Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Just started playing world tier 3 for the first time. Now all the vendor trash that drops is special and shiny but the legendaries aren’t. What a bizarre design decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

Yes, and it’s still stupid. The one-armed teenager runs off with the corrupting macguffin and Lorath and the Wanderer just shrug. Also the way Donan dies is real dumb. Whoops, part of the scenery poked you, bye bye big guy.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Taking away content and then requiring you to abandon your character if you want the new content they replace it with is extremely off putting, personally. I see why it would keep some people on the treadmill, but it’s much more likely to knock me off it.

runchild
May 26, 2010

I get the appeal of alts and I will probably make them, but doing it on their schedule rather than mine rankles. I only just beat the campaign recently, so I’ve got 3 weeks to engage with the season 3 stuff and then poof, it’s gone. And I’ve barely touched the “endgame” content at this point so I’m not bored of it. I know that comes down to bad timing on my part, but that’s what I’m saying - their model has a lot of friction if you don’t engage with it the “right” way.

Node posted:

I don't really like the idea of a character being "disposable" in any kind of rpg, but I realize I'm in the minority here.

Okay yeah that also helps me clarify another thing that rubs me the wrong way about it. I like Nia the Necromancer and I don’t like that she’s going to be shunted off to a gimped version of the game. That doesn’t mean I don’t want to play as Beef the Barbarian, but I’m perfectly capable of starting a new character on my own terms without them de-emphasizing my other character(s) for me.

In the end though I’m not really looking for Diablo 4 to be a forever game, so they don’t have much reason to appeal to me.

runchild
May 26, 2010

How can I assess rares as quickly and efficiently as possible? They pile up so quickly, the idea that I’m supposed to pay attention to them is overwhelming.

runchild
May 26, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Season 4 addresses this in like 2 weeks

Great so what do I do for the next 2 weeks

runchild
May 26, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Don’t stress over the crap that’s dropping :shrug:

The fact that they aren’t crap is kind of the problem, since my current gear isn’t sacred and neither are the majority of the new legendaries that are dropping (which I still think is weird). I was just looking for advice on prioritizing affixes or whatever.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Lvl 60 boney necromancer. I’ve mainly been looking out for gear with crit chance, crit damage, and intelligence, though I guess I should get more dexterity for crits. And I like the idea of thorns but I don’t think it’s working great. I don’t feel like sacrificing my boney buddies even though that’s supposed to be optimal (also I really like cold mages freezing enemies and refilling my essence).

My goal is to play the game and make number go up :shrug: I guess my goal for the season is to do some fun content that’s gonna vanish soon.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Jimbot posted:

I'd recommend shifting goals and aim for getting the battle pass to 75 so you can get the hat with a fabulous feather in it. Every game needs to have hats with feathers in it.

That’s still 34 BP levels away so I didn’t have very high hopes of reaching it. I was happy to reach the boots and gloves though, those are pretty cool.

runchild
May 26, 2010

I just opened the game to take a good look and the conclusion I came to is that all useable corpse have the red mini-beacon, but because there’s variance in the effect it sometimes looks like some have it and some of them don’t. And they exist for the sake of visual clarity, though to be honest they don’t make a huge difference with all the stuff that goes on on screen, especially with a full crew of skelebuddies. But hey, better than nothing.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Is there a way to reliably avoid the bug where whisper tasks flicker in an out of existence, thereby resetting your progress? Or is my best bet to stick to the ones that aren’t affected by it like dungeons.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Just took a look at some of the aspect changes for the first time and hell yeah at putting both warriors and mages on occult dominion. That means 6 extra skellies if it’s on your amulet. I don’t care if the build guides never put it there, more buddies is more fun.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Apparently one of the incoming changes is that flat-damage legendary aspects will now scale with weapon damage. But how will that convert? If an aspect rolled 663 out of a possible 694, will it be better than the same aspect that rolled 1,315 out of 1,445? The former is 95% of the max, while the latter is 91%.

runchild
May 26, 2010

If you make a new character now they’ll be kicked to the eternal realm in a couple of days. Seems like there won’t be a ton of stuff exclusive to the seasonal realm, but you’re still better off just waiting a few more days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

Inariaus was a shithead who only cared about himself and used his followers for his own ends. Lilith was a shithead who thought she knew what was best for everyone even if it meant the slaughter of innocents. They both sucked and were wrong. Mephisto is an embodiment of evil and is thus always wrong in the long term even his objectives temporarily align with the good guys. Killing Lilith and soulstone-ing Mephisto was the right course of action right up until the point where the Wanderer and Lorath shrug at the idea of the troubled one-armed teenager going off on her own with the corrupting macguffin. That was Prometheus levels of frustratingly dumb character choices.