Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Popoto posted:

this poo poo is asking for age verification through credit card entry. is there another source?

if you dont feel comfortable giving them your credit card info you can give it to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
im not going to play the game i bought im just going to watch twitch of other people playing it so i can get fancy looks, while eating kfc sammiches

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Similar issue. I spent 2 days at KFC this week of roughly 5 hours each (one day unrelated to Diablo IV). Due to the nature of the promotion I had put my Diablo III promotional backpack on a table within the restaurant and had claimed that location for the day. I proceeded to order at the counter several times to collect all promotional pieces. I have heard SNICKERS and LAUGHS several times from the counter. One of them even proceeded to mimic my waddle (I do NOT waddle however I do breathe heavily). After my 6th order I proceeded to leave KFC to eat my dinner at Jack In The Box which was a pleasant experience to the Hell that was KFC.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

George H.W. oval office posted:

I’m honestly kinda digging the story. I know it’s all grim dark and all but there’s a lot going on in the world that’s neat.

Act 2 Donan my man I know you recognized it’s hopeless trying to save your son but even if you did a gaping soul stone wound is not gonna be fixable

Also i hink they did a great job of just making an atmosphere of post-apocalyptic fantasy. game feels right.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

George H.W. oval office posted:

Play what’s fun to you. Who gives a poo poo if the skill got nerfed somewhat during leveling.

I must play in the optimal fashion dictated to me by others.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
i think all of the classes can be pretty easily built to basically be unstoppable at world tier 2

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

yeah well whats ur build

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I restarted the game, and it let me in almost instantly

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

SettingSun posted:

I just watched a bear climb out of the ground like a mole. Sanctuary is hosed up.

Yo why did they build all these absolutely gargantuan underground structures

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Drone Incognito posted:

The wardrobe has a second tab. I think you can change it there

you cannot

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I found most of the bosses to be easier than some of the elite packs ive seen tbh. The bosses you can dodge and poo poo and have predictable mechanics. The elite packs have ganked me before tho

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Qubee posted:

I've never played Diablo. Ever. I played Titan Quest back in 2017 and absolutely loved every second of the game. One of my favourite memories, but that might be because of summer holiday freedom and playing TQ with a friend for hours every day. I tried Path of Exile, hated it. Couldn't get into it.

My question is, will I like Diablo 4? I want to give it a go but am apprehensive about splashing out the money. How similar is it to TQ?

I'll just recommend it on its own merits -- its very fun for coop play, and the party scaling means you and your friends can have fun together even if one guy is level 10 and the other guy is level 40, so nobody ever feels like theyre holding their friends back

I also didnt like PoE

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Helltides are a lot of fun

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I enjoy WT3 because the game is showering me in loot

Literally got like two stash tabs worth of rares and legendaries and gems and poo poo in a helltide run it was dope

And a staff that immediately like doubled my damage between a 50% increase in DPS, +30% core skill damage and +cc damage

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

Also goddamn they went hard on some of the nerco armors

You look like the bad guys

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Do i remember right, Zoltun Kulle held up his end of the bargain and didnt backstab us as anticipated, and instead we just decided to kill him

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

coelomate posted:

"I barely use gold" boy do I have bad news about the inevitable enchanting you will want to do!

I think the 2nd roll on a slot for a sacred item was gonna set me back $500,000...

For me, 1st roll was 200k, and the 2nd roll it wanted 1.1 million!!!

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I need more stash tabs. Like three per character, not four TOTAL

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Thats what makes them

UNIQUE

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

SettingSun posted:

What is even the intention of the vendors? Selling 3 crappy pieces that rotate for some reason. And I think someone said all the vendors share the same stock?

buying gear when leveling alts

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

ChocNitty posted:

What are your guys initial impressions on the game so far?

game good

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Astryl posted:

You can actually via the wardrobe.

Last time I checked you could not change hair at all in the wardrobe, did they add that recently?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Are they called arch angels because they come out of an arch

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

LifeLynx posted:

I'm currently unemployed. I have a family, and see some friends once or twice a week, but otherwise nothing better to do than play Diablo until my wrists and eyes hurt. I'm level 56. How the gently caress are some of you goons level 75 or higher already?

arent as bad at vidya games as u

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Tiny Timbs posted:

So is there no level scaling/caps in the PvP areas? Twice now in two separate areas I've just been instakilled by somebody 10 levels over me.

They pretty much said they have no plans to balance PvP

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Theres gonna be a lot of backlash if they sell stash tabs imo. PoE can do it because its free to play.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

MikeC posted:

Did I miss something or was Gea Kul just not used in the story at all? Is this the cut content people are talking about? Khejestan seems wasted for story purposes.

Correct

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
It sounds like PoE has some cool ideas, but I also didnt like PoE and bounced off of it within 2 hours each time I tried it.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I think matchmaking would do more to improve this game than any other feature they could add right now and they should focus on that. Though I still do hope for things like insane helltides with like quintuple the monsters.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
spin

to

win

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
blizzard needs to give us matchmaking in game for dungeons and helltides and stuff

#1 feathre needs to be added

First itbwill make the game more fun and 2nd I can show off my sick clothings i bought for my arpg barbie to strangers

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I started a Barbarisn alt and you know what its an absolute blast on WT1. Rekt the butcher and he gave me a lame mace, at least it has an ok aspect so i can use it as a stat stick.

Hard to decide between the whirlwind and rend. I like both so I might end up having to roll a 2nd barb later, I havent gotten to try Rupture with Rend but it sounds like it would be pretty effective at clearing fools

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

RCarr posted:

Not enough intelligence

or willpower maybe

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Stux posted:

wanted to see what the hgihyl esteemed guides would recommend in the same situation

lmao

best way to make more damage, is more damage

Please smash that like and subscribe buttons

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Pretty neat that you find out what happened to the Paladin from Diablo 2 anyone else notice any cool callbacks?

You also find the Crusader from Diablo 3

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Kaddish posted:

The skill animation scaling stuff doesn't seem to work in release. At least not like it was shown.

Yeah i havent noticed it, is there some key levels where thr animations are supposed to change like 5/10/15?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Away all Goats posted:

Just hit lvl 50 on my Druid. Started with a summoner build until I realized that sucked rear end and followed a guide to build a landslide/trample druid.

Enjoying the game so far but something that really sucks is I can't refund individual skills. It's all or nothing. Would have been nice to test out different ultimates or whatever. I'm sure everyone is nostalgic for how Diablo 2 did it but I think free swapping of skills was one of the things D3 did right.

You can refund individual skills as long as it doesnt break later nodes

I assume your on controller, you actually have to hold down the button to refund individual skills whereas just pressing the button refunds all the skills

That may sound insane but thats how it be

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Asproigerosis posted:

What's the good ranged rogue, I hate this twistblade poo poo

im haffing fun with penetrating shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

Bear skin that's actually a yeti.