was in D4 but I didn't notice the entire D3 Hidden Camp area is there https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/diablo-3-locations-in-diablo-4-hidden-camp-alcarnus-and-crumbling-vault-333471

Lots of act 2 in D3 is part of the game.

Witch's lair.
Hidden Camp.
Caldeum + the Belial boss arena.
The collapsed tunnel or whatever the dungeon was named.
The road to Alcurnus zone.

There's also a flashback to the Travincal from D2 (which includes dead Paladin with item skins from D2R).

Probably some other areas from previous games that I am forgetting too.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Is there any way to predict when the world bosses will spawn?

From what I can tell, it seems like there is a delay after a boss spawns and they can theoretically spawn at any point within ~3 hours after the initial delay is hit. But, there aren't any fixed spawn times or even fixed lengths of when it will respawn.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Black Griffon posted:

In what way is it gay?

Strong focus on fashion.

Main classes include:

- A shirtless oiled up man.
- A (literal and figurative) bear.
- A goth twink.

Every heterosexual relationship in the game fails and the main plot is about how a failed hetero relationship is about to literally doom the world.

The butcher.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

MajorBonnet posted:

I figure the Horadrim are like the Jedi. Sure, there's only one left... oh, except for this ex-apprentice, and the guy who left the order 20 years ago, and so on.

Basically, Cain is the worst steward of the Horadrim ever.

- They lose their leader and most of their members trying to contain Baal.

- The rest get killed until Cain is the only one left.

- Cain is tasked with researching the Prime Evils and resurrecting the Horadrim.

- Cain spends 25 years researching without recruiting a single person.

- Finally, he recruits ONE person after 26 years and immediately dies.

- The person he picks is his niece who is possessed by Diablo - literally the single worst choice possible.

Tyrael on the other hand, has been a mortal for like 6 months and already has half a dozen new Horadrim, has found the black soulstone, has built a new Horadrim sanctuary, and taught them all soulstone sealing magic.

Malthael ends up killing all of them except two, but at least Tyrael was making progress about 1,000x faster than Cain.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Devs posting on Twitter than the stream they are having this week will be to answer popular questions and give full details on "what seasons entail."

He also seems to be implying they are "addressing concerns" about renown and seasons. Which seems like some of it beyond the Lilith Alters is going to carry over.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They almost have a good rotating thing going with the tree of whispers but the rewards seem pretty bad overall outside of the sigil keys you get. also let me break off a branch or something and let me claim it once I’m full from anywhere.

I like the tree stuff, but those are my only two problems with it.

Just let us claim the cache wherever.

And either add some small reward that you can stack like D3 did with the loot crafting pieces or up the gold/legendary drop rate because the bags are currently either a huge reward 5% of the time or nothing special 95% of the time. The small jackpot doesn't make it feel like it is worth spamming them.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Maybe this is just for sorc, but is it the case that a majority of glyphs have no benefit to leveling above 15?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

American McGay posted:

Gems are kinda underwhelming, especially not having more unique slots effects like helms.

Kinda weird they absolutely shower you with them too. Maybe they’ll do something more interesting with them in the seasons.

They basically made it incredibly cheap to add sockets to items and gave every item slot multiple sockets. So, you can be loaded up on gems relative to D3.

So, they nerfed the impact of gems a lot because you can have so many and people complained about the 10 million different levels of gems + gold sinks + mandatory emeralds in every weapon in D3.

I think they went in the right direction, but kind of overcorrected. Especially since they drop so frequently now and have no real purpose once you get your basic slots filled.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Revitalized posted:

If something says "Lucky Hit: 5% chance to proc something"

does that mean first you need to roll for Lucky Hit, and *then* you roll again for the 5%?

Yes.

If your lucky hit chance is 100% and you have something that has a 5% chance to proc on lucky hit, then it has a 5% chance to proc.

If your lucky hit chance is 50%, then it is a 2.5% chance to proc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Stux posted:

glyphs dont stop getting better at 15

There are a few glyphs with static bonuses such as the "Get 13% resistance to the element of the spells in your enchantment slots" for sorc that don't have any real benefit to going above level 15.

But, most of them do scale equally per level all the way to max.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 14, 2023