Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

BrianBoitano posted:

If you are on mobile there's a 95% chance you thought them was balls

Milk is stored in the balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Hashy posted:

You all need a day dedicated to torturing cows to get nutrients found in leafy greens?

Cows are horrible people. just the worst. In fact this is all their hell and we're the demons tormenting them. Why do you think farmers have pitchforks, jeez.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So are we a Nephalem again this time, and if we aren't are we not gonna beat up the Double Down Diablo , with Sauce?

Actually were the first two guys that beat up Diablo Nephalem? Does that title mean anything?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
What happened to the unstoppable murdered the Prime Evil and the incarnation of Death Itself PC from the last game?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They both dead.

Yeah I know their dead, we killed them!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Angels basically get turned into paste and used to remake new angels.

Demons eventually reform in Hell.

It's not clear what happens to Diablo/everyone who all had their souls merged together into the Prime Evil and died (but, let's be real, there's no way they are dead for good and Diablo at least is making his way back).

Gigantic red devil Diablo appears, jacked and fearsome, but when they open their mouth it's Leah's voice and she starts talking about how extremely unlikely all this demons and angels business is.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

coelomate posted:

An entire generation on the edge of their seats hoping D4 makes up for the tragedy of D3 at launch

I still remember, deep down, that Italian hell

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Thought I'd make pasta while the servers exploded, but i'm in a 4 minute log in queue, not bad

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Probably a dumb question but I don't see it explained anywhere in game: should I be ripping the aspects out of every legendary I find, or am I supposed to be more selective? I see that they take up inventory slots in the aspect tab and it definitely seems like I'm going to eventually run out of space before I find every aspect that can be rolled, but I'm not sure if the game ends up just giving you more slots or what.

The extraction destroys the item, and salvaging legendary stuff does have unique materials for weapons, armor and jewlery. If your getting dupe aspects or ones you just plain don't want it's not bad idea to just salvage them I think.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

If I was a betting man (I'm not), she's either gone to Skovos to grab something important from the Amazons (because we need those transmog microtransactions for a big titty/thigh class), or she's gone to the Dreadlands / Arreat Crater to find the essence of Baal and some new soulstones, and unlock some Demon Hunters (because we need those transmog microtransactions for a dominatrix/foot fetish class).

comedy option: back to heaven to really piss off Imperius

I'm not getting my Witch Doctor because act 5 ate it's thematic lunch and Druid and Necromancer basically have all it's niches covered but dammit I want my Monk. Set course for Ivorgrod, ye doomed child

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
On a main plot note, Rathma, the OG necromancer and first(?) man, Nephalem and demigod was some goth nerd who spent his entire life in a cave waiting for his dad to kill him.

This a deep disappointment to 11 year old me, setting on the floor and inhaling every bit of the Diablo 2 manual and it's write up for each class and their moves.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Astryl posted:

You will get a paladin and you will like it.

The only place for paladins is a check off on my hit list for Boss Tree.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Rhonne posted:

I'm still early on, but is Tyrael dead? Between the Horadrim being a shell of its former self again, no one ever mentioning him, and Inarius returning and taking over the church, it feels like something really bad happened to him in the time between games.

I've seen like one mention of him and that was Lorath he went to go do a task however long ago, presumably before the order went to poo poo, and never heard from him again.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Phenotype posted:

On this note, is there a good refresher for the Diablo storyline up til now? I don't remember much besides plunging the soulstone into my head at the end of 1, and then chasing down my old character in 2 since Diablo ended up taking him over.

Diablo 2 happened, all the primes got dead but Big T had to blow up Worldstone. Later the rest of Lesser Evils tried to take over the world and Imperius, Archangel of Valour and commander in Chief of angels said Heaven ain't doing nothing about it so T broke his wings off and fell to earth and this raised some undead (?) but anyway you kill all the rest of the evils and then Diablo again and shove them all into one rock.

Rather then lean back and relax, one Arch Angel named Matheal decided that it was totally balls that humans could choose between good and evil and that they were half demon and that's good enough excuse to do a genocide. So he steals the big rock of evil and uses it to kill like 90% of all humans before you gank him and drive this drives Sanctuary back into yet darker ages then they were already in.

Also Matt broke the rock with all the evils in it during the fight, mostly to be a dick, so now the primes are reforming and everyone is back to square one.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Most of my deaths have come from Leaping into a huge pack of dudes and either being perfectly fine or somehow emptying my health so fast I don't even have time to register whats going on, then Leaping into that same pack again and it all working out just fine with no adjustments to my tactics.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Kaddish posted:

Probably poison or something similar and it didn't trigger the second time. Happens all the time. Elemental effects are crazy dangerous.

The explodey fuckers are especially bad.

Poison is completely nasty, and the way bandit backstabby guys can stealth in and plant a fat stack on you(I think they're the ones doing it anyway) is nuts.

Bandits are actually typically ruder to fight then cultists and the forces of hell itself, actually. Almost as mean as boars.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Who the hell is Akarat anyway?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I assum the crusaders are expansion or maybe season bait? They're just sorta there hanging, out and feeling rough.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Killed a treasure goblin while under the effects of a greed shrine. It didn't do anything but for some reason I was hoping it would.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

Hey Duriel you old bastard, how you been?!?! I haven't seen you in ages!

That fight fuckin ruled

There was a quote a few years back around when they first announced D4 about how they were gonna get a bit more into that character and tell more of a story about who he is.

I dunno how much of their role shifted over development but a random Zerg design that jumps you in a hole in the desert with no build up is genuinely perfect. The essence of Durial.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So is it gonna be like a Destiny style seasons where it's got new quests and activities and stuff?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Gone Fashing posted:

it's basically fortnite meets heroes of might and magic

That explains nothing and promises far too much, try again.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
My Barb is a Dirty Tycoon.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I mean, people played poo poo other then WW in D3 when it was strong enough, the main problem right now is that WW has about a million different ways to scale on top of being the easiest "buzzsaw goes *brrrrrrrrzzzzz*" skill to use. I'm pretty sure WW has the most aspects dedicated to it as well, while stuff like Upheaval has... one? And it's technically a WW aspect as well.

I've only found one thing aspect that interacts with Hammer of the Ancients too. Most of the barb gear I find thinks I'm either running bleeds or WW. Kinda sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I started this up again and I'm having a good enough time, got a sorc to level 60 doing fire poo poo. Kinda disappointed with this vampire theme going on this season.

I actually thought that weird connection with the vampires and the giant bishops made of blood the Church kept having was gonna be explained in some fashion? Are vampires signed on either side of the whole heaven/hell thing? It seems like a weird diversion is all.

I wanted some dumb lore, dang it.