Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
I also started playing diablo 4 and it was good and fun until I hit a wall with a minions build in tier 4.

I switched to bone spear and all is good and fun again. Although I would prefer it if there was more than 1 workable build.

Main issue I have with late game progression is how disjointed everything is, I need to do:

1) Run nightmare dungeons for glyph experience
2) Run helltides for item upgrade mats
3) Do open world/ whisper stuff for season progression/ renown
4) Run vaults to upgrade the spider thing (but from what I understand this won't persist beyond the season so I don't think I'll bother)

I gave up bothering on things like Lilith statues pretty early on. Does this really need to be repeated every season? Is there any way of finding them other than looking it up on a website?

Also, obols are giving me nothing in tier 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

I appreciate I need to start a new character in the new season, but the old one is there in eternal if I feel like revisiting, however from what I understand the spider will disappear forever, so I don't see the point at this late stage in the season to bother at all with it (and honestly, considering how short the seasons are, I'm not sure I would bother at all unless it was OP)

E: Cool that renown sticks around, I think I'll concentrate on that

Betjeman fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 23, 2024

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

I too have played PoE

I get it, and I imagine if I didn't start with a month to go and the campaign to run through it'd be fine.

My eyebrows have stopped raising now I see renown carries over

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

I had a hybrid summon/ bone spear necromancer and was fine with it until tier 4 when there was a big drop off in damage and survivability. I switched to the meta bone spear build, sacrificed everyone except reapers, and essence generation actually improved.
Having the ring that auto casts corpse explosion was a big help I think.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Just finished the altars. What a boring faff but done now

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Most of them are on little peninsulas on the map (before I found the online guide this was how I was trying to find them). But some of them are well hidden so even knowing exactly where they are they're still difficult to see. Also a lot of them are placed awkwardly so you have to get off the horse to click them. A guide is really the only sane way to get them all.

This is on ps5, I imagine the pc experience is a bit easier

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Talking of the horse, it would be a simple QoL fix to make it so you don't have to click dismount before being clicking to climb up a ladder. Couple that with the stupid cooldowns, sure make charge a cooldown but don't have the horse move stupid slow when you're tapped out. I can't see the point at all of having mount be on a cooldown either

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Diablo: Cataclysm

lol just saw this. Whyyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Everyone going to ddos diablo with skellies