Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kaysette posted:

my parents might not care but my kids will make my life hell if i try to pull an all nighter :negative:

yeah cuz you didn't buy them all copies you greedy gus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mordiceius posted:

So, as someone who hasn't followed the plot of what's going on with DIablo 4, why is Lilith evil? Wasn't her thing "I want to protect Sanctuary"?

demons lie

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Bear druid has been very fun and cool

The only thing I'm kinda iffy on is the bear ultimate locks you into bear form for its duration, and during that time you can't use any of your non-bear skills like the super useful werewolf regen or other stuff, which has caused me some trouble since unlocking it. You become a bigger bear tho, so its still really cool

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
when you kill enemies with the druid's vines theres a cool animation where they get slowly dragged down into the earth kicking and screaming

take that you goddamn demon bastards

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

External Organs posted:

Correct, you can only fit so many skills in your bar. It's annoying.

if I have one complaint about this game is that I should be allowed to have a small army of plants and animals following me as a druid while also allowing me to turn into a bear and shoot lightning out of my rear end, but with only 6 abilities I can only do one of those things

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ChiTownEddie posted:

Use the emote "thanks" right there

that sidequest made me realize if you see a statue with a faint glowing blue circle in front of it, you can read a plaque that gives you a clue to use a specific emote. if you use the right emote in front of the statue you'll get a temporary buff. The buffs I've found so far have been increased move speed and "the next enemy you hit will rain gold down upon you" which was pretty cool

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
hey game can you stop disconnecting me and kicking me out right at the final boss so I can beat the loving campaign? thanks

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I generally leave people alone in the PvP area but multiple times I’ve had guys chase me down and try to take on The Bear

All have died by my hand

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The T2 capstone is just another dungeon? I didn’t see what made it so special over any other dungeon in the game, aside from those annoying teleporting guys that daze you when they warp

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

euphronius posted:

I learned with Bear Pulverize, you can hit mobs with the slam and the shockwave at the same time by moving a little away from them. This hugely increases single target.

Sick ty I will be copying this tech

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I unlocked WT4 last night at level 64 and now everything is 9 levels above me at minimum and fights are actually hard again. Any recommendations on what I should do next to progress? I tried the lowest level Ancestral NM dungeon I could make and it whooped my rear end lol

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

bus hustler posted:

Doesn't it take like 30 minutes to fully respec an endgame character, as in literally like 30 minutes of sitting there in menus? And that's if you are following more-or-less a guide rather than sitting there picking your own skills. I dunno it's kind of a bummer to spend that much time for nothing, but also there's never ever been a guarantee that all builds will work for all content in diablo

As opposed to spending 70 hours making a whole new endgame character?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I have multiple max rolled umbral aspects sitting in my inventory and I would trade them all for one shockwave aspect

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The only thing that annoys me about the paragon board is that the good glyphs I want to slot in all demand that I buy a bunch of dexterity nodes nearby. That’s like my least important stat! Make me buy willpower instead. Also for some of them I can’t even unlock their bonuses until I upgrade the radius

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

feller posted:

Which ones?

Not on my computer right now but there’s one that requires me to buy 40 willpower within the surrounding nodes to unlock its bonus. With the default radius that seems to be impossible with the paragon boards I have selected now, but I think I can just barely afford it with a radius upgrade.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Multishot vampiric elites can suck my loving dick. Just spent 10 minutes trying to kill 1 guy cuz you just cannot dodge his projectiles when they’re multishot

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just casually putting 200 hours into a 6/10 game. I don’t think I even have that many hours in Bloodborne, the greatest game of all time

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I wasn’t even being glib, his mindset is just legitimately alien to me. 200 hours, wow.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I’ll probably come back to my bear Druid in future seasons to slowly level him up to max over the next couple months, I’ve grown attached to him.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Wuxi posted:

Thats enough dogpiling dont you think? 6/10 isnt even bad, its quite literally above average.
PoE is preparing for Exilecon and LE for 1.0. There's nothing fresh and new to play right now, so of course ARPG nerds are gonna spend a bunch of hours in D4, even if they don't think the game is all that hot. And someone who spends 200+h in the first three weeks is hoping for game that can fill thousands of hours and from that perspective the criticism and rating makes perfect sense. Doesn't mean the game isn't fun

If you look at his arguments from the perspective of a dour loon then yea I suppose they do make perfect sense

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RyokoTK posted:

Why is the weird freak who hates this game after playing it for 200 hours and is a condescending prick allowed to post in this thread? What the gently caress is going on?

It would be a much less interesting thread without him. His posts made my day

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
That xp curve really jumps after 70 lol. I think the level up requirement went from 3.5 million at 69 straight to 7 million

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Verisimilidude posted:

To be fair, most games can be considered good if played casually enough. The more time you spend with a game, the more you begin to understand the limitations and problems the game has. When you have limited time to play a game, it stays new for longer. The honeymoon period lasts longer in that sense.

I think it’s silly seeing those Reddit posts like “I’m a dad and I think this game is amazing! Haters can eat a hat!!” It reeks of self-importance, and it’s invalidating a lot of honest criticism of the game.

When your criticisms come down to "the endgame sucks! It's not engaging!" after youve played 200+ hours well, buddy looks like it engaged you enough to keep you around for 200 hours within 2 weeks of release

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SettingSun posted:

I'm 55/56 locations visited in Hawezar but I can't see anywhere on the map I'm obviously missing. Hopefully I get it as I get the Lilith statues.

If you mouse over the map enough eventually youll reach a part labeled “Undiscovered”, you should find it pretty quick if you just do a quick scan over.

In all likelihood it’s the world boss arena, most of them are in pretty out of the way spots so people don’t just stumble onto them

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mailer posted:

"Look at him, strutting around down there wielding Gorthoth, The Blade of Instant Death while angelic wings made of pure light stream out from behind him. His Bullwark of the Seraphim armor, pulled from the hoard of the vanquished Qeul-zan - the highest demon prince, is stained by the blood of tens of thousands of deated horrors. Feared by both heaven and hell he has become a demigod to rival any across the planes. I'm going to go try to rob him." - the final words of every random RPG bandit ever

“He may have slain every demon within a 10 mile radius, but none of those bitches were me”

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
bears in d4 just tunnel up from the earth below to fight you it rules

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

The constant posting about the guy that played 200 hrs is way more annoying than his posts ever were

no he was really annoying

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
on the one hand, this first season doesn't really excite me. they should have done a better job of showing what these new malignant hearts could do instead of showing off one level 2 "+64 damage over 3 seconds" thing

on the other hand, excessive crunch is a blight on the industry, by the time the season comes out we'll have been less than 2 months out from release, and I'm sure most of the focus has been on tackling bugs and implementing feedback after launch, so I'm fine with how it turned out. I'm hopeful that future seasons will be a bit meatier

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The forums people made fun of me a week ago…. They shall regret this

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Idk when the thread title got changed but I approve

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Lol to whoever said path of exile respecs are cheap but conveniently left out the fact you can only respec 20 points total, per character, with those points being spread out throughout your entire play through

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

bus hustler posted:

OK the respec chat got me thinking, who are you even paying to respec? Where is that gold going? I realize that the game isn't that realistic but they aren't even pretending with that one

Also D2 offered multiple penalty free respecs, they should give you a respec after beating each of the capstone dungeons. :colbert: (I don't actually care about respecs)

Haven’t you ever heard of “investing in yourself”, like in hit game Yakuza 0?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mikojan posted:

Reminds me of my favorite WoW addon back in the very early days. It showed comic book style expressions whenever I did damage.
Stuff like KAPOW and poo poo, really fun

gimme that

Marvel heroes….

On resistances, aside from fire and poison electricity can be scary in certain dungeons when enemies have the electric obelisk affix. Reminds me of the thunder ricochet shot from Dragon’s Dogma where you could annihilate the Uber boss’ health bar with it, except you’re the uber boss being mulched.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It is my humble opinion that uniques, some of the rarest loot in the game, should be sidegrades with fully optimized alternative gear at the absolute worst. Having a unique reduce a skill’s damage by 70% is stupid lol

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
“We noticed that players were killing big groups of high level monsters quickly, and for the long term health of the game we decided to do something about that”

Bitch do you know what game you’re working on? That’s why we’re all here lol

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ehud posted:

what the hell??

I would NOT gently caress with this guy

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SettingSun posted:

They've basically confirmed today that nms are not the endgame they envisioned. So the question becomes what is?

It’s so weird to me cuz pre-release I’m pretty sure they said over and over and over that hell tides and pushing nightmare dungeons were meant to be the endgame content. What is going on over there

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The 2 second TP change is minor and dumb but it definitely feels like a boiling the frog thing where little changes like this will slowly add up to a miserable experience months/years down the line

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mikojan posted:

I played sorc a bit last season to lvl 48, and I wasn't able to make any skill at all blow up packs

but I'll settle for the argument of me being trash at video games

Maybe stux just plays zoomed in all the way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Vic posted:

Leveling 1-50 is not much fun because all your gear is transitional and skills allocation changes based on the gear. Character building really starts with the paragon system + sigils, and chance for interesting unique drops is gated behind a level gate in WT3/4

So until 50 it's a blank slate character like in Diablo 3, but without the breezy progress and with level scaling which most people don't care for.

The best parts are levels 50 - 70.

This is crazy to me cuz the early game is super fun imo. You’re playing around with new skills you haven’t touched yet, you’re constantly finding upgrades, and that feeling when you start getting legendaries and building up a stockpile of aspects is sweet. 50-70 is cool too but I can never understand people that just want to skip straight to it.