Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ooh poo poo that is a sexy cow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Remember when the game goes live today, close battle.net first and then re-open it if the play button is not working.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I plan on taking work off tomorrow depending on how the servers are doing. I may not bother if the game isnt possible to play, which it very well may not, but I hope everything goes smoothly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mayveena posted:

Link to D4 map. Absolutely spoiler territory view at your own risk.

So wait, is each act just adding a new region to the world, and the whole thing is seamless?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

coelomate posted:

how is everyone feeling about the state of the necromancer at launch? sounds fun, but chain lightning sorc with teleport sounds fast, and I cannot decide.

Reviews seem to suggest that Necromancer is much better compared to the previous open beta. But they are a more advance class to play because some of their best builds require very specific gear.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CBD Corndog posted:

You can do acts 1-4 in any order you want leading upto act 5. issa open world baybee

This is super loving cool! I didn't know this was the direction Blizzard went.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Philthy posted:

Someone help me out here..

I signed into Battle.net on my PC, it wants an authenticator code. Fine, I load up Authenticator on my iphone. It says it is now replaced with the Battle.Net app. I install that. Now it wants me to sign into the Battle.Net app, which I do, but it wants me to put in an Authenticator code FROM ITSELF.

What the hell and I supposed to do here?

Edit: Nevermind, thank god for SMS. What's the point of auth if you can get past it with SMS. Da gently caress lmao

I had to use an authenticator code from the old app. It was a weird convoluted process. But yeah SMS is how I prefer to handle this stuff instead of having yet another app on my phone that I will use maybe once a month.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dysgenesis posted:

Rookie numbers. My employer reports over 20000 cases in the last five years.

Jesus, do you work at Arizona State University?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At first I thought this was legit and didnt notice it was the hard drive, but also its not even remotely wrong.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dysgenesis posted:

UK NHS. To be fair the majority are patients abusing staff.

Was hoping for a lucky guess. :P Kinda the same thing that happened at the university I attended. They ended up being investigated by the federal government for having an outrageously high number of reported sexual assaults. Significantly more than any other college campus in the country.

Mayveena posted:

If we have to go here, you're going to always have issues with harassment in the workplace. The question is how you respond to them and what you are doing to prevent them. They weren't doing much to prevent them, and their response was inadequate. Once MS takes over, Kotick will be gone and we can move on from this ugly situation hopefully.

Completely true. It feels like though that pretty much no company responds correctly, even though the bar is really low.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you need something to do for the next hour, We Love Katamari Reroll is out now on Steam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HopperUK posted:

gently caress yeah thank you

The hardest part of this game is skipping the intro song. its so good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

sure okay posted:

Cant wait to play at exactly 4 pm today with no queue, hiccups or disconnects.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

30 minutes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BULBASAUR posted:

which # will the error be this time?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

we think button will work or should i be constantly restarting app

in the beta you had to start the app at launch time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got in with zero issues, no queue.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Level 14 and on act 2 now, two hours into playing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

I guess all this battle pass progress stuff won't start until the 6th?

no, its further out than that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

the character models, clothing & armor, are just absolutely loving insane in detail. Blizzard didnt have to go this hard but they did and I appreciate it a lot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Scumbag posted:

People are afraid they'll miss out on the FOMO battlepass. This is brilliant. Congratulations, Blizzard.

I dont care for the battlepass myself. I will let the idiot whales fund future expansions and updates.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FootballFreak2 posted:

Why are there so many clans

Guilds dont allow many members.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got to the act 2 end boss, killed it but the game broke and the fight wont actually end even though the boss is dead.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

runaway dog posted:

what am I missing? it said pre order and play now but I downloaded it and it says I can't play till the 6th?

You had to have bought the deluxe edition.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay doing the act 2 boss over again fixed it, but still annoying.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

After you get through the act I content, the cracks start to show in the story. So many of these cutscenes are glitchy, and a lot of corners were cut.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Scumbag posted:

You're welcome! I also like to put barbecue tongs in my pee hole.

same though

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

yay another broken quest

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Holy poo poo the main quest is so loving broken lol. Let this be absolute proof that crunch time development does not deliver. Lets try to do this one single quest for a 4th loving time and hope the scripting doesnt break.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Game is very fun to play, but this story is terrible.

[edit]
Half way through act III, you can no longer skip cutscenes lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Played for seven hours tonight, made it to act IV, a little bit of the ways into that act you will get a quest that requires that you be level 35 in order to continue. So you'll eventually be forced into doing side content, but this should be about 8 - 10 extra levels if you just focus on the story up until that point.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Astryl posted:

Burned all the way to act V. I’ll finish the story tomorrow.

Here I was thinking I was almost done minus the side content that needs to be done. The story really goes no where though and everyone is very stupid. I am looking forward to never have to touch that part ever again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ihmemies posted:

So is the game worth :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: ?

Game is not at all ready to be released, but its still fun, just buggy as gently caress.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh no I "dont feel good" today, however will I get through work? Ooh well, I guess I won't! Time to do something else... :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

euphronius posted:

D4 has worse skills, skill trees, items, item interactions with skills

Yep, i'm looking forward to Blizzard entirely overhauling the skill trees. They will be entirely different from what they are now within a year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay level 35, have all of my necro skill tree unlocked. :toot:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

I think D4's story is more engaging that D3 in large part to Blizzard actually getting some decent voice actors this time. D3's were all straight from Saturday morning cartoons. This has The Office's Finchy.

I don't like how much NPC interaction you have in the D4 story, it was bad enough in D3. And then you have moments of hunting and pecking around for clues and quest objects, and this just isn't that kind of RPG.

I know Blizzard is known for pretty half-rear end stories in their games, and this is no exception, but it still doesn't change the fact that this story is really bad and boring.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AlternateAccount posted:

Uh no. There were a lot of things to complain about at launch, and the story was easily top 3 if not #1.

Yeah the story was embarrassing and you had to run through it multiple times for each character you made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Brain Curry posted:

I feel like I was able to skip through all the story in beta, although I definitely just left the room to get drinks or what not during some of it. Bad plot in a video game only bothers me personally if it’s unskippable

Some of the cutscenes you'll encounter, cannot be skipped, this appears to be a bug though.