Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Vapor Moon posted:

I haven't paid any attention to D4 news, has there been any endgame content properly shown off or is it a D3 situation where we get to find out how 'fun' it is when we get there after release?

Sort of, at least one guy got to level 100 / t100 maps in the 10 day reviewer preview but I dont think the level 100 boss was part of the preview and I'm not sure if t100 is the current cap for nightmare dungeons or just the cap for the preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji4QDveNOj8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

he's doing 630 million damage aoe hits in that?

keep an eye out for these fellers i guess

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Astryl posted:

I swear to god if this is a joke

it's already been confirmed

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Cyrano4747 posted:

I only played the first beta weekend, any news or consensus on what the broken as gently caress and lovely as hell classes are at launch?

Barb is evergreen, iirc both the first hardcore diablo kill and the first max level D3 characters were barbs and barb+druid were reportedly the strongest in the endgame beta

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I hope bill gates injects kotick with a 5g microchip vaccine and then fires him

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Caidin posted:

What happened to the unstoppable murdered the Prime Evil and the incarnation of Death Itself PC from the last game?

got turned into a dog

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Flavahbeast posted:

Beware: the dog will follow you if you pet it. The dog is vulnerable to your attacks!
update: the town dogs are still in danger

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

spin barb still feels really strong, I wouldnt be surprised if they also nerf vuln stacking or Exploit (theres a glyph called Exploit)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I think I have unlocked all Lilith Statues :toot:

you'll get an achieve if you do, sounds like you missed one

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Nah, as many as you can fit in the hour. Can't reuse the same chest though.

Here's a map of the mystery chests (175, multiple legendaries generally, chance at mounts I believe)

mystery chests are in general the best way to spend cinders but I got a mount from one of the non-mystery ones

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

faantastic posted:

Some events are impossible in wt4 nm dungeons even if you're well geared and clearing them easily. Notably frustrating ones:

Any survivor one, they just die instantly to any aoe mob.

I see that one in every other dungeon and just run by, even if it wasn't impossible it's too slow. Sorry lady you were dead anyway

faantastic posted:

That being said, has anyone seen the grandfather drop or know what level requirements might be?

There seems to be a bunch of chase unique items (Grandfather, Shako, some others) that afaik no one has seen yet

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

katkillad2 posted:

Well I made it to Elias in the tier 3 capstone dungeon as a level 60 rogue. My damage output isn't an issue at all, but I'm pretty much a glass cannon. They one shot me with everything, along with some elites special abilities.

I really don't know if getting 10 more levels is going to make much of a difference, I seem to be finding an upgrade like once every 10 hours at this point.

iirc the nightmare capstone dungeon is level 70, so leveling should make a big difference - you take a big penalty to the effectiveness of your armor and resists if enemies are higher level than you, even normal enemies are dangerous at +10 and that boss hits pretty hard

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

lol, looted Temerity and linked it in chat, then servers died immediately :rip:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

MMF Freeway posted:

Its confusing because its still the same app. Your PoE1 icon changes to PoE2 and you can't play 1 anymore (well you can play the campaign, but many fundamental systems are all going to change). It makes sense in context, the game is going to be hugely altered with all the bells and whistles you'd expect from a sequel, but also all your stuff still has to transfer over because they've spent a decade building up a dedicated player base spending money on microtransactions in a f2p game and they don't want to start from scratch/split the players up.

ohh so its like overwatch 2

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

chris wilson RUINED diablo 3

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

this game has the weirdest, most broken login queues Ive seen. Didn't Blizzard invent login queues??

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kaddish posted:

I had one too many cannabis gummies and lost like 600k gold because of this.

Ive wasted like 2 million because I didn't realize you can just unspec a single point :psyduck:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

if you fully upgrade a rare glyph you can be Paragon Paragon

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

You don't need to learn the lingo to run the T1 cinematic leveling experience and hitting the imps with any random stick will finish the campaign. Afterwards if you want to get on the current endgame treadmill, there are only a few viable skill combos that 95% of the gold farmers and internet beggars run because the majority of skills in this game are so anemic they can be considered cosmetic.

That mostly seems right but I'm surprised rend is so much lower than hota, what's this data come from?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

bobtheconqueror posted:

As a feral druid before it was cool, bear tank did not have much play. Pre-BC I mostly just farmed LW mats once I hit 60.

The one thing I remember using a druid tank for in vanilla was 4 horsemen, because we were running on fumes by the time we finished naxx and didn't have 8 raid geared warriors

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And I guess with the paragon points locked behind 'em, the open world exploration/side quests are a "there is no right or wrong time to do them and there are rewards relevant to any power progression at any point in the game"

That's like... a GOOD thing? I have Bungie Stockholm Syndrome (destiny 2 player) so my brain is trying to reject this possibility of benevolent game design

I think they're fine but I don't want to have to re-do the same side quests every season, hopefully bliz will add more ways to earn renown or just leave them unlocked

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Megasabin posted:

Very interesting. The ruleset must be strange on which aspects it affects and which it ignores. As sorc almost all the good aspects are % based, which seems not to change as Zotix mentioned above. I didn't realize flat values could improve.

Yeah it's just inconsistent, some aspects appear to be the same across normal->sacred->legendary and others get much stronger

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Floor is lava posted:

Has anyone found anything related to the cow level yet? I know they data mined the assets for it already

Rod Fergusson sez there currently isn't one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RoYHp7hA_4&t=2115s

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

FrickenMoron posted:

What happens if you accidentally wander into a pvp area as a HC character? Game over right there?

I think some things you can do in pvp zones make you a lot more visible to other players, like bloodmarking yourself, starting a shard purification ritual or collecting a big pile of shards. If you just run through you might not see anyone at all (though it's certainly still a risk)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Theres at least one quest where the npc gives you a few hundred gold and their friend is like "no, we can't possibly afford to give them that!" folks, I am carrying 22 million gold in my pockets

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Bold Robot posted:

What is the purpose of magic glyphs? There are so few glyph sockets on the paragon boards that I don't understand why you would ever use anything other than a rare.

I'm guessing they're vestigial to an older version of the endgame, maybe rare glyphs were originally supposed to be way rarer.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

MMAgCh posted:

Turns out that if you are standing inside the invulnerability bubble at the end of a NM dungeon and teleport to town, environmental damage effects somehow can still kill your character if the loading screen bugs out – some streamer lost a L91 HC druid to this earlier. Pretty wild that this can happen at all.

I think all the major streamer deaths so far have been server issues/bugs other than the guy who died to uber lilith

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Gwaihir posted:

In D3 you don't loot yellows at all, in the last season your pet automatically salvages them as soon as they drop for you even lol. What game were you playing?

well, they were worth something once

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Shoenin posted:

So whats the deal with Suppresion elites?
Why do they have a weirdly high amount of health sometimes, and others they just melt super fast? I thought their gimmick was just the projectile shield.

are you using whirlwind? iirc channeled abilities like whirlwind snapshot your position for the purpose of the shield, so if you start channeling outside the shield then move inside the shield it will keep blocking you because your attacks "originated" outside the shield

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Diablo Immortal featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry™ series

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Time posted:

You don’t have to be 85 for them to drop from a chest, only mobs. A guy I play with just got the ultra rare amulet at 77 from a chest

was he a druid?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

boredsatellite posted:

I mean the thread went massively off topic and they just warned people about it. Chill

just merge the threads imo

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

speaking of titles,

I fear Local Stalker is not long for this world

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Regular uniques, not so rare. Late game you'll probably see one every 1-2 nightmare dungeons, helltides drop a lot. I killed the helltide bug twice yesterday and it dropped a unique both times

the six chase uniques are mega rare, like Zod rune/mirror of kalandra rare, and only drop from 85+ monsters, and afaik they're currently disabled entirely

edit: looks like they were just re-enabled a little while ago

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 8, 2023

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Inarius was right

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

one of the druid's werewolf abilities is just seven sided strike if thats what you're missing

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

it makes no big difference to me because the respec cost is pretty trivial in the long term, just like path of exile

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

CharlestonJew posted:

Lol to whoever said path of exile respecs are cheap but conveniently left out the fact you can only respec 20 points total, per character, with those points being spread out throughout your entire play through

jeez it never used to be that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Stux posted:

i think u can hit d4 cap and do the end boss a lot faster than htiting poe cap and grinding out all the ubers. unless of course u use 5 ways lol

5 ways are so fucken dead next league imo