Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Givin posted:

My biggest complaint with the game is I can't see it under the clouds of black death and bonersmoke I'm throwing out.

I want to know what graphics settings we can tweak to make it less bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

You can still tweak your build pretty heavily, so it's a pretty good middle ground IMO. I've been bouncing back and forth from Bone Spear and Bone Spirit with a combination of both without much trouble.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Now that I've pretty much reached all my goals with my Necro I'll play other games until season 1 comes out. It was a solid nearly-2 weeks.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sab669 posted:

I played DOTA for the first time since before TOTK came out, this week :ohdear:

Dota 2's the first non-Diablo 4 game I'm gonna play this month. Gonna Tinker it up!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

soggybagel posted:

The upcoming Gem Bag will be available as part of a DLC Bundle.

When an elite hits you in the gem bag, you'll be stunned for 5 seconds. Can't be interrupted.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Shredder posted:

Half the aspects aren't in the codex

I've been getting aspects that weren't in the codex before added into it. So I think they're a drop of some kind. Either way, it's still better to save all high-rolled aspects for items you're not using.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Magus42 posted:

(x) Doubt

Aspects that aren't in the codex don't show up on the codex later.

I mean you can't go to a dungeon to unlock every single class specific codex, some of them are random drops only.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Gwaihir posted:

Comparisons to vanilla d3 are pretty laughable because it was so loving bad, but also, we're not in 2012 anymore and presumably there's at least one person left at blizzard that remembers all the fixes required to turn d3 from a trash game to a great one.

They just didn't want to put a lot of end game content out day one. So, instead we'll have to wait a while until loot tables are evened out (I'm loving done with trying to find a decent Aspect of the Umbral) when there's greater rifts or whatever leader boards to push.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

If you’re playing on Wi-Fi, you’re doomed to experiencing lag.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I wonder if they'll add WT5 to this new season.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqOEnbXmnGc

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I bought a Backbone controller for my phone in December last year, and it was never really used until this game came out. Now I can run dungeons on my couch while my family watches a movie, it's like a dad cheat code.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

20 additional paragon is so good, definitely don't skip on renown grind. It's not so bad if you've done your Lilith altars and map exploration prior to the new season.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The Grumbles posted:

Dota started the battle pass to huge success in 2013, and then Fortnite to even huger, unimaginably huger success in 2018 (with other, smaller, still successful enough attempts in between) so if the game started production around then it would have been squarely in 'we have to make the money they're making the way they're making it territory'.

The funny thing is Valve recently said they're done with battle passes as they seem to be burnt out on it.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Random Hero posted:

I have been really considering this and probably should have gotten one during the Prime Day sale for $30 off. Are you running it off PS5 or Xbox? And how is it with the phone for both screen size and performance? I have Series X and a iPhone 13 Pro, and we're expecting our 1st kid in the next few weeks.

I’m playing on PC but I imagine the experience is the same all around. I’m on a 13 pro max and it works perfectly. I can’t even notice input lag.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I can’t move away from bone spear because I like seeing big numbers.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

For bone spear, you want to use a 2H sword over a 1H sword for the higher damage from the splintering aspect.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Kaddish posted:

Bone spear friends, what glyph are you prioritizing first? I feel like there are several good options.

Others will disagree with me, but I prefer blood-drinker with skills that increase blood orb drops, and making sure I have gear that has damage reduction from fortify. Being tanky owns.

If you don't care about being tanky, go for Control since there's 2 +10 INT nodes within reach.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I really hope they don't make us do the full renown grind every season.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It’s funny to see Blizzard refuse to remember all the mistakes they learned when doing Diablo 3 seasons. Maybe by season 5 we’ll have rifts with procedurally generated dungeons and enemy combinations to keep it interesting.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I like the MMO feeling D4 adds.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

my main complaint is local chat doesnt work so it doesnt really feel like an mmo bc nobody is posting copy pasta in town square

I wanna browse iLVL 800+ rares in an AH.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Putting a lvl 60 minimum to Ancestral gear sucks rear end.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Great, now I can put my blood-drinker glyph back on.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The Howl From Below gloves are cool if you get them before like lvl 60, otherwise you're only exploding corpses for that damage buff talent you get.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

Bring back gelatinous gobbos.

And goblin shrines!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The red turd that follows you around and explodes in NMDs can gently caress off forever.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Greater affix affix

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The expansion better bring the witch doctor back!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Leveling glyphs is so fun! I enjoy picking up 3 stones and dropping them off at pillars over and over again!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Don't do bad NMDs

Do these. And only do them with Ancestral Awakening as the positive modifier

I was hoping I would only need to check for like 1 affix before salvaging my sigils but you're right, my sanity is at stake here. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

show yourself, coward. i will never log off