Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

boredsatellite posted:

How did this feel to play with a controller btw. Might bring out my Xbox controller lying around

Mostly very good, to the point where I'm playing my full game on the Xbox Series X. Controller was already IMO the superior way to play Diablo 3 after they did the console versions, and this is an evolution of that.

The caveat to that is that the game doesn't do an amazing job of implementing XInput on Windows. I had some issues where the game detected that a controller was connected, because pushing buttons on the controller switched the UI to the controller layout, but the inputs weren't actually recognized. I submitted a fairly thorough bug report on the issue during the review process, so hopefully it gets fixed by launch.

Just having one XInput controller connected was fine (Bluetooth or wired), but it seems that for instance having a wired controller plugged in, connecting a wireless controller, and then unplugging the wired controller crapped things up even if you did all of this before launching the game. And so did connecting a wireless controller, having it disconnect or turn off, and then turning it back on.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

orphean posted:

They are totally viable to run at T4. However, they just aren't very efficient. Damage is lackluster at best, but the biggest thing at least in my opinion is that they are annoying to play when target management is critical.

I dunno man, that isn't making a great case for them being totally viable.