Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

What is the deal with unique items? Do you pick them up on specific quests, or are they all random drops? If you lose one is there a chance it'll drop again (I'm guessing the clue is in the name, so no).

I've probably sold some because I would unload inventory into storage then sell them by colour at the end of the session, not really noticing the little glow around the edges. I don't know what I missed, and I'm only level 66, so it's not that big a deal - but eventually realising was annoying. No wonder I'm filthy rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Doomykins posted:

They're rarer legendaries.

If you've looked at an item and vendored or mulched it without a second thought it's incredibly unlikely to be a unique and even if you did that just speaks to how uhm, not really that uniquely good some of them are, especially for certain builds. Here's a list, you can get them again RNGesus permitting and you'll know to pay attention and care about them when you start a designated uber dropping activity like farming Uber Duriel. They can drop from anything still but some of the rates for things like uber uniques are "lol, lmao."

Looked up uber uniques and they don't drop until enemies are 85+, which I guess is enough time to make this stupid mistake and realise.

Would be nice if vendors remembered uniques and you could buy them back (even at a marked up price).

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

webmeister posted:

Yeah okay fair enough. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious - like I said the console interface feels like it's missing a lot of info since there aren't really any obvious tooltips.

One more question: playing hardcore I picked up a couple of escape scrolls or something. I assume these are supposed to be emergency ripcord buttons to cheat death, but how the gently caress are you supposed to use them with a controller? If I'm about to die on hardcore, am I really supposed to open my character window, switch to the consumables tab, navigate through the elixirs, find the scroll and then use it? That seems ... less than ideal?

Can you assign it where your emotes go?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I think I’m gonna lose my mind here. I’m 74/75 for fractured peaks map completion and I’ve looked at this map 100 times and I can’t find the last bit I’m missing.

Is there a hidden spot or something?

Have you been to the Hermit's Abode south/west of Margrave?