Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Why is there a new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hashy posted:

You all need a day dedicated to torturing cows to get nutrients found in leafy greens?

I saw how people are milked from Jordan Peterson so it's either us or them

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I am a degenerate Blizzard pay pig

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Diablo IV: A perfect Summer night. You are 39 years old. The year is 2023.

mods plz

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I said come in! posted:

So wait, is each act just adding a new region to the world, and the whole thing is seamless?

Yea. You technically don't have an order you have to do things so you can bounce wherever

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I was heating up dinner and wasn't logged in and lol at me because now I'm stuck in the login to b.net queue

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I just restarted bnet for the login to bnet queue and popped right in.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Restarted bnet. Updated. Got into Diablo with only a 3 minute queue. My god they may have actually done it!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

sponges posted:

I hope you rich sluts have fun :)

The preferred term is pay pig

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Did they make her boobs bigger lol

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Why in the hell is Act 3 spoiler Meshif hanging around? its been 70 years since Diablo 2! And he was already in his 20s\30s then.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Swilo posted:

I've noticed sometimes a circular symbol appears on the overworld map with a 5 minute timer on it which I assume is a world boss spawn but so far they've all been in other acts I haven't been to yet. No other notifications but I'm sure within a week the entire rotation will be solved and documented.

These are legion events. They’re like little invasions that are similar to beating a rift in D3. Have a group that has to burn down mobs on a timer and it spawns elites at certain thresholds with a boss at the end. It’s really frantic and fun and our group got the mastery with only 3 seconds to spare.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It’s not super clear I don’t feel but every class has a sort of gimmick with skills. It took way too long to figure out the sorcs enchantment skill slots that let you out in two skills and get some rad passives out of it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I’m honestly kinda digging the story. I know it’s all grim dark and all but there’s a lot going on in the world that’s neat.

Act 2 Donan my man I know you recognized it’s hopeless trying to save your son but even if you did a gaping soul stone wound is not gonna be fixable

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Deki posted:

This is where I'm at. I enjoyed the story and the game's fun, but it's not really in a state I see myself being excited to do leagues for unless they come with chunky content patches. Though I am hoping paragon boards kind of spice things up a bit after I beat the game, I've gone 3 acts/~15 levels without my build meaningfully changing and I think that's what's boring me

I’m at the point where I’m changing my whole build every act. It keeps it fresh until the end game at least and the acts are long enough to get a decent feel for it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I don’t get why blizzard still hasn’t implemented a gem bag after all these years. Especially with the slotted inventory system they have now

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The enemies telegraph their moves way ahead of time or have a giant rear end marked ring or line. As long as you can see with your eyes and react appropriately then you’ll be okay. When those moves hit though they can absolutely pack a punch or in the case of a herd of goat men, stunlock you to death.

My buddy is doing his first play through as a tanky druid on T1 and even the butcher didn’t give him too much trouble. Just be careful.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Oh yea HC also has a cheat death elixir. Just make sure to drink it and craft it a bunch

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What’s the fast TP or method to quickly exit? The save exit on D2 and 3 saved my rear end so much when playing HC

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

D-Pad posted:

Any tips for strongholds? This first one has been kicking my rear end. Running a sorcerer.

Kill all the things

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Finished the game. That cinematic was so good. One long hosed up divorce court proceeding.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Books On Tape posted:

So should I not be using arc lash/chain lightning to level my sorc now? It finally clicked as a leveling build that felt good after trying a few other things out and now arc lash seems nerfed.

Play what’s fun to you. Who gives a poo poo if the skill got nerfed somewhat during leveling.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

smoobles posted:

Might the nice if there were a story thread and a gameplay thread, because people are casually spoiling things and some of us are playing the game slowly and helping all the little people of sanctuary with their little bullshit problems

Eh just spoiler with which act you're referring too

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Diablo 4 so chock full of family motifs that it’d make Vin Diesel blush

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I feel like a lot of people regardless of OP build or not will feel like they aren’t murdering everything with impunity due to level scaling. The maxroll arc lash/chain lightening sorc build is one of the strongest and they’re saying it’s not good enough lol.

Play T1, murder everything easily. Bing bong so simple.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Kin33 posted:

This made me wtf more than anything else in the campaign.

I legit thought she was gonna turn around, give me the finger, and tell me she was playing me all along when she walked into that portal with no second thoughts. But I guess mephisto is just a chill dude who wants to help her get out after literally imprisoning him in a soulstone? What? I guess he plans to corrupt her and escape which is showing a lot more temperance and forethought than the usual blizzard cartoon villains. I would expect the lord of hatred to be raging over having his plans foiled instead of just going with the flow.

Diablo is more the :argh: type. Baal is cheeky and likes war and causing a ruckus, Mephisto is the chill mastermind type.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Seasons are worth jumping into because of whatever gimmick they do.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Waffle House posted:

It'd be slick if there was a dungeon of the original Tristram cathedral! Like, a faithful reproduction of the original 30+ levels-deep dungeon that we fought through in Diablo 1 when we were cheesing for Godly Plate of the Whale.

However, because this is 2023, it's just a dungeon (not a mainline quest, but it would have cellars!!) where people can congregate asynchronously and Town around just like ye olde days. Bonus points if it releases with OG D1 aesthetic items and swag that echo the trinity of mage, warrior, and rogue. Kind of a flagship xp/loot mining zone that people can chill in.

This fully exists in D3 and has for a bit. I doubt they do it again for D4.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The Fattest PI posted:

The citizens of the diablo world love 2 things:

Dying horribly
Building insanely huge underground structures that consist of narrow walkways and bottomless pits on both sides

We really are Hell's children.

Imagine being one of those massive hell demons chained forever but no one gets to look at you because you're a quarter mile down the pit.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Is there an oh poo poo get out of game quick method for hardcore?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Finally the progress updates for the common people

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I wish the horse attack cool down was half as long.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I wish I could change my hair. Sure I look like a goth Ryu right now but maybe I want to look like a bootleg Keith Urban and blizzard is stopping me from doing that

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Wanna see who Mephisto boned down on. Oh no! It's the ex-wife!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

World boss spawning at 615 CST

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

How does party sync work when there's a difference in unlocked world tiers? If the host has T3 unlocked and I don't how is that gonna affect things? Will things just be T3 hard\reward regardless?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

BrianBoitano posted:

Where my hardcore players at? Level 49 over here, about to finish the campaign :dance:

I died by eating a boss explosion during a stronghold. Around 45ish. Whoops! RIP baba. Now I’m a skelly bro and digging it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Vasudus posted:

I think the main thing I would like is some sort of Paladin class and a dot-focused class. Yes yes I know there's a few options, but I want some serious damage over time shenanigans.

Corpse Explosion with miasma and darkness skills are dot focused and feel good. Things literally just melt

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The renown grind isn’t too bad. You can get the 3 needed levels for each area just by doing the quests. They’re interesting! The longer quest lines add some nice flair to the world. For example in the swamps you follow the guy from the opening cinematic and learn his story some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Phenotype posted:

Hey, should I be doing the Acts in order? I just realized I have 3 different main quests I can handle, and they all have the same level. I've just kinda been going to whatever's close, and I'm in the middle of all three right now.

e: oh, also, is there some passive healing mechanic that I don't know about? I'm always getting in fights with ranged goatmen or spirits that throw magic, but at the end of the fight I'm often still at full health despite having soaked up a bunch of spears.

I would. The story just kinda flows that way anyway