Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

drewmoney posted:

Bought the game on Xbox due to a glitch in the Xbox store that let me buy Ultimate for $45 instead of $155 in Australian money. My 7 year old son is pumped.

The game is not rated for 7 year olds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Game is not at all ready to be released, but its still fun, just buggy as gently caress.

I've experienced a single bug in 12 hours

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

godtier game. everyone who said this would be bad or have a rocky release has been real quiet lately lmfao
blizzard wins again

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Swilo posted:

it's out https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

Sounds like a bunch of nerfs to people cheesing endgame, but also Necros getting some buffs.

Barb completely gutted. It's not people cheesing endgame its using normal legendaries in their intended way lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I'm mostly mad I have to respec for the 2nd time. Not because of the gold cost (I sold 10 yellow items and paid for my first one) but because the skill screen ui is bad lmao.

Designing builds is fun as gently caress. Rend and rupture cover the screen with blood

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SettingSun posted:

How does pvp work? It seems like a non trivial part of the game so I expected some aggressive patching to keep things even(ish).

It's optional for skins and won't get any specific balance.

You kill mobs and gather motes to turn into dust. Turning them into dust triggers a 45 second zone wide announcement of your location. Anyone who toggles bloodstained mode can kill other players and take their dust.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

God I completely forgot they included pvp in this game. Why? Why would you voluntarily put yourself in the pillory of balancing a PvP arpg for a series that never had it before, and often relied on broken combos to succeed?

The original diablo 2 was nothing but pvp at the high end what are you talking about lmfao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i dont think the previously rolled legendaries got changed. mine are still the old rolls and seem to function the same.

early access stays WINNING

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zotix posted:

The game launched 3 days ago. Just because it's called early access if someone doesn't spend the extra $20 doesn't mean it wasn't released. Don't fall for the marketing gimmick.

Technically yes. However most builds are enabled by aspects. Some of which have abysmal drop rates. If you can't get your hands on a build defining aspect to switch to something else you are playing an drastically inferior product that can cut your efficiency by half or more. Example trampleslide.

That's without getting into builds that also require specific uniques to come online.

what build would require a unique lmao. theyre ultra rare drops. my retirement strategy relies on me winning the lottery.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zotix posted:

Stormwolf is one. Which is what a lot of druids will be switching to in the next couple of days. At least until blizzard nerfs that too. Cocaine bear also uses Vasilys and the bear chest piece that I can't think of the name.

soscannonballs posted:

Transitioning from Bone Spear to end-game Bone Spirit requires a unique chest

sure, but this is in context of

Zotix posted:

If you can't get your hands on a build defining aspect to switch to something else you are playing an drastically inferior product that can cut your efficiency by half or more.

i would simply play another build than complain about playing a drastically inferior product

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zotix posted:

Right the point is there aren't other solid builds to play if you don't already have hard to obtain aspects.

you're wrong

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

soscannonballs posted:

Thats cool but literally none of the other builds for my class are fun for me

I guarantee you haven't tried them in any meaningful capacity

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

soscannonballs posted:

I tried all the builds with most of the aspects for my class, but keep making assumptions in order to justify lovely behavior by the billion dollar company

You 100% did not do that

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

noticed the diablo 4 section on beforeiplay.com is missing. would someone mind filling that out?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

a lot of 'look up the ending on wikipedia' energy in here today

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mendrian posted:

It's definitely better to revert to the day of yesteryear where you hit a brick wall in gameplay, spend hours tinkering with your build, discover you have no idea where to start, obsessively collect gear until you know most of the important potential gear drops, try to build a slightly more deliberate character, do 5% better, get advice from your friend Chet, discover he was lying to you for a goof, and then finally some rando at 2am who parties with you gives you the finale piece of information you need to get your theory-build together and cracks open your DPS like an egg.

Or you could hit Google and hug your fuckin kids idk.

this isnt diablo 2, that wall doesnt exist.

*check notes* folks this is what i would call a brainlet tier take

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jetamo posted:

The amount of people coming into this thread alone saying that they're struggling with the difficulty of the game kinda implies different. :shrug:

i went up a world tier and the game is harder now? is this a bug?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

M. Night Skymall posted:

Did a world boss, I skipped all the betas so hadn't tried one before, but what's the point of this? The boss had all kinds of cool art and portals and poo poo, it wasn't ashava, but it was basically like LFR tier difficulty. One of the easiest things I've tried in the game. Just feels like they must have put a ton of effort into something that's just a really pretty loot pinata.

On the plus side it finally dropped my second shockwave aspect in 61 levels, so I can go back to pulverize druid. Trample/landslide feels very strong, but it's so unpleasant to play. Who's like "Oh I've got it, you'll trample forward, and then all your landslides will be behind you! where the mobs aren't, because trample pushes them forward if you hit them." Also incredibly cooldown dependent, clear a screen every 15 seconds then run in circles waiting to do it again. Pulverize is way nicer to play in my experience.

did you read the thread reactions when people couldn't easily kill the world boss

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

poemdexter posted:

This was me the moment I saw a necromancer do that big red snake spell.

thats sorc

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

McLarenF1 posted:

Thank you.

I ended up combining the Flurry Poison Imbune and Death Trap builds by dropping poison imbune for death trap.

Flurry Trap Rouge

My build/rotation is:
  1. Find group of enemies
  2. Cast Death Trap to suck them all into one spot
  3. Drop Poison Trap
  4. Drop Caltrops (which is a trap skill)
  5. Dash into the mob which automatically drops smoke grenade to daze enemies
  6. Alternate Puncture and Flurry (with 360 aspect) in middle of vulnerable, poisoned, slowed, and dazed crowd till death trap resets
  7. Go back to #2 and repeat until the mob dies

Build synergies include:
  1. Healing from Enhanced Flurry and Siphoning Strikes
  2. Pulling mobs in helps me got more targets with flurry
  3. Lucky Strikes reset traps before they deactivate with Exposure Key Passive
  4. Lots of mobility with 3 evades, 2 dashes, and 2 caltrops
  5. Improved Flurry spreads Vulnerable to the whole mob
  6. Very minimal positing required thanks to enemies getting sucked in and 360 attack of flurry, so it's a great lazy person build

Felt like a glass cannon tool I switched to this. See build above.

It very much is. See above build!

It was great for leveling, but in World Tier 3 there's a big damage cliff and I don't think it's as good as it was at lower levels since enemies are more tanky and so there are much less explosions.

Check out my lazy man build above.

A - It applies across all attacks. If you're not using that weapon in your build, they are just 'stat sticks' so don't worry about the damage, just the affixes.
B - Not sure, sorry.

If this guy can make a build, anyone can

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the pvp is incredible. the zone is full of extremely high density elite packs that seem to have an even higher drop rate than normal. the pvp reward isn't the bloodgems, its having the farming zone to yourself (and looting peoples ears to go in your trophy case)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Fattest PI posted:

Maybe I'm just old and don't enjoy things anymore but the D4 story seemed real dumb and pointless. The epilogue went on forever like I was attached to that one character but only met them like 10 minutes earlier, i don't even remember their name.

Oh well, I'm gonna grind to 50 and put together a cool werebear build

Confirmed you are old and don't enjoy things

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

fcr is aids and i'm glad they didn't include it. it is the best stat by so much that it makes the other stats seem terrible by comparison. instead we have cdr, which is the same thing
instead of fhr we have crowd control duration, which no one rolls because it doesnt make the damage # go up

what I want is the removal of flat damage reduction, make res + phys matter, and give me another affix or two on rares

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Anyone who disagrees with my posts can duel me in the dry steppes.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Vargs posted:

If an ability applies vulnerable, does that ability cast get the increased damage or is it only for followup attacks?

Follow up

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UyhpGWnEpc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RmzjDvUvtk

diablo 4 pvp is awesome

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ive been playing this game for 8 hours a day the past two weeks and the cracks are starting to show

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I wake up thinking about diablo and spend my entire day thinking about when I can do more nightmare dungeons and pvp. I read about farming strategies online at work until I can get home. I doordash every day so I can get back to finding legendaries and uniques to minmax my build. At the same time I can't help but feel like I didn't get my moneys worth, seems like a solid 6/10 game.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

acumen posted:

pvp is the best because if some loser keeps stealing my mob density I can just kill his rear end instead of bitching on the blizzard forums about them nerfing dungeons

this.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

you are hate lurking a thread for a game you don't even play. what is going on with you man? you sound insane

It's actually good that they continue to post and people making fun of them get day probes.

These mods are running irl low int builds, get your gear enchanted.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The balance is off though, running NMs for a hundred hours loving sucks

i much prefer greater rifts, or better yet baal runs

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kalli posted:

Marvel Heroes put in pets that would hoover up all loot under a certain quality you set and you'd level re-rollable perks on them that way.

I miss hitting a button and instantly deleting 300 items from the screen.

maybe theres a reason that awful game is dead despite a godly IP and d4 is the fastest selling game ever

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

fadam posted:

Wait, so exploration and altar Renown will carry over, but not dungeon, side quest, stronghold? That's cringe genuinely who wants to do any of that poo poo again?

people who like diablo probably. stronghold quests rule

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

fadam posted:

I love Diablo and I'd rather do whispers or nightmare dungeons instead, checkmate.

that's awesome. you're going to do the dungeons and side quests anyway, too bad! lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

fadam posted:

There's a substantial part of the game that is fun that most people would rather do instead.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1454400/Cookie_Clicker/

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

euphronius posted:

Do NM dungeons cover all the dungeons?

no, or at least not yet

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

people will grind the same dungeon over and over because it gives 5% more xp and complain when they're forced to do things that arent grinding the same dungeon over and over. blizzard is trying to save you from yourselves.

many of the posters in this thread resemble academy award nominee Sean Penn's character from a 2001 American drama film co-written and directed by Jessie Nelson

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

all that fun you were having is fake. after 200 hours its obvious you were tricked. pack it in blizzailures, back to the lols thread

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bamhand posted:

The take is that it's a huge pain in the rear end to experiment and the cost of failure is enormous.

you value your own time way too highly. respeccing is extremely fast and easy and costs almost nothing. you earn over 1 respecs worth of money in a single nightmare dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bamhand posted:

I actually looked at how much money I had before and after I had the build set up. It was 2 million. Then another million to go back. Actually that's probably being generous, I've had a single aspect extract cost 400k.

So probably 15-20 minutes to deal with the paragon board and then 40-45 minutes of dungeons to earn the gold back.

rares sell for about 20k each, legendaries for like 60-100k. assuming an inventory of just rares thats 660k. if this is considered a significant barrier to you maybe go play d3 instead.

what do you think your stash is for if not to store a ton of aspects and gear for other specs lol. if youre extracting and imprinting over your existing gear i dont know what to say. you shouldn't be doing that lmao