Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
see you in Sanctuary, gamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
my son is choosing to wait so it wont distract from work and his bf :)

ARPG is seriously his maxo relaxo genre tho, which is cool, bc I didnt play violent video games around him until he started seeking them out himself. he had none of that Millennial "be me!!!" crap growing up.

he thinks D4 will be better than POE until POE copies whatever few good ideas D4 has.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
oh yeah also hes confirmed for one "le toucan has arrived" away from a permaban in POE

I am very proud of him always ❤️

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

search engine posted:

This lines up perfectly.

he is pretty great, yeah

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Tiny Timbs posted:

How do people do world bosses? I'm not seeing any notifications pop up. Are you supposed to follow a twitter account to know when they're available?

lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

zoux posted:

That reminds me, I grew up evangelical, fully steeped in that "every hollywood/pop culture thing is from Satan and is trying to despoil your soul" and I still have that voice in the back of my head and man, my youth pastors would've gone utterly insane if we had had Diablo 4 back in the early 90s.

yesss cant wait

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Where is a good place, if any in particular, to farm Demon kills for the Demon Massacre achievement? I want to be a Horadrim.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I can be a shirtless Monk with rainbow butterfly wings and a miniature pet cow that eats coins in Diablo 3.

Bliz, lets skip right tf ahead to the part of Diablo 4 where you let me be a glowing Robot Santa riding atop a candy pony made of stardust and wishes. We all know its coming too! its literally only a matter of time! just lets drop all loving false pretenses of this ultra serious ultra dour crap and get to the fun poo poo

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

zoux posted:

Here’s how it’s gonna work, you’re gonna play season 1 and quit after a few weeks with one or two high level chars. You’re gonna skip some seasons. In a year or so you’ll get the ARPG itch and be like “hey I should see what’s up with the current season” and you will and you’re gonna play it like it’s a new game and then quit after a few weeks with one or two high level characters. You’re going to do that for eleven years.

lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mikojan posted:

Glad goons are finally agreeing about something

I just wish it wasnt "diablo is supposed to be mediocre"

Im not being argumentative here but what are the non-mediocre ARPGs that people are playing online? I just like to click on monsters sometimes with my buddies.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Herstory Begins Now posted:

d4 actually accomplished one of the things it set out to do which was get non-arpg dorks playing arpgs. just so happens that arpg genre conventions of 'we roll back your 250 hours of time invested several times a year' seem insane to non-arpg dorks

EVERYBODY and I mean EVERYBODY at my place of work who is remotely video games adjacent is playing D4, even silly little management types that have a game system existing in their house bc of kids, so itll be kind of interesting for me to watcg how this turns out. I think Seasons are really neat and I hope I get to be a gay butterfly man soon enough!!!!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Silly question for teh thread: What game started Prefix/Suffix titles for your player avatar? I love that poo poo. RN I am an Apprentice Witch. :) I know Animal Crossing New Horizons did it?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

zoux posted:

I am a Treasure Tyrant.

sick

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Verviticus posted:

im torn when i see seasons talk because on the one hand i sympathize with the people who said rerolling sucks but on the other hand, not only has it worked like this for well over a decade in diablo games and arpgs but also like, did you not do any research at all on the game you bought. like people paid $80 or $100 or whatever the gently caress and then went "whats a season". did you google the game once or talk to anyone about it or did you just buy it because the hot naked demon lady was on the cover (thats why i got it)

im bubbly barbarian

if the turbonormies touching a video game system for the first time since high school or college at my work are anything to go by, my guess is its bc Bliz had an extremely successful ad campaign targeting non gamer types + the hot demon babe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Thom and the Heads posted:

they should just let me Do Rifts Again

yeah